• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woodlands residents want new water tank. Oh dear...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal.

Interestingly enough. The management of the TC has been outsourced to a privatized HDB and Keppel JV. Technically they are not Civil Servants and thus not bound by civil service rules, hence the JTC issue over Geraldine Soh.

I think we are seeing the phenomenon of little lee kuan yews most kindly brought forth by Ngiam and its disgusting when it comes down to the town council level.

In so much as the blame for this debacle lies soley with the TC for a. not securing roof access and b. not informing the public when they knew.

I can't believe where the PAP finds MPs who have no idea or are completely clueless about the questions to ask. about who knew what when, and who did what when and why

Their role is not only to blindly accept what the beauracracy says, it is also to question and press the beauracracy.

Locke

In the end, the buck still stops at the MP's office. The MP selects the chairman of the TC, and also appoints the TC council members. They in turn hire the management company who it turns out are all some derivatives of govt. GLCs or stat board like Erascom. These management companies have no real interest in providing the best possible service, because they know that they will win the contract or the contract will be renewed everytime, no questions asked. They have no accountability whatsoever. Can you imagine there are so many TCs, and not one TC has ever fired their management company in all the years this fraudulent system has been in placed? Yet, u can see that there are many complains about the cleanliness and upkeeps of the towns. In a real market system, some companies would have already been fired by now.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I want to avoid that block of flats in future. Will not be keen to attend any house warming, baby shower, new year visits etc.... Let alone buying a flat in that vicinity.

Do u seriously think that this is sole restricted to the Woodlands area. If its so easy to compromise the water tank area of this block of flats, I can assure that other blocks in other parts of singapore have been just as easily tampered with. There are already many reports of people from all over the island seeing FTs bathing in the water tanks, fornicating in the rooftop and than cleaning themselves in the water tanks, etc. For people from these kind of countries, a water tank full of clean water is a luxury and muich better than the dirty river they bath in at home, or the filty water in their taps. To them the water is still plenty clean even after they have washed themselves in it.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can take filth, even bangla washing their genitals in the tanks. But on a personal basis, a murdered corpse in the water tank goes beyond my level of comfort. I tend to believe there will be a lingering vengeful spirit...

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is time to tell TC or their contractors to hire local staff instead of all these cheap Banga workers. They cause social problems...just look at their living conditions....so awful that they have to bath at roof top water tank. So many squeezed into living quarters like pigs. When TC or their contractors start treating these workers with respect, then they may stop bathing at roof top water tank, having sex in weird places (roof tops, forest, construction sites, rubbish dumps, factories, trucks). Just today, 1 company got fine for squeezing twice the number of workers in dorm. Recently, i saw 1 Banga worker hugging a Pinoy maid outside mrt...hehe.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this pix

0507_A13.jpg

Oh, I'm laughing ! This pic is really nice. Try to put a caption : "Ha ha ! Look ! Suckers !"

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spiritual Tank

Will be interesting for the residents during the 7th month period... No need to go movies to watch horror show. Stay at home and experience dark water for real.

[video=youtube;UfuC69bsaj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfuC69bsaj4&feature=related[/video]

All these Japanese and Korean movies are gettin' into their nerves. Beware of the loud and continual dripping of water in the night. Those live on the top floor will be terrorised by occasional visitation or her long crying sound.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. But I didn't seem to recall reading any info in the news reports regarding the length of time between the murder and finding the body in the water tank. Was it about 3 to 4 hours? Anyone can fill in on this?:smile:

Anyway, the total surface area of the affected subsidary pipes in each unit is many times more than that of the water tank.

Until the forensic report is out I think no one actually know how long the dead body had been in the water. The body was discovered at approximately 10am that morning as reported in "asiaone". Different news agencies have different reports.

Contamination is undeniable, it's a question of how bad. Size of the tank, water temperature and the period dictates the state of decomposition. The tank can be cleaned, pipes can be flushed but the psychological aspects of it all will not go away easily.

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only the CCB supervisors should have access to the CCB keypress for the CCB tanks not the CCB banglas.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
So they are getting a new tank. Which is good news. Is the cost of the new tank coming from the Town Council? The funds for the Town Council stems from the conservancy charges. If this is the case, the woodlands residets are paying for the new tank themselves?