• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wong Kan Seng To Be The Next UOB Chairman!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: United Overseas Bank (UOB) announced on Thursday (Nov 2) that former deputy prime minister Wong Kan Seng has been nominated to succeed incumbent independent non-executive chairman Mr Hsieh Fu Hua, 67, who will be retiring next year.

Mr Wong, who is 71, joined UOB’s board on July 27.

UOB also said that chairman emeritus Dr Wee Cho Yaw will retire from the board after six decades of service, the bank said in a press release.

The board changes are part of the bank’s ongoing renewal and succession plan, UOB said.

Dr Wee, who turns 89 next January, will relinquish all his board responsibilities at the bank’s annual general meeting in April next year.

He will retain his chairman emeritus title and will also be appointed honorary adviser to the board in recognition of his many years of leadership and contribution to the group.

Dr Wee is “one of Singapore’s legendary entrepreneurs who has made immense contributions to the development of the banking industry,” UOB said.

“Under his leadership, UOB expanded greatly, both in scale and scope. It grew from a single branch local bank to a major regional player with more than 500 offices in 19 countries and territories ... Dr Wee also guided the bank through several international and regional financial and economic crises, all the while entrenching a culture based on values of thrift, prudence and vigilance.”

Mr Hsieh is the first chairman of the bank from outside the Wee family and would have served six years on the board when he steps down on 14 February 2018. Until then, Mr Hsieh will continue to chair the board to oversee matters pertaining to the group’s current financial year, UOB said.

Mr Wong’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...g-to-succeed-hsieh-fu-hua-as-chairman-9369546

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
They lean from judge replace with older man, so will winston choo rise from grave to replace desperate quack?

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds very familiar. Step down but not retired and self appoint emeritus title and honorary adviser.

Wonder where did they get the idea from?:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds very familiar. Step down but not retired and self appoint emeritus title and honorary adviser.

Wonder where did they get the idea from?:rolleyes:

That is why they are willing to take in an 'old junk' from the 'chilli craps' sellers...UOB must be desperate to hold on to something to get 'craps' like this one. If we sieve the news, we can understand the reason.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm closing my UOB account soon-unless someone can tell me what expertise does WKS have in banking and how appointing a 71 year old is called renewal.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I'm closing my UOB account soon-unless someone can tell me what expertise does WKS have in banking and how appointing a 71 year old is called renewal.
I am doing the same. Cronyism is a dangerous thing, and I value my money.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wrongcantsing on money laundering in the bank

the money is either in the bank or is not in the bank

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why they are willing to take in an 'old junk' from the 'chilli craps' sellers...UOB must be desperate to hold on to something to get 'craps' like this one. If we sieve the news, we can understand the reason.
they were happy that they were not asked to take in desperate quack instead

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old fucker is barely taller than the counter and he is asked to be chairman.
Sinkieland 5 million population no one else qualified?
Better close my account and cancel my UOB card before he fucks everything up again.

IMG_9034.png