• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wong Ching Yong demands answers after abortive landing at KLIA Terminal 2

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shaken flight passenger demands answers after abortive landing at KLIA Terminal 2​

BY PETER BOON ON FEBRUARY 28, 2023, TUESDAY AT 12:46 PMSARAWAK

Sbw-bp240721-jm-supp-p1.jpeg

Wong Ching Yong

https://www.theborneopost.com/2023/02/28/sh...lia-terminal-2/

Shaken flight passenger demands answers after abortive landing at KLIA Terminal

SIBU (Feb 28): A frequent traveller Wong Ching Yong has demanded an explanation from MYAirline and KLIA Terminal 2 control tower after the pilot of his flight from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur had to abort the landing moments before touching down
Wong, who travels from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur at least once a month, also called on Transport Minister Anthony Loke to investigate this incident.

“I was in this flight today (yesterday). This was the first time I flew to Kuala Lumpur via MYAirline. The flight number was Z98202. It took off Sibu Airport at 3.35pm, which was 10 minutes behind schedule.

“The journey was smooth and the weather enroute was fine. The plane was scheduled to touch down at 5.10pm and started to descend into Kuala Lumpur at 4.30pm. By 5pm, I looked out the window and could see the trees and grass field below.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The captain reminded the crew to be seated and prepared for the landing. At that juncture, the sound of the engines suddenly roared very loudly and we could feel that the plane was pulling up at a steep angle.

“Many passengers were screaming at this sudden turn of events. The plane was climbing up whilst the sound of the engines was unbearably loud. The passengers sitting beside me were very stressful. I was stressed up too,” he said.

Wong, who is the deputy chairman of Sibu Rural District Council (SRDC) and chartered accountant, added that moments later, the flight captain announced that he had to abort the landing because there was an aircraft on the runway.

He pointed out that it was a shocking revelation by the captain who also apologised and informed the passengers that the plane would land 10 minutes later.

“This time, the plane landed at KLIA Terminal 2 without a hitch. The passengers complained to each other on the way out of the plane, as they were very angry and so was I.”

Admitting that this was the first time that he had undergone such a traumatic experience, Wong said the public especially the passengers deserve an honest reply and explanation from the authorities.

“MYAirline and the control tower of KLIA need to explain to the public who is in the wrong, MYAirlines or the control tower of KLIA Terminal 2.

“What causes this sort of abortive landing which could be fatal to the passengers on board? Is it human or technical error or adverse weather conditions or other unknown factors?

“What was the distance between the plane on the runway and today’s plane that is flight Z98202 approaching to land when the captain decided to abort the landing? Who alerted the pilot? Was it the control tower or the plane’s automatic alert system or the pilot himself saw another plane on the runway?

“How frequent does this similar incident occur in KLIA airport and what steps would MYAirline and the control tower take to ensure that such incident would never occur again?”

Meanwhile, Transport Minister Anthony Loke when contacted by The Borneo Post, said the matter will be investigated by the authority concerned.

“CAAM (Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia) will investigate,” said Loke in a brief reply via WhatsApp.

The Borneo Post is still waiting for a response from MYAirline.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This lancheow claim to be frequent flyer and never experience this before? Then he wet his panties when he got it for the first time? Uncle ever in a 737 when smoke was in the passenger cabin. Never a good thing when the pilot opens his door in the middle of the flight and walks up and down the aisle trying to detect the source of the smoke. Then finally have to turn the plane round to land at the nearest airport. That one is 10 times more scary then an aborted landing. Should send this mofo for NS and toughen him up a bit

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aborted landing is normal procedure either due to obstruction on runway or strong wind or many other factors.
Mine was due to plane malfunction. I think the flaps was not working and plane had to go around and land taking into account malfunctioned flaps.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shaken flight passenger demands answers after abortive landing at KLIA Terminal 2​

BY PETER BOON ON FEBRUARY 28, 2023, TUESDAY AT 12:46 PMSARAWAK

Sbw-bp240721-jm-supp-p1.jpeg

Wong Ching Yong

https://www.theborneopost.com/2023/02/28/sh...lia-terminal-2/

Shaken flight passenger demands answers after abortive landing at KLIA Terminal

SIBU (Feb 28): A frequent traveller Wong Ching Yong has demanded an explanation from MYAirline and KLIA Terminal 2 control tower after the pilot of his flight from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur had to abort the landing moments before touching down
Wong, who travels from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur at least once a month, also called on Transport Minister Anthony Loke to investigate this incident.

“I was in this flight today (yesterday). This was the first time I flew to Kuala Lumpur via MYAirline. The flight number was Z98202. It took off Sibu Airport at 3.35pm, which was 10 minutes behind schedule.

“The journey was smooth and the weather enroute was fine. The plane was scheduled to touch down at 5.10pm and started to descend into Kuala Lumpur at 4.30pm. By 5pm, I looked out the window and could see the trees and grass field below.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The captain reminded the crew to be seated and prepared for the landing. At that juncture, the sound of the engines suddenly roared very loudly and we could feel that the plane was pulling up at a steep angle.

“Many passengers were screaming at this sudden turn of events. The plane was climbing up whilst the sound of the engines was unbearably loud. The passengers sitting beside me were very stressful. I was stressed up too,” he said.

Wong, who is the deputy chairman of Sibu Rural District Council (SRDC) and chartered accountant, added that moments later, the flight captain announced that he had to abort the landing because there was an aircraft on the runway.

He pointed out that it was a shocking revelation by the captain who also apologised and informed the passengers that the plane would land 10 minutes later.

“This time, the plane landed at KLIA Terminal 2 without a hitch. The passengers complained to each other on the way out of the plane, as they were very angry and so was I.”

Admitting that this was the first time that he had undergone such a traumatic experience, Wong said the public especially the passengers deserve an honest reply and explanation from the authorities.

“MYAirline and the control tower of KLIA need to explain to the public who is in the wrong, MYAirlines or the control tower of KLIA Terminal 2.

“What causes this sort of abortive landing which could be fatal to the passengers on board? Is it human or technical error or adverse weather conditions or other unknown factors?

“What was the distance between the plane on the runway and today’s plane that is flight Z98202 approaching to land when the captain decided to abort the landing? Who alerted the pilot? Was it the control tower or the plane’s automatic alert system or the pilot himself saw another plane on the runway?

“How frequent does this similar incident occur in KLIA airport and what steps would MYAirline and the control tower take to ensure that such incident would never occur again?”

Meanwhile, Transport Minister Anthony Loke when contacted by The Borneo Post, said the matter will be investigated by the authority concerned.

“CAAM (Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia) will investigate,” said Loke in a brief reply via WhatsApp.

The Borneo Post is still waiting for a response from MYAirline.

This cb kia only adopts one pose with one expression when taking photo.

Wong-Ching-Yong-e1652515654648.jpeg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The control tower will tell him: You want to get killed in a plane crash or do you want to land safely 10 minutes later?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take train lah. My next train journey will be JB Sentral to Kota Baru - the jungle train.
There used to be a train service between kota baru and golok. Under dr m the trains were neglected and under financed causing the loss of tg pagar station.