• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman's leg caught in Overcrowded MRT platform gap during rush hour

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

............................. /¯/)
............................/..../
........................../..../
........................./..../
......................../..../
......................./..../
...................../..../
..................../..../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

............................. /¯/)
............................/..../
........................../..../
........................./..../
......................../..../
......................./..../
...................../..../
..................../..../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Bro you seem to be expert in tiong-koh, amzing, you really have time to design this

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's be fair, SMRT and most MRTs in the world already gave warning in trains and stations every time before any train stops to be careful of the gap. This should be good enough unless the victim is deaf or blind, this lady don't look like deaf or blind to me.

The woman was pushed from behind. It is nothing to do with the warning that there is a gap. Those rascals who pushed her ought to be punished.

The stations on the North East line also do not give sufficient warning when the door to the train is about to close. I've seen many near misses before. The warning will sound, but the door will close as the warning is sounded, NOT after the warning has been sounded. The timing for the door closing is all screwed up on the NE line.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's be fair, SMRT and most MRTs in the world already gave warning in trains and stations every time before any train stops to be careful of the gap. This should be good enough unless the victim is deaf or blind, this lady don't look like deaf or blind to me.

She never hear that " Please mind the platform GAP", "Please give way to alighting passengers", " No eating or drinking allowed on the Trains & Platforms", " if you see any suspicious person or article, please report to our staff______ or call 999 ( "wun der re, wun der re, wun der re" or "jiu, jiu, jiu" or .....).

She was texting, reading FB, twitter, whatsps whatever on her phone...she never heard or mind the warning "please mind the platform gap"...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I look at it from another angle-inequalities in life and the widening income gap in this place.
If you are rich/upper middle class , you will drive or be driven to work and will not have to face problems like this.

Yet its puzzling that more than 60% vote for the party as I'm sure the car owning population is way less than 60%.
Those who vote for them and yet have to take MRT/buses to work and been sandwiched/squeezed out by Pinoys,PRC;s and Indians(from India) not only in transport but also jobs, schools ect2 have to reflect if they asked for it.

Had they not voted for the Party, will the trains and buses be so crowded and as a result all these accidents happened?
Will SawPH the Malaysian be allowed to screw our train system so badly had there been more Opposition MP's to keep the govt in check?
Why is our rail system now famous for its constant breakdown and yet the person/persons who selected Saw PH for the job not held responsible?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's just too many people in Singapore. Once upon a time you didn't even need barricades during rush hour in certain MRT stations.

The PAP govt has gone barking mad.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This incident only happened in cuntry with reckless immigration policy. You can blame everyone and anything that moves, but the greatest culprit behind all the problems we faced everyday is PAP and THAT IS FACT!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The woman was pushed from behind. It is nothing to do with the warning that there is a gap. Those rascals who pushed her ought to be punished.

The stations on the North East line also do not give sufficient warning when the door to the train is about to close. I've seen many near misses before. The warning will sound, but the door will close as the warning is sounded, NOT after the warning has been sounded. The timing for the door closing is all screwed up on the NE line.

I bet those who pushed her were anxious to get out before the doors closed.
I've taken the NE line during the peak hours & I had to wait for the people to exit, but before I could get in the doors closed in front of me. That's the problem with having an automatic system. It's too dumb to adjust to a crowded environment.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's just too many people in Singapore. Once upon a time you didn't even need barricades during rush hour in certain MRT stations.

The PAP govt has gone barking mad.
the barricades just an excuse for some MIW linked contractor to make money....
I wonder what thing they will come up with next to prevent such accidents....

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng quotes the station announcement: "Please mind the platform gap!" :biggrin: maybe they should rephrase the statement? what do you mean by "Please mind..." how about "Watch out for the platform gap!"?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
photo5jpg1339292762246-data.jpg

lianbeng noted: the victim's black skirt so short sure upskirt zaogeng liao lor! the other 2 red top n black top ladies also possible downblouse zaogeng liao! :biggrin: that red top lady covered the victim's nose and mouth how to breathe?

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Team is in fashion wait I start new team come mass rape you then you know.

My boss already said , team and clone sharing going to be the the next big thing in Sammyboy :wink: now you believe already ? My boss is a leader not a follower !! :wink: