• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman in coma after falling onboard SMRT bus

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng says, "that woman's family should sue SMRT every cent."

hi there

1. name sounds like some ah tiong!
2. if so, they will sue till the cows come home leh.
3. way to milk sheep here.
4. after all, ft have special privileges and protected mah.

jw5

Loyal
hi there

1. name sounds like some ah tiong!
2. if so, they will sue till the cows come home leh.
3. way to milk sheep here.
4. after all, ft have special privileges and protected mah.

hi there

1. definitely ah tiong
2. heard the daughter's phone interview on CNA.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I'm beginning to feel sorry for SMRT.. just look at her sad sad face :(

9044d3da3b6ea02ac17681737ff92684_330.jpg

Donkey's ass looks better then this piece of shit face. :oIo:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT suspends bus driver as coma victim's condition worsens
By Evelyn Choo | Posted: 20 December 2011 2147 hrs
display_image.php
Photos 1 of 1<input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18">

<tbody>
</tbody>
dotline_240.gif

SMRT logo. (Photo by: Hester Tan, channelnewsasia.com)
Related News
shim.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>
shim.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

SINGAPORE: Bus operator SMRT has suspended the driver who was said to have braked abruptly and caused a passenger to fall on Sunday. The victim, 54-year-old Madam Ding Weibo, has since slipped into a coma and her condition has apparently worsened.

Mdm Ding's husband, Mr You Bujia, said: "There are now complications with her lungs, and she has started to develop a fever. Her urinary tract is also infected. Her brain has also started to swell, so that's not good news. When my daughter heard the news, she almost fainted."

Mr You said the doctor has told him to be prepared for the worst.

An SMRT spokesperson said the company has an intensive training programme, of up to one-and-a-half months, to ensure its bus captains or what it calls "Service Leaders" (SLs), are equipped with customer service and safe driving skills.

The spokesperson added: "Trainees will go through a Service Proficiency course which comprises operating technical and safety features on the bus, dealing with demanding passengers and emergencies, and understanding the public transport system such as the fare structure and bus schedules, to name a few.

"In addition, SLs are required to undergo a ten-day on-the-job training to familiarise themselves with their bus routes."

After the first year on the job, they also have to attend a two-day refresher course to learn about advanced safe driving techniques.

SMRT also revealed that the driver involved in this incident has worked in the company for two years.

SMRT has suspended the Singaporean driver from his duties, as investigations continue.

-CNA/ac

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you know that smrt bus drivers are paid approx. $900 per month and no overtime. according to a malay friend who drove for TIBS before SMRT took over, he made about $1200 per month excluding OT. since smrt took over, no ot and pay for bus drivers roughly $900, no local singaporeans want to drive since. hence, smrt employ ah tiong and malaysian drivers. fuck up company! i already sold my smrt shares at $1.82, sibeh heng now is at $1.75. fuck the revenue! i don;t believe this company can make it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you know that smrt bus drivers are paid approx. $900 per month and no overtime. according to a malay friend who drove for TIBS before SMRT took over, he made about $1200 per month excluding OT. since smrt took over, no ot and pay for bus drivers roughly $900, no local singaporeans want to drive since. hence, smrt employ ah tiong and malaysian drivers. fuck up company! i already sold my smrt shares at $1.82, sibeh heng now is at $1.75. fuck the revenue! i don;t believe this company can make it.

You're driving Comfort Delgro taxi. Sell SMRT shares nevermind. :wink:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you know that smrt bus drivers are paid approx. $900 per month and no overtime. according to a malay friend who drove for TIBS before SMRT took over, he made about $1200 per month excluding OT. since smrt took over, no ot and pay for bus drivers roughly $900, no local singaporeans want to drive since. hence, smrt employ ah tiong and malaysian drivers.

I don't blame the locals if they do not want to work as bus drivers with SMRT.. Less than 1k per month, how to survive in Spore especially if you have a wife and kids to support? :confused: :o A fuckin disgrace by SMRT paying peanuts to our local Sporeans.. A driver with a Class 4 license can easily work as a truck driver outside earning more than 2K per month..

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
$900 monthly salary for bus driver? That's real exploitation.....wow! Stupid tiongs also willing to bcome modern day slaves over here...hahaha!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but smrt provide accomodation for the ah tiongs, how about the locals, how can they survive? they have to pay for HDB and expenses. see why so many accidents involving buses nowadays.

$900 monthly salary for bus driver? That's real exploitation.....wow! Stupid tiongs also willing to bcome modern day slaves over here...hahaha!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20111221.160054_ding_weibo.jpg

The SMRT bus driver who was ferrying the passenger when she fell and hit her head has been suspended.

The driver is a Singaporean :rolleyes:who has been an SMRT service leader for about two years.

The incident, which happened on Sunday evening, left Madam Ding Weibo, 54, in a coma.

She and her daughter Ding Xiao Sui, 27, had been on bus number 167 in Orchard Road, when the driver applied his brakes suddenly. The force of the braking caused Madam Ding to fall and hurt her head.

The mother and daughter pair had been heading back home to their Cantonment Close flat.

The Straits Times reported that Madam Ding's husband, Mr You Bu Jia, felt disappointed that SMRT had not contacted him earlier after the accident, as they were unable to find his contact number.

SMRT staff visited Madam Ding at Singapore General Hospital's intensive care unit on Tuesday.

Doctors said Madam Ding's condition had worsened, and her brain swelled despite an emergency operation on Sunday night to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure in her head.