• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Windows 8 - Everything At Once

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only retards use Mac & IOS, go to their support forums where fellow retards give stupid suggestions or suan each other.

I have a mac book pro...honest, it had been bashed so much, it is still up & running. I cannot say for all the machines I have in Windows all these decades...normal life spam 6 mths, starts to falter, past warranty ...you get a DEAD MACHINE..the OS will fail first then the hardware that supports the crappy OS.

Same with all the mobile phones, from Motorola, Erickson to SONY E to Samsung, LG to NOKIA....the only complain I have for the iPhone is that you must have the latest model for the latest IOS, other than that...it is quite stable, other than you do not drop it or..

I am not supporting APPLE, but after switching over, I don't want to see a Windows based machine anymore in any form, the family all have switched over too.... there were apprehension at first for compatibility in office environ etc...well, you have MS Office for Mac etc & for multimedia, a MAC is definitely much more stable & better..

But APPLE products does have its limitation & weakness but overall it is much more stable & better than the SUCKY WINDOWS BASED machines...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bad thing about an iPhone is that it's severely locked down. For example, I can't drag and drop mp3s for custom ringtones, I have to convert to a Apple's ringtone format and the process has to go through iTunes. You also can't sideload apps unless you jailbreak it. You're also stuck with Safari as your browser, though that is still better than being stuck with IE on a Windows phone.

Windows has been quite stable since Windows 7 (even Vista SP2 was quite stable) but Microsoft has screwed up the UI big time with Windows 8. Apple would have merged OSX and iOS long ago if they thought it was a good idea. Microsoft tried to think itself smart and fuse a touch-centric OS with a desktop one, and the result is horrendous.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That in a nutshell is the problem with win8.

The bad thing about an iPhone is that it's severely locked down. For example, I can't drag and drop mp3s for custom ringtones, I have to convert to a Apple's ringtone format and the process has to go through iTunes. You also can't sideload apps unless you jailbreak it. You're also stuck with Safari as your browser, though that is still better than being stuck with IE on a Windows phone.

Windows has been quite stable since Windows 7 (even Vista SP2 was quite stable) but Microsoft has screwed up the UI big time with Windows 8. Apple would have merged OSX and iOS long ago if they thought it was a good idea. Microsoft tried to think itself smart and fuse a touch-centric OS with a desktop one, and the result is horrendous.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
boss, i thought mac is a formidable OS why still need antivirus...:rolleyes::p

there is no difference in mac or windows, my good old windows 7 can do what a mac can offer...

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had no problem using Win 8 on desktop PC with no touchscreen, problem is with people human nature, don't want to change, don't want to learn new thing.

When Apple first release IPhone, people think it will fail cos the touch keypad is not easy to use compare hard keypad, now everywhere you see people on touchscreen smartphone, include those who critic IPhone before.

If you don't want to change, just keep on old system, simple as that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boss, i thought mac is a formidable OS why still need antivirus...:rolleyes::p

there is no difference in mac or windows, my good old windows 7 can do what a mac can offer...

It is used to be, but had became so popular that viruses are getting common.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i first use mac, there isn't a need for antivirus...

besides, i think there are more freeware for windows than mac, more for you to play around with.

It is used to be, but had became so popular that viruses are getting common.