• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you sing for the SDP?

lockeliberal_

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely not me. SDP is indeed shameless to make use of JBJ to increase the turnout.

JBJ was never a SDP member or even a supporter in the first place. Typical Chee style, I would say.

Locke

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come they didn't ask ngejay? don't underestimate him. he is quite musically inclined.

and we thought sdp has a big pool of supporters - obviously not very talented kind:p. very silly they didn't know that there is something called speakers and cd players - karoke version and wireless mic. this jurisdiction should be in the capability of chiatilik.

something's obviously is very wrong and happening in sdp:eek:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely not me. SDP is indeed shameless to make use of JBJ to increase the turnout.

JBJ was never a SDP member or even a supporter in the first place. Typical Chee style, I would say.

Locke

Stop pretending to be lockeliberal

You dont even write like him and neither do you have his intellectual capacity to match, not to mention earning power and the number of zeros he has in his swiss and london bank account.

Want to clone but you are doing a half-fuck job. No wonder you guys are failures and could never attract any real interest and attention.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

hope this answer your curiosity.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAH17Sqw5nA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAH17Sqw5nA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal

Locke

JBJ and CSJ set up the Open Singapore Centre when PAP-funded Low staged the ouster of JBJ from WP.

Let's go to Hong Lim Park and expose fascist PAP and its approved running dogs and prostitutes.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if any proof could be provided about the "PAP-funded Low" part.

It's not for nothing that Low is "paid" close to $250,000 a year by the fascist PAP. Now, we have in WP, leaders claiming to contest against the prime minister but voting for the very PAP in the sham elections; rating LKY's kangaroo judiciary world class when even the IBA condemns it.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not for nothing that Low is "paid" close to $250,000 a year by the fascist PAP.

Can it be ascertained that this "$250,000" comes from the PAP funds? Although I am aware that the PAP distinguishes very little between "party" and "government" but personally, I don't desire to follow suit.

Now, we have in WP, leaders claiming to contest against the prime minister but voting for the very PAP in the sham elections

One who is an opposition candidate may also be a voter. In Singapore's context, the PAP is everywhere but not necessarily the party of that opposition candidate.

I feel that as long as it does not involve the opposition candidate's party, he is free to vote for anyone he wants. To me, like it or not, no one can assume that opposition parties are "friends" just because the PAP is dominant.

rating LKY's kangaroo judiciary world class when even the IBA condemns it.

Apologies but I have not encountered a happening of this nature anywhere on the internet.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can it be ascertained that this "$250,000" comes from the PAP funds? Although I am aware that the PAP distinguishes very little between "party" and "government" but personally, I don't desire to follow suit.

One who is an opposition candidate may also be a voter. In Singapore's context, the PAP is everywhere but not necessarily the party of that opposition candidate.

I feel that as long as it does not involve the opposition candidate's party, he is free to vote for anyone he wants. To me, like it or not, no one can assume that opposition parties are "friends" just because the PAP is dominant.

Apologies but I have not encountered a happening of this nature anywhere on the internet.

LKY is in power for close to half a century. He himself has admitted that every institution of government has been brought under to serve the interests of his regime. The puppet parliament with its approved opposition as decorative vases is no exception. LKY's incompetent son LHL sitting as PM is also no exception.

LKY and his daughter-in-law control our reserves without accountability and transparency. The kangaroo judiciary and the 154th ranked media remain castrated.

There is no independent elections commission but only a department taking orders from LKY and his son that conducts elections to "fix" the opposition and "engineer" election results. Only PAP-approved opposition is allowed to pass through LKY, the gatekeeper of puppet parliament.

The IBA questioned Singapore's judiciary in a lengthy report but the PAP-funded and approved WP holds LKY's kangaroo judiciary in high esteem.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is in power for close to half a century. He himself has admitted that every institution of government has been brought under to serve the interests of his regime. The puppet parliament with its approved opposition as decorative vases is no exception. LKY's incompetent son LHL sitting as PM is also no exception.

I am afraid to say this, again, are many "generalising" statements without substantiation. I hate to defend LKY but even then, I do not recall him ever saying that "every institution of government has been brought under to serve the interests of my regime" or the likes.

LKY and his daughter-in-law control our reserves without accountability and transparency. The kangaroo judiciary and the 154th ranked media remain castrated.

Can't disagree with that.

There is no independent elections commission but only a department taking orders from LKY and his son that conducts elections to "fix" the opposition and "engineer" election results. Only PAP-approved opposition is allowed to pass through LKY, the gatekeeper of puppet parliament.

I guess if you believe that the votes are rigged, ballot-stuffed or whatever may be, that is where we differ and our opinions irreconcilable. I respect that. The only mystery is that Mr JBJ, one of your "idols" ironically, shares my beliefs - that elections are still winnable, albeit made difficult by some of the "obstructions" you have raised.

The IBA questioned Singapore's judiciary in a lengthy report but the PAP-funded and approved WP holds LKY's kangaroo judiciary in high esteem.

This would be my 2nd asking but I wonder if there is any evidence that the WP "held the courts in high esteem" or the likes.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am afraid to say this, again, are many "generalising" statements without substantiation. I hate to defend LKY but even then, I do not recall him ever saying that "every institution of government has been brought under to serve the interests of my regime" or the likes.

Can't disagree with that.

I guess if you believe that the votes are rigged, ballot-stuffed or whatever may be, that is where we differ and our opinions irreconcilable. I respect that. The only mystery is that Mr JBJ, one of your "idols" ironically, shares my beliefs - that elections are still winnable, albeit made difficult by some of the "obstructions" you have raised.

This would be my 2nd asking but I wonder if there is any evidence that the WP "held the courts in high esteem" or the likes.

There's no generalization. Even the People's Association, a statutory body funded by the taxpayers, is in total control of LKY's PAP and off limit for the opposition, even to those so-called elected opposition MPs. SPH is headed by a former deputy prime minister and staffed by ISD operatives to make sure that only PAP propaganda reaches the people.

Why must a department, coming under the PMO, hold the GE? Why can't we have an independent elections commission? Is this too much to ask?

The point is why must elections be "made difficult"? Even JBJ, after winning the Anson seat with increased majority for the second time, was thrown out of parliament thru a "series of mistrials" in LKY's kangaroo courts. The puppet parliament only accommodates PAP-funded and approved charlatans and fakes masquerading as opposition and getting "paid" close to $250,000 a year.

It was at the IBA meeting last year in Singapore, a WP leader lauded LKY's judiciary as world class. Later, in a lengthy report the IBA lambasted Singapore's judiciary. All these are well documented. A simple google will show this.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no generalization. Even the People's Association, a statutory body funded by the taxpayers, is in total control of LKY's PAP and off limit for the opposition, even to those so-called elected opposition MPs. SPH is headed by a former deputy prime minister and staffed by ISD operatives to make sure that only PAP propaganda reaches the people.

I think the points that I had referred to as "generalisation" has shifted away, from whether opposition is paid by PAP funds to LKY's non-existent quote to something on PAP's control. Albeit this "shifting", I haven't found the responses I had hoped for, if I may.

Truly, I was hoping to be converted from one point of opposition to another and that failed to manifest.

Why must a department, coming under the PMO, hold the GE? Why can't we have an independent elections commission? Is this too much to ask?

That, I do not dispute.

The point is why must elections be "made difficult"? Even JBJ, after winning the Anson seat with increased majority for the second time, was thrown out of parliament thru a "series of mistrials" in LKY's kangaroo courts. The puppet parliament only accommodates PAP-funded and approved charlatans and fakes masquerading as opposition and getting "paid" close to $250,000 a year.

I believe there is no need for me to ask the same questions again. The only new point was that JBJ was "thrown out" of Anson. This is known by everyone but in terms of "paid" (which I do not know why inverted commas are now added), Mr JBJ also had received MP allowance and I do not recall any opposition candidate denouncing or giving up the allowance if they are elected or were elected.

I would like to add that government money is taxpayers' money and am glad to learn that I am in a way helping to fund opposition MPs by elected more of them.

To carry it to the extreme, I would skip my income taxes, drive through ERP without cashcards and refuse to pay fines thereafter if I think everything is defined as "PAP money".

It was at the IBA meeting last year in Singapore, a WP leader lauded LKY's judiciary as world class. Later, in a lengthy report the IBA lambasted Singapore's judiciary. All these are well documented. A simple google will show this.

Perhaps I am poor at googling, for in the 3rd attempt for answers, the only google results showed a comment in a blog, which said the same thing without any links to sources.

http://nofearsingapore.blogspot.com/2008/07/questions-for-workers-party.html

I think this discussion is going nowhere but anyway, thank you for your time and effort in responding.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but I gotta to take issue with you on this one Bro. Yaw Shin Leong was publicly canvassing the electorate to vote for him/WP against the PAPs while at the sametime publicly endorsing PAP Teo Ho Pin with his vote, thereby implicitly endorsing PAP at the sametime. Approbate and reprobate at the sametime:rolleyes:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but I gotta to take issue with you on this one Bro. Yaw Shin Leong was publicly canvassing the electorate to vote for him/WP against the PAPs while at the sametime publicly endorsing PAP Teo Ho Pin with his vote, thereby implicitly endorsing PAP at the sametime. Approbate and reprobate at the sametime:rolleyes:

On the surface, it can be seen in that "ironical" or "oxymoron" way.

However, as I had expressed, the only reason for the occurrence was the PAP's dominance. Another issue is that opposition parties cannot be assumed to be friends.

Say, a SDA candidate can perceive the WP candidate in his ward is less vote-worthy than the PAP, if both parties contested the ward he was living in. I believe the pro-SDP handle "Yellow_people" expressed the same view (that he would vote the PAP or spoil his vote if the WP came). That argument is fine with me.

For example, I would not vote PKMS if it comes to my ward. Not that I have something against Malay candidates but I have an issue with race-based parties. I wouldn't even vote for a "Singapore Chinese Party" if it comes to my ward to contest against the PAP.

If I didn't recall wrongly, the SDP nearly wanted to get into a 3-corner fight with the WP in both Sembawang GRC and Nee Soon Central. Had this happened, 7 of YSL's comrades are no longer "fighting" only the PAP but are actually "fighting" both the PAP and the SDP. Does this automatically give YSL the "right" to vote for the PAP? Now, why would that be the case?

I would think YSL's real gaffes were the justifications of why he voted PAP + when he said he would vote against his own party's candidates. As the latter did not manifest, I take it as a young man who spoke without thinking and hope he matures over time. Several opposition leaders were guilty of gaffes, IMHO, when they first entered politics. Perhaps the weakness in grooming and acumen but all is not lost.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the points that I had referred to as "generalisation" has shifted away, from whether opposition is paid by PAP funds to LKY's non-existent quote to something on PAP's control. Albeit this "shifting", I haven't found the responses I had hoped for, if I may.

Truly, I was hoping to be converted from one point of opposition to another and that failed to manifest.

That, I do not dispute.

I believe there is no need for me to ask the same questions again. The only new point was that JBJ was "thrown out" of Anson. This is known by everyone but in terms of "paid" (which I do not know why inverted commas are now added), Mr JBJ also had received MP allowance and I do not recall any opposition candidate denouncing or giving up the allowance if they are elected or were elected.

I would like to add that government money is taxpayers' money and am glad to learn that I am in a way helping to fund opposition MPs by elected more of them.

To carry it to the extreme, I would skip my income taxes, drive through ERP without cashcards and refuse to pay fines thereafter if I think everything is defined as "PAP money".

Perhaps I am poor at googling, for in the 3rd attempt for answers, the only google results showed a comment in a blog, which said the same thing without any links to sources.

http://nofearsingapore.blogspot.com/2008/07/questions-for-workers-party.html

I think this discussion is going nowhere but anyway, thank you for your time and effort in responding.

Nothing has "shifted". The PA which runs the community centres/clubs is off limit to the opposition. The "media" is off limit to the opposition. So are the judiciary, the parliament, etc. This could only happen in a dictatorship headed by a person who is intolerant of any dissent.

JBJ had to be thrown out of the puppet parliament despite people voting him in for the second time because the opposition MP should not be allowed to complete his term, thus qualifying for pension. Life-long pension is only assured to PAP-funded and approved clowns and baboons.

How to "elect" more opposition when the electoral process is under the jackboot of the dictator who is prepared to use "bulldozers" to flatten even the slightest opposition to his family-controlled, opaque government institutions?