• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Property price drop along NS MRT line?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can wait for PM's initiated inquiry for another year or so.Actually PM was saving himself....by buying time.I am sure SMRT also knew where the problem really lies.That the infrastructures along NS line had busted.The reason is simple ,this line carries the most passengers and most affected by foreigners flooding Singapore;particularly in Jurong MRT stations,So PAP fixed the symptoms with panadol prescriptions....the symptoms disappeared but the sickness flared.If PAP keeps on treating only the symptoms;next time the tracks may fall off and the MRT train might actually could go off track and plunge right unto our roads.

Now,a good comparison why only the NS MRT line is diseased is to look at the MRT EW line.Both are equally old.The only difference is that a lot more foreigners,whether PR,work-permit-holder or otherwise,lives along the NS MRT line.Hence the question.Since the NS MRT line is now diseased and only a major surgery will rejuvenate it .Will the property prices along NS MRT line drop,drop and drop?......because a major repair is gonna cost billions and years.

See,the cost of flooding Singapore really cost you much more than you think.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah, but we will soon see more sexy sweaty office ladies coming into office becoz of bus taxi taking. u want dat ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Years back when I picked my home, I used the mantra "location, location,...location" because I knew I had to rely on public transport.

This mantra is still true today especially with crowded buses & a broken SMRT:rolleyes: Living close to the city means less travelling time & even if I have to stand it's bearable:smile:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years back when I picked my home, I used the mantra "location, location,...location" because I knew I had to rely on public transport.

This mantra is still true today especially with crowded buses & a broken SMRT:rolleyes: Living close to the city means less travelling time & even if I have to stand it's bearable:smile:

Don't be too happy.All prime properties in city will be forcefully acquired by land authority.Don't believe?Just look around the city for all the HDB blocks built 20 yrs ago.No more.Even the most expensive HDB @Duxton was just a 3 rm rental blocks before.None of the previous occupiers can afford it anymore.PAP will never let you win in property since they control 80% of it.

I recall my uncle lamenting his entire rubber estate of a few hundred acres was acquired for a princely sum of $1 by PAP.Today the value runs to billions.The other tool PAP uses is to declare your property as a heritage building.Than it becomes practically theirs not yours.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be too happy.All prime properties in city will be forcefully acquired by land authority.Don't believe?Just look around the city for all the HDB blocks built 20 yrs ago.No more.Even the most expensive HDB @Duxton was just a 3 rm rental blocks before.None of the previous occupiers can afford it anymore.PAP will never let you win in property since they control 80% of it.

I recall my uncle lamenting his entire rubber estate of a few hundred acres was acquired for a princely sum of $1 by PAP.Today the value runs to billions.The other tool PAP uses is to declare your property as a heritage building.Than it becomes practically theirs not yours.

That's why I keep telling all those deluded Sinkies: your flat struck the en bloc jackpot? Prices kept rising and rising? Estate got upgraded? New mall, new MRT station in the vicinity?

Memorize this by heart:
If you don't own the land, you don't own shit.

'Home ownership' in Singapore is by and large an oxymoron.

You are just a leasee. All you can do is hope and pray for a roof over your head, and that the authorities don't take it away by invoking the Land Acquisition Act, or build a road over the piece of land your block is built on (i.e. Rochor Centre).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be too happy.All prime properties in city will be forcefully acquired by land authority.Don't believe?Just look around the city for all the HDB blocks built 20 yrs ago....

That's why I don't believe in buying HDB :smile:

I see many people wasting their money buying cars, branded goods, membership in country clubs, etc. My priority was to save my $$ & buy a condo instead. Would have liked to buy pte property but it's just too expensive.:(

My plan is to leave Spore. Then maybe I might be able to get pte property:confused:

What's important is that people should live within their means & above all save $ to invest when they are young.

melissamarietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are so rite, the property prices are just going to increase tremendously in Singapore as there are lots of foreigners acquiring the places. But people who have enough investments shouldn’t wait and purchase the property as soon as possible; whether it being for stay or investments.