• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wifi in Genting Highlands

fictionman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need help...I know there are free Wifi in Genting Highlands e.g Starbucks...But do I need to register in Malaysia (like wat we do in Spore) to get the access to Wifi????...I'm not very IT savvy that's why I need info here...Thanks in advance...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y dun u go ask starbucks? ... :confused:

me never use b4 ... got 1 time, passed by a mcdonald's in msia ... itchy finger tried ze wifi ... saw ze page asking 4 a password ... tink u have 2 buy sumting from dem, den dey gif u wif their password 2 access ...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Need help...I know there are free Wifi in Genting Highlands e.g Starbucks...But do I need to register in Malaysia (like wat we do in Spore) to get the access to Wifi????...I'm not very IT savvy that's why I need info here...Thanks in advance...

If you are staying in Brinchang, Strawberry Park Resort the wifi doesn't work at all & you have to pay, wifi in Brinchang is not that good, maybe due to the height from sea level. Have not tried equatorial.

There is a Starbucks at Tanah Rata, they offer free wifi & Rosetta a quaint little cafe that sells yummy food from steamboat to wetstern to Japanese to Cantonese...a must try, that cafe offers free wifi. http://tanah-rata.blogspot.com/

So far, my luck with wifi at Brinchang wasn't that good & did not have much time to relax at Starbucks at Tanah Rata, but ate at Rosetta & wander around Tanah Rata.

The next trip I will test my Celcom mobile broadband see if it works in the highlands ( i have subscription to Celcom M broadband) and explore lakeside & then ringlet.

There are commercial banks at Tanah Rata, where if you run out of cash, you can use their ATM's that supports MBPS, plus & any SINgapore banks ATM cards withdraw in RINGGIT. There is also a post office next to Starbucks...

Go try the wifi & post your results here, for the many times I went up to Brinchang the hotel wifi is out of order due to the weather. I only paid to use the hotel broadband which incidentally crawls..

Good luck...& remember Cameron Highlands is not at sea level....:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y dun u go ask starbucks? ... :confused:

me never use b4 ... got 1 time, passed by a mcdonald's in msia ... itchy finger tried ze wifi ... saw ze page asking 4 a password ... tink u have 2 buy sumting from dem, den dey gif u wif their password 2 access ...

Ze passwod...you must be accessing some wrong wifi....

GORG1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are staying in Brinchang, Strawberry Park Resort the wifi doesn't work at all & you have to pay, wifi in Brinchang is not that good, maybe due to the height from sea level. Have not tried equatorial.

There is a Starbucks at Tanah Rata, they offer free wifi & Rosetta a quaint little cafe that sells yummy food from steamboat to wetstern to Japanese to Cantonese...a must try, that cafe offers free wifi. http://tanah-rata.blogspot.com/

So far, my luck with wifi at Brinchang wasn't that good & did not have much time to relax at Starbucks at Tanah Rata, but ate at Rosetta & wander around Tanah Rata.

The next trip I will test my Celcom mobile broadband see if it works in the highlands ( i have subscription to Celcom M broadband) and explore lakeside & then ringlet.

There are commercial banks at Tanah Rata, where if you run out of cash, you can use their ATM's that supports MBPS, plus & any SINgapore banks ATM cards withdraw in RINGGIT. There is also a post office next to Starbucks...

Go try the wifi & post your results here, for the many times I went up to Brinchang the hotel wifi is out of order due to the weather. I only paid to use the hotel broadband which incidentally crawls..

Good luck...& remember Cameron Highlands is not at sea level....:biggrin:

ppl asks about genting u tok cameron highlands:confused::confused:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Free wifi at Starbucks, Old town coffee, and Coffee Bean. Just detect the connection using your device, and surf. No need for password.