• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wife fears for kids’ safety as husband is in debt

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday January 16, 2011

Wife fears for kids’ safety as husband is RM4mil in debt

By NELSON BENJAMIN
[email protected]

JOHOR BARU: A 29-year-old housewife is worried for the safety of her three children after her husband accumulated loan shark debts totalling a whopping RM4mil.

Lee Mei Yeng said her ordeal started almost a year ago when her husband had an affair with another woman.

“I forgave him then because we have been married for 10 years. He was nice for some time until I found out that he had started seeing her again.

“When I confronted him several months ago, he decided to move out. I have not spoken to him since,” she said, adding that they usually communicated via SMS.

Lee said her husband recently stopped providing money for her children’s expenses. The RM4mil, she added, was accumulated from gambling debts and expenses on his mistress.

“I tried contacting him but I could not,” said Lee, adding that she was shocked when nine men turned up at her home in Taman Johor Jaya early this month to look for her husband.

“I wasn’t in at that time but they told my parents that they were looking for my husband because he owed them money.

“My parents told the men that I do not know where he is as I have not seen him for months.

Even his car workshop is closed and I have not been able to contact him,” she said, adding that she subsequently lodged a police report.

“I am now worried for the safety of my family,” said Lee, who has three children aged between four and eight years.

MCA Pasir Gudang public complaints bureau chairman Tey Kim Chai urged the husband to contact him as he would help discuss the matter with the loan sharks.

A police official confirmed that a report had been lodged and investigations were underway.