• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WICKED the musical

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
should have listen to my advice and stick to westend- no money no time say lah.

djmikan

WICKED Asia Tour- SINGAPORE

I flew to Singapore and watched WICKED last week !!So damn lucky I can watch it in December and now my 2011 ends happily!!!!!! Though the ticket is a bit expensive (about USD130) but it is totally worth.

Before the trip I did surf on the internet about the comments of Australia Company, some people did mention don’t waste money going to Singapore, save up the money and go to see WICKED in West End instead. But then when I saw the clip on Youtube showing Jemma Rix singing Defying Gravity, I was having goosebump, and immediately me and my brother decided to go to buy the tickets and go to Singapore, just for WICKED!

I once watched WICKED in New York and fell in love at once with Elphaba (Nicole Parker) and G(a)linda (Ally Mauzey). WICKED was not on my must-see list but by luck I won the lottery tickets and got a chance to see this! Since I was sitting on the first row I can see everything clear on stage but miss the whole view for a stage, so it is kinda difficult for me to notice the whole stage. I got a seat on row P in WICKED Singapore this time so I can see the whole stage now!

For WICKED in Singapore it is Australian Company with Suzie Mathers and Jemma Rix, and what I can say is…

JEMMA RIX TOTALLY ROCKS!!

I had goose bump when I heard Jemma sing Defying Gravity, and since I had waited to see WICKED for so long, I even cried, sounds a bit unbelieving but it’s true. Not only me my brother did cry too! Suzie and Jemma made a really good pair, their version of Glinda and Elphaba is not the same as the version of Broadway cast, with some more personal style added. I think Suzie made Glinda even more cute, I like how she sang “Popular”. And for Elphaba, Jemma’s expression is more exaggerated then Nicole but this is just right on stage, and make the Elphaba more believing (p.s. Singing No good deed)

However I am disappointed by the actor of the Wizard as he couldn’t sing good enough and also the pitch was off for Nessarose. Anyway it’s really good and I am so glad I made this trip to Singapore to see it.

Now I am looking forward to see WICKED in Taiwan!! I just hope they can confirm the information as soon as possible so I can book my flight tickets!

I am ready to be Defying Gravity again!!!!

===UPDATES===

Below is the reply I got from the production company regarding to WICKED Taipei ;__; I will wait anyway! Just hope the schedule for the rest of the tour will be confirmed asap.

Thank you for your email. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed WICKED.Unfortunately there are no confirmed plans at this stage for a season in Taipei but please keep checking our websitewww.wickedthemusical.com.au for further tour updates.

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: should have listen to my advice and stick to westend- no money no time say lah.

djmikan you said jemma give you goosebump,
you mean like this

what about this from rachel tucker?

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: should have listen to my advice and stick to westend- no money no time say lah.

wizard of recent westend, his voice so powerful and his singing so good, my feet just tapping along

NXT1000

Alfrescian
Loyal
aafvqnUs.jpg