• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why taxi fare still so high?

Hewlett

Alfrescian
Loyal
The oil and petrol price has dropped but the taxi fares never drop..
There are so many taxi companies competing but the taxi fare never drop..
There are recession going on now but the taxi fare never drop..
The bus and MRT fare has drop a few cents but the taxi fares never drop..

Why there are so many extra charges like peak hour in the morning and evening during the weekdays? I mean if itsmidnight charge i don't mind cos its reasonable. But peak hour? Paid higher to stuck at the jams? Paid higher to move slowly in the jams? Do you think its reasonable?

Now there are so many taxi companies around, but the fares is never down. Isn't this weird? I thought more similar competitors = more competitive rate in prices and services? Instead of prices coming down, it went up :eek:
http://taxisingapore.com/

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
exercise your choice then, don't take the taxis if you find their charges unacceptable.

if you can allow more time for travelling, the public buses and mrt are actually quite ok, imo.

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
from river valley to raffles city (between 5-6pm)

taxi fare - S$5

surcharge nonsense - S$5.50

WTF?~! :oIo:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the Taxi Driver's family no need to pay increased
cost of everything for the last 2 years on top of the
GST?

A Taxi driver's cost of living have also increased too.
While we all lament the lack of minimum wage and the
influx of FTs depressing our wage, can we in the very
same breathe ask the taxi driver to accept less?

Or perhaps we expect the Taxi companies to hire FTs
for a fix wage and reduce the fare?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
try to avoid taking

if can buy your own car, much better

convenient, don't need wait, don't need breathe all the dirty air from earlier passengers, don't need put up with ridiculous attitude

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
This question should be directed to government and the taxi companies. They are the biggest "eater" profitering in this business.

Bear in mind , taxi driver work at disadvantage, only relying daily income, they do not have employment benefits such as paid medical, paid medical leave, annual leave and 13th month (like us), they work hard reasonable living for family (though some taxi driver are well being but not all are the same) and besides they paid income tax too.

I for once unhappy with taxi fare but comes to think about it, they (taxi drver) are not at fault. Most of their income goes to the government and the taxi operators.

Is it fair to blame taxi driver for the fare?

Take taxi if need to, otherwise buy a car instead, else's take public transport.

As a whole, plan your your travelling schedule in advanced. Taxi also not Ferrari or Lambo can take you from East to West less than 5 minutes, lets alone MRT or Express Bus.

Dont vent your anger to taxi driver for our WORLD CLASS FUCK-UP public transport including MRT.

Hewlett

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agreed with most to avoid taking. But i find it totally unfair and ridiculous to have all these surcharges. Not as if paying these extras the taxis can fly at high speed and save our time, but its not the case at peak hours.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agreed with most to avoid taking. But i find it totally unfair and ridiculous to have all these surcharges. Not as if paying these extras the taxis can fly at high speed and save our time, but its not the case at peak hours.

Cars and others dun get stucked? Eventhough they also have to pay ERP and CDB charges.

Want to pay extra and no jam? Please take a heli taxi during peak hours. Guaranteed no jam!

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are influential fat cats lurking in cab cartels who wants to protect their directors' pay at the expense of peasants.