• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why sinkies pronounce "Flour" as .........

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans cant pronounce the 'H' as well

Three = tree
Thor = Tor

there are so many words ,sinkies cant pronounce properly..flour is just the tip of the iceberg...words that immediately come to mind are"purchase",beach,....project and produce(two ways of saying them)..etc..and the fact that singkies pronounce every word in a flat tone with no stresses..practically any word thats more than one syllable
is pronounced wrongly, eg people becomes peeper..aircon becomes acorn

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The_Hypocrite said:
Singaporeans cant pronounce the 'H' as well

Three = tree
Thor = Tor

I believe it has something to do with the Green Movement. You save more energy silencing the "h". No problem with that.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fook Seng said:
I believe it has something to do with the Green Movement. You save more energy silencing the "h". No problem with that.

By the way, we never forget to pronounce the "h" in heir and herb.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because people like limpeh I use that to our advantage, knowing full well that it will scare off the front-line peons like you and get us talking to someone who can make decisions.

Rest be assured though, after we get things done our way, we tok cock with your superiors macham ar kah chee.

never been a customer service staff but i truly despise ppl who kek the accent to appear like they've got clout and forcefully get things done their special way. if u can't talk sense without faking an accent, u can't talk sense.

my other pet peeve is the kek accent while speaking broken english type.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soli soli,,

I salah oreadi,,its not the 'H' Singaporeans cant pronounce..its the 'th' they cant pronounce..

Thor = Tor
Three = Tree

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Americans drop the "h" in herb , Brits keep the "h" . by the way the American pronunciation on this drives me crazy. .... Erb ....yuck

american pronunciation of "iran" drives iranians crazy. i ran for the i ranian border.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do americans or rather in fact all ang mohs i suppose pronounce "karaoke"?

The proper pronounciation is "KA-RA-OKAY" not "CAREY-OKEY"