• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why PAP die die want to increase the poplulation to 7M

birdie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it quite strange why the PAP government is relentlessly pursuing high population growth despite the back fire seen in the last 2 BE. There are some hidden agendas in the implementation if according to the white paper, and the highest possibilities in my opinion are something to do with 1) Domestic debt (returning of CPF), and 2) To remain in power for the PAP.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the CPF is truly a Ponzi scheme as suspected by some, then the only way for a Ponzi scheme to continue is to continue to draw in more members.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it quite strange why the PAP government is relentlessly pursuing high population growth despite the back fire seen in the last 2 BE. There are some hidden agendas in the implementation if according to the white paper, and the highest possibilities in my opinion are something to do with 1) Domestic debt (returning of CPF), and 2) To remain in power for the PAP.

Because if they don't Sinkapore will become a naturalised Islamic country.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the hidden agenda is that our Sillypore gahbrament can no longer sustain economic growth thru import and export via manufacturing.
They have no other solutions except to rely on "consumer spending". More people spend $$$ more GST collected for the gahbrament which
allows them to command sky high million dollar salary and fattening the pockets of all their cronies.

They fuxx care about local S'poreans whether they can survive with or without a job.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just the CPF, the whole Spore economy is a ponzi scheme. If there is no influx of foreigner for the last 10 years, Spore will have become Japan the second..lost decade and a stagnant economy. Japan can still export to survive .. Spore can only sell its property to foreigner, there is nothing else Spore can export competitively to sustain economy! All ponzi scheme need new blood to carry on. The day Spore stop importing foreigner, it will be downward spiral for its property sector and its whole economy.
If the CPF is truly a Ponzi scheme as suspected by some, then the only way for a Ponzi scheme to continue is to continue to draw in more members.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
66434_252062858258986_1167336819_n.jpg

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody ever does one thing for only one reason. The PAPzis are importing almost any Ah Jian, Pundek and Pinoy to fill the ballot boxes to suit their needs. The PAPzis also need to push up GDP so that the cuntry looks good and the mass media can mass-turbate to the masses on the sucksesses of the PAPzis policies. The PAPzis are also very well linked to property development from HDB to private properties. They need to feed their minions and cronies until they explode with too much food in their intestines.

The PAPzis have been on a fight to stay relevant and to do so they have to fight against Singaporeans and push their own agenda. The PAPzis will rather destroy the beauty in Singapore than to allow themselves to be voted out.

The PAPzis are betting that with more influx of new shittizens, they will be able to fight against the votes of true blue Singaporeans. This has already worked in the last GE where if it was not for the hundreds of thousands of new shittizens, the PAPzis would have lost a few more GRCs and SMCs. The PAPzis have as their job, to remain in power and to suck as much from the low and middle income as possible. This is the PAPzi ideology, they will tax the low and middle income until they are bone dry. The PAPzis are elitists, so they will support employers and instill policies that help the rich.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore being an island state, do not have any natural resources. The increase in population to boost the economic situation can only be short lived and in the long run social and demography problems will arise.

How long can Singapore remain independent with so much stress on it's limited resource? Maybe this is the goal of the gov. Only look to short term benefits and ignore long term complication. But why?

LKY talked about this long ago. He had no confidence that Singapore can remain an independent state forever. He envisioned that Singapore will have to rejoin Malaysia in the end. So why not milk it now and return back to Malaysia later? Maybe this is what PAP are doing. To milk now and worry later. If cannot solve, give back to Malaysia. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are willing to make unpopular decisions for the good of singapore.
We do need a bigger population.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are willing to make unpopular decisions for the good of singapore.
We do need a bigger population.

You talking thru your ass again. PAP is well known for screwing things up with their short term planning and long term screw up.

The stop at 2 campaign created the present shortage birth numbers. The education system created many copycats but no genius (hence needing to import FTs). The sudden increase in population but no long term planning to increase facilities to accommodate the increase resulted in stress in the infrastructure hence the no 20/20 foresight, and many more screw up which too long to write.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe one day Singapore will rejoin Malaysia, due to economic necessity. Coming back full circle from 1965.

You can't just keep pumping up the population on a small piece of land without expecting any negative repercussions.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You talking thru your ass again. PAP is well known for screwing things up with their short term planning and long term screw up.

The stop at 2 campaign created the present shortage birth numbers. The education system created many copycats but no genius (hence needing to import FTs). The sudden increase in population but no long term planning to increase facilities to accommodate the increase resulted in stress in the infrastructure hence the no 20/20 foresight, and many more screw up which too long to write.

Stop at two ended in the 70s. So it can't possibly be the problem. We had that campaign and people had many kids, my mom had 7.
If campaigns are so successful, why don't people give birth more since govt have campaign to encourage people to have more kids for the pass 20 years?

You are the real problem bro. Don't blame others.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stop at two ended in the 70s. So it can't possibly be the problem. We had that campaign and people had many kids, my mom had 7.
If campaigns are so successful, why don't people give birth more since govt have campaign to encourage people to have more kids for the pass 20 years?

You are the real problem bro. Don't blame others.

LKY talked about this before. Developed countries will slowly have low birth rate, and he admitted that he brought forward the low birth rate problems and made it more acute with his stop at 2 campaign. Else the gov would still have a lot more time to deal with this future problem. I guess you are so busy sucking his balls you never pay attention?

That's the problem with all these YES-man, cannot see the issue before hand and what's at hand. Just blindly follow without question. Much like a religion.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beyond that "7 million" number

If the PAP is dying a death from a thousand cuts, the White Paper on Population is going to be an axe-blow. It is no wonder the Government held back on its publication before the by-election, not that it helped much anyway. Again, the problem with the White Paper is not in its content, but how it is being communicated across. When people shoot the messenger, it is often not because of the message itself, but because the messenger puts it across badly.

In the era of social media, nobody shares 41 page white papers full of technical jargon and pie-charts. They share sound-bites. Nobody posts status updates on Facebook with logical step-by-step explanations but instead, one –liners that shout at you and get shared virally. And THE sound-bite, the one liner that is going to get shared and get the PAP lambasted is this one:

Population to grow to 7 million.

Or maybe another one: More than half of residents in Singapore in 2030 to be Foreigners.

Nobody will remember anything else...

- http://beyondtheemotive.blogspot.sg/2013/01/7-million-people-and-1-soundbite.html

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Future singapore economic growth, or GDP growth, requires building more infrastructure, like mrt, homes, offices, parks, roads, power stations etc. To justify massive infrastructure building, need more residents to pay for these stuff.

With economic growth, the govt of the day can then accumulate surpluses as well as keeping up with military hardware upgrades. The SWFs will continue to get findings to expand, to help the govt influence regional politics and attract global powers to ally with Singapore.

The above, I think is the basis of wanting ever growing population. With proper planning it can be achieved as there remains large pieces of poorly utilized land, especially the air bases. However, the pap is too stingy to citizens and continue to refuse to properly acknowledge NSmen. Thus the current rejection of population white paper.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY talked about this before. Developed countries will slowly have low birth rate, and he admitted that he brought forward the low birth rate problems and made it more acute with his stop at 2 campaign. Else the gov would still have a lot more time to deal with this future problem. I guess you are so busy sucking his balls you never pay attention?

That's the problem with all these YES-man, cannot see the issue before hand and what's at hand. Just blindly follow without question. Much like a religion.

There you have it, its a worldwide trend, can't blame the govt.
Its time to stop complaining and start having kids.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There you have it, its a worldwide trend, can't blame the govt.
Its time to stop complaining and start having kids.

Don't know if you are blind or really dumb. Notice the words "brought forward and made it acute"? Who brought it forward and made it acute? Come on, use your brain a little. I know it's difficult for you but do try.