• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why not make MRT trains longer ?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do you say it's fake?

dun you know angmo trains are wider than our peesai MRTs? :biggrin:

Last time explaining.
17pfuh.jpg

1st picture, Original pix

2rduc6q.jpg

2nd picture, Photoshopped

Tell me which is more convincing? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Z

Zombie

This will delay trip time by double. DO you want this to happen?

Not so serious lah..
travel time between stations is like 2 mins ave
time taken to board/alight is like 10-15 sec ave (i guess)

then for each station, you need additional
a) boarding/alighting time 10-15 sec, plus
b) time to shift from Section A to B about 5-10 sec..
ie.. around 20% more travel time (for 200% train capacity)

furthermore, both Section A and B need not serve every stations...

eg. In the morning peak hours, Section B serves the whole East to West line, while Section A serves say busiest 14 stations from Bedok onwards up to Red Hill (overall 14 x 25 sec more time)... ie journey from Paris Ris to Joo Koo takes about 1 hour, you would need 6 more mins..

:biggrin:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not just encourage flex hours. Office hours can start between 7 to 10 am. The big GLCs can lead the way. With cellphones and blackberrys workforce can easily stay connected.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not just encourage flex hours. Office hours can start between 7 to 10 am. The big GLCs can lead the way. With cellphones and blackberrys workforce can easily stay connected.

Flexi time. That is a solution which may help a bit.
But over longterm, this overcrowding problem is going to be worse and worse.
Visitor arrivals are sometimes large although seasonal or for attending conventions and meetings etc.
Last week my friend arrived at nite. The airport was full of arriving visitors and the taxi Q was so long, he finally took an MRT train, like many others. The train was packed at 10.30 from Changi, and he had to stand all the way from the airport to city..45 minutes plus.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do you say it's fake?

dun you know angmo trains are wider than our peesai MRTs? :biggrin:

I think you should just forget about it. Frog in well doesn't want to admit mistake, trying to change the subject. We should just leave it be.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious, technical question.

Why don't they make the MRT train longer.?
Instead of 6 units, make it 10 to increase the peak passenger capacity by 70% per train.

Of course, one technical issue would be that the platforms have to be made longer to accommodate the longer trains. But if the 2 font and 2 lead carriages are internally resigned for seating, then people from the rear and front can move easily to the main 6 segment of the train for boarding and de boarding.

Then the train can still stop within its present designated position
of six carriages, without the need to do any mod to the existing platforms.

The other major technical issue would be the increased loading current,, for which the present electrical conductors may not be able to handle. A simple solution would be to have an ON DEMAND onboard small generator ( 2 MW ?), to provide the additional booster power during start up from the station or elsewhere.
Alternatively, increase the present 750 Volt supply to 1000 volts, with appropriate step down mod on each carriage motor. Which is not that difficult or expensive.

These trains can be used during peak hours, and for non peak hours, the normal 6 unit trains can be run.

Any techie here to discuss ?

This question needs no technical knowledge.

If peasant like you need to ask such stupid question, I am gravely concerned about the next and up-coming generation, as to what talents or intelligence they've got to show.

The stations both above ground and underground have been made to accomodate trains of only such height and length.

So you want to start all over again and re-bulid the MRT?

As I said, I am gravely concerned about the next generation of Sinkies.:(

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you should just forget about it. Frog in well doesn't want to admit mistake, trying to change the subject. We should just leave it be.

no need be hypocrite say try to scold ppl indirectly..

wanna say something just say; be a man ok..

Char_Azn : chow chee bye to u:oIo::oIo: fuck you.. KNNB:oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no need be hypocrite say try to scold ppl indirectly..

wanna say something just say; be a man ok..

Char_Azn : chow chee bye to u:oIo::oIo: fuck you.. KNNB:oIo:

Did I piss you off? I'm very sorry if the truth hurts. I'll start being a man when U start being man enough to admit you made a mistake. No one is perfect. There are 3 things you can do when U do something wrong, admit your mistake, keep quiet and disappear, act like and idiot and try to change the subject. U chose the last one.

I think its only the right thing to do to just come out and say you make a mistake when you're wrong. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes too. In fact IIRC, I've apologized several times in this forum alone. I don't see the big deal in admitting it when you are wrong. However I consider it a big deal when pple try to make me look bad when they are wrong. :oIo::oIo:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I piss you off? I'm very sorry if the truth hurts. I'll start being a man when U start being man enough to admit you made a mistake. No one is perfect. There are 3 things you can do when U do something wrong, admit your mistake, keep quiet and disappear, act like and idiot and try to change the subject. U chose the last one.

I think its only the right thing to do to just come out and say you make a mistake when you're wrong. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes too. In fact IIRC, I've apologized several times in this forum alone. I don't see the big deal in admitting it when you are wrong. However I consider it a big deal when pple try to make me look bad when they are wrong. :oIo::oIo:

fuck you :oIo::oIo::oIo:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
This question needs no technical knowledge.

If peasant like you need to ask such stupid question, I am gravely concerned about the next and up-coming generation, as to what talents or intelligence they've got to show.

The stations both above ground and underground have been made to accomodate trains of only such height and length.

So you want to start all over again and re-bulid the MRT?

As I said, I am gravely concerned about the next generation of Sinkies.:(

I have been reading the postings here and though some of them meant well. as in trying to increase space so that many would be able to travel in comfort, many do not realised or have failed to realised the lack of actual land space as well as quantity planning that need to go along when we are talking about rail transportation within a city.

To compare train capacity,we have to look at cities and not countries. Make comparison with cities such as New York, Moscow, Madraid, London, Paris, Tokyo, Hongkong and even Malaysia. Some of these train systems seem to have more space because people there drive more than taking public transports whereas we have examples where driving will be more of a pain ust to get from paoint A to point B.

The pictures here showing bigger trains or those with double decks are not for use within a city as again, space whether underground or elevated would not allow such a train to travel around much. Such trains are usualy meant for between towns or cities and usually is above ground. But execptions like the Eurotunnel could be raised.

Do bear in mind that presently, there are plans for new MRT lines like the Circle Line to divert traveling traffic and lessen the burden for both the East-west Line as well as the North-South Line. The North-east Line was build for such a purpose.

For those who suggest more trains on the tracks, we have to remember that there is only so many trains that could travel without cause any slowdown or worse, bottleneck of trains approaching stations. Those who had travelled to Joo koon or Pasir Ris would know what I mean.

Population growth is unfortunatly something we have to have if not our econmy would not grow fast enough. lets see how fast would the goverment could make the other lines avaliable. The feeling of standoing for half an hour on a moving train is not nice.

Communist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please talk about travel comfort and personal space while travelling on the MRT between now and five years ago! To borrow the Jew's words "Twit"!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Lau!!! Why try to solve problem for LTA.
Improvement or no improvement come Oct every year they will increase the fare.

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
You twit. Then why last time ask people to stop at two?

I have been reading the postings here and though some of them meant well. as in trying to increase space so that many would be able to travel in comfort, many do not realised or have failed to realised the lack of actual land space as well as quantity planning that need to go along when we are talking about rail transportation within a city.

To compare train capacity,we have to look at cities and not countries. Make comparison with cities such as New York, Moscow, Madraid, London, Paris, Tokyo, Hongkong and even Malaysia. Some of these train systems seem to have more space because people there drive more than taking public transports whereas we have examples where driving will be more of a pain ust to get from paoint A to point B.

The pictures here showing bigger trains or those with double decks are not for use within a city as again, space whether underground or elevated would not allow such a train to travel around much. Such trains are usualy meant for between towns or cities and usually is above ground. But execptions like the Eurotunnel could be raised.

Do bear in mind that presently, there are plans for new MRT lines like the Circle Line to divert traveling traffic and lessen the burden for both the East-west Line as well as the North-South Line. The North-east Line was build for such a purpose.

For those who suggest more trains on the tracks, we have to remember that there is only so many trains that could travel without cause any slowdown or worse, bottleneck of trains approaching stations. Those who had travelled to Joo koon or Pasir Ris would know what I mean.

Population growth is unfortunatly something we have to have if not our econmy would not grow fast enough. lets see how fast would the goverment could make the other lines avaliable. The feeling of standoing for half an hour on a moving train is not nice.

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrl5sYmApcI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrl5sYmApcI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the suggestion sounds like
if my pants is too tight
just hang my balls outside... :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first picture in this thread of a double deck train is used in Sydney and underground for inner city travel no different to the MRT. They are using the same tunnels and tracks built decades ago.

Obviously the Govt planners who wrote the blueprint for increasing the pop to 6M did not tell the infrastructure planners doing the MRT. The PIE was first completed in 1980 and as soon it was completed, that same year, construction began immediately for a 3rd lane in each carriageway because again, they did not realise that capacity would increase immediately.

The pictures here showing bigger trains or those with double decks are not for use within a city as again, space whether underground or elevated would not allow such a train to travel around much.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first picture in this thread of a double deck train is used in Sydney and underground for inner city travel no different to the MRT. They are using the same tunnels and tracks built decades ago.

Obviously the Govt planners who wrote the blueprint for increasing the pop to 6M did not tell the infrastructure planners doing the MRT. The PIE was first completed in 1980 and as soon it was completed, that same year, construction began immediately for a 3rd lane in each carriageway because again, they did not realise that capacity would increase immediately.

The Ministers were out playing golf, the Govt planners were in Paris taking cooking classes from Michellin graded cooks and they all left it to the draughtmen to draw out the blue print.

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who's diverting?

Stupid or not, still your master's policy.

How you know open immigration also another of your master's stupid policy?

Stop at two was a stupid policy as the end result is falling birthrate and population decline rsulting in open immigration policy.

Dont divert.....