• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Something else you can also consider is to try apple cider vinegar. Each day mix 2 or more tea spoons with water & drink it. I tried drinking the apple vinegar without the water & although it is doable I wouldn't recommend it:smile:

I swear by this Bragg apple cider to help me control my gout. Take 1/3 cup diluted with 2/3 cup every evening before sleep.

However about a year and a half ago when my Taiwanese partner introduced me their home brewed fruit enzyme I stopped taking the apple cider. Both tasted almost the same and I suspect the Taiwan fruit enzyme is more potent.

Yes it was troublesome to get the Taiwan home brewed fruit enzyme as I have to trouble very nice people to share their home use with me. So lucky found a Buddhist temple in Thailand produce a similar product too so now I get my regular supply from them.

Works wonderfully.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I swear by this Bragg apple cider to help me control my gout. Take 1/3 cup diluted with 2/3 cup every evening before sleep.

However about a year and a half ago when my Taiwanese partner introduced me their home brewed fruit enzyme I stopped taking the apple cider. Both tasted almost the same and I suspect the Taiwan fruit enzyme is more potent.

Yes it was troublesome to get the Taiwan home brewed fruit enzyme as I have to trouble very nice people to share their home use with me. So lucky found a Buddhist temple in Thailand produce a similar product too so now I get my regular supply from them.

Works wonderfully.

The home brewed stuff is probably more potent because it is fresher. In youtube there are videos on how you can make your own apple cider vinegar juice.

I'm actually using the Jarrow Formulas, Omega Nutrition, Apple Cider Vinegar with "Mother" because iHerb doesn't carry the Braggs brand
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formula...-US&w=apple cider vinegar&rc=124&sr=null&ic=5

I have found that it is effective in cleaning my insides. Apple cider vinegar has made me extra regular. So if anyone has problems with constipation they should give Apple cider vinegar a try.

I've read that If you have flu you can add honey to ACV & the drink will help. You can use it to clean your scalp, clean your skin,..

A bottle of ACV goes a long. It is also cheap & it's easy to use/apply out of the bottle. The only con is that it is acidic & in the long run may be bad for the teeth. So it may be a good idea to use a straw.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
came to know an old who lost his tummy after juicing for 6 months.

He drinks organic vege + fruits (no skin) juice for breakfast n lunch.
Eats normal dinner.
He lost so much weight that his wife told me that he looks like a cancer patient....LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Eats normal dinner.
He lost so much weight that his wife told me that he looks like a cancer patient....LOL

People may lose weight if juicing is replacing meals.

One of a good and early sign of juicing is the skin becomes less oily and more brilliant . . . . hokkien will call it more "ang-gay"

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exercise is another matter la. Strengthen you r heart.

for exercise, i think just stick to swimming

Brother, have u ever wondered why running or marathons are more popular in developed countries? Eg, Singapore, Hongkong, New York, London, Boston, etc...... although best runners should be from Africa, or other poorer places?

Then again, do you know that the super-rich also exercise regularly but they will tell you that they swim instead of running? Swimming has minimal impact on your body. Our knees are like car parts subjected to wear & tear. If you still run regularly after the age of 30, I guarantee u that you will need knee replacement surgery within 10-20 years. In all fairness, doctors cannot go around telling the masses about the problem about running, but the informed rich will know.

Try telling your doc about knee problems and you will have either temporary pain relief or surgery. Knee replacement surgery is super common these days but it is risky and involves a lot of blood loss and lengthy recovery period. In addition, this surgery depends on the craftmanship of your doctor and many still ended up with imperfections after the surgery.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
for exercise, i think just stick to swimming

Brother, have u ever wondered why running or marathons are more popular in developed countries? Eg, Singapore, Hongkong, New York, London, Boston, etc...... although best runners should be from Africa, or other poorer places?

Then again, do you know that the super-rich also exercise regularly but they will tell you that they swim instead of running? Swimming has minimal impact on your body. Our knees are like car parts subjected to wear & tear. If you still run regularly after the age of 30, I guarantee u that you will need knee replacement surgery within 10-20 years. In all fairness, doctors cannot go around telling the masses about the problem about running, but the informed rich will know.

Try telling your doc about knee problems and you will have either temporary pain relief or surgery. Knee replacement surgery is super common these days but it is risky and involves a lot of blood loss and lengthy recovery period. In addition, this surgery depends on the craftmanship of your doctor and many still ended up with imperfections after the surgery.

are you swimming in purified water with essential minerals or you swimming in water filled with chemicals such as chlorine and in one time or another you will take a sip or 2 into your body.

i guess running is safer. Knee problem from running is due to running incorrectly.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i guess running is safer. Knee problem from running is due to running incorrectly.

Agreed. Chan Meng Hui by 84 ran 100 marathons. He started running only in his 50s. That means about 3 marathon per year. If running damages his knees he should be in wheelchair by now. There was an interview with a doc on tv a few months ago on longevity. The doc showed x-Rays films of several knees and Chan's knee condition at 84 was the best compared to the others who are much younger.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eats normal dinner.

That sounds like the story of Joe Cross. Just search for "fat sick & nearly dead" He was an Australian who was overweight & had plenty of health problems. He went on a juicing fast for 60 days. His diet was pretty extreme & his story made him famous in the USA. He also has written books on juicing http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...-keywords=joe+cross&sprefix=joe+cross,aps,415

People who have health problems have been using juicing to improve their health. After reading about the Gerson diet I started to juice.
You don't have to go to extremes like Joe Cross. I supplement my daily diet with juicing & maybe that is why in my case I haven't lost any weight:biggrin:

Here is joes story
[video=youtube;JK6PogbLPjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6PogbLPjw[/video]

More about the Gerson Therapy
[video=youtube;g81YR8DR_LA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81YR8DR_LA[/video]

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Benefits extend to sexercise? Cant be bad for your knees (pounding on streets), even you advocate doggie style.
Other benefits of well-being include endorphins (sleep well after) and... happier spouse or partner! :p:biggrin:

the only risk is heart attack for sexercise and the risk is as low as heart attack during swimming n running.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Chan Meng Hui by 84 ran 100 marathons. He started running only in his 50s. That means about 3 marathon per year. If running damages his knees he should be in wheelchair by now. There was an interview with a doc on tv a few months ago on longevity. The doc showed x-Rays films of several knees and Chan's knee condition at 84 was the best compared to the others who are much younger.

Really lah, RUN not lie to you.
Only a small number of cases like the one you shared.
Dr friend told me likewise.

The rest who loved marathons suffered serious wear n tear. Those who got knee replacement are very chiam because this procedure depends on worksmanship of the doctor, can cannot be 100% perfect.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Exactly.. there are people who is age 50 and above doing ironman races too.. It is all about your diet and proper way of exercising. Doctor knows shit about diet, they are trained only in drugs.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really lah, RUN not lie to you.
Only a small number of cases like the one you shared.
Dr friend told me likewise.

The rest who loved marathons suffered serious wear n tear. Those who got knee replacement are very chiam because this procedure depends on worksmanship of the doctor, can cannot be 100% perfect.
My knees started to hurt in my late 40's. Doc said cartilage worn and pain caused by rubbing. He also told me not to run and save my knees for walking. But the pain got worse and worse. Luckily a friend taught me stretching exercise to strengthen knee muscle that pulls the joint apart to prevent rubbing. When pain lessened, I did super slow jogging to further strengthen the muscle and it got better and better. Now I can do a slow jog at about 9 min/km for 5 km and most importantly, without pain.

I think jogging in a correct way to match our age and fitness is important. In another thread Yellowarse advised me not to over stride and to wear shoes with less padding. I realised that that was exactly what I had done by chance as I find jogging with small steps less painful when I first started jogging again. Shoes in the market now also has firmer soles. I think those whose knees got worse from jogging probably did not change their running style to match their age. They might have pushed too hard.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The home brewed stuff is probably more potent because it is fresher. In youtube there are videos on how you can make your own apple cider vinegar juice.

I'm actually using the Jarrow Formulas, Omega Nutrition, Apple Cider Vinegar with "Mother" because iHerb doesn't carry the Braggs brand
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formula...-US&w=apple cider vinegar&rc=124&sr=null&ic=5

I have found that it is effective in cleaning my insides. Apple cider vinegar has made me extra regular. So if anyone has problems with constipation they should give Apple cider vinegar a try.

I've read that If you have flu you can add honey to ACV & the drink will help. You can use it to clean your scalp, clean your skin,..

A bottle of ACV goes a long. It is also cheap & it's easy to use/apply out of the bottle. The only con is that it is acidic & in the long run may be bad for the teeth. So it may be a good idea to use a straw.

I took acv and I got constipation.. But it reduce my bloating.. So I threw the whole bottle away.. I didn't try the brags brand but still have the 'mother' in it.. Shall I get the brags brand and try it again.. At the moment I have some issue with my gut.. Some weird feeling in my gut... After the constipation issue, I took probiotic and the weird feeling comes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I took acv and I got constipation.. But it reduce my bloating.. So I threw the whole bottle away.. I didn't try the brags brand but still have the 'mother' in it.. Shall I get the brags brand and try it again.. At the moment I have some issue with my gut.. Some weird feeling in my gut... After the constipation issue, I took probiotic and the weird feeling comes.

Before you embark on something new why not try the coconut oil one table spoon per day for a week and see what happens? Could work.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

acv is very acidic. you need to either dilute it or add it to your cooking. taken too much and too often, it can destroy your esophageal lining.