• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is racism necessary?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOE should stop grouping Sinkies... In the recent PSLE result, they stated that Indian class did "poorly". Why the need to highlight the race!? Malays poor in Maths, etc?! Top Chinese student?!

Stop classifying the Race and pp will stop labelling them.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an experiment I read some years ago about infant kids showing no distinct signs of discrimination and played with kids of other colours just as they did with their own "kind". These infant kids in the experiment are also at the age whereby they can distinguished colours (a separate experiment).

Spot on.Kids are rarely racist.Racism is an adult hangover.

My experience is similar.My kindergarten going child when asked to describe the teacher said the teacher with a dot on her head---translated an Indian.Nothing about color.Nothing about smelling different.Nothing about accent......and what more, i saw a Japanese kid playing very paly with an Indian kid.Mine was quite chump with an African American.

Ooops,sorry....I had to classify kids on racial basis.Because kids are kids regardless.I fear rubbing shoulders with racists in this forum sort of gets into your skin.:confused:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely right.
In an intermarriage two differently raised people from two different communities with differerent thinking, prejudices, likes and dislikes, become couple united with each other and all that it represents.
Their true love, feelings, care and concern for each other makes that union even stronger. With the passage, whatever prejudices they may have had with that particular community (either wife or husband side) will surely make them realise their folly and bring them closer togather. Their presence at the religious and cultural function of each other will make the unio stronger.
Slowly, their kids appear and this little tots would spend time their growing up years with the paternal as well as the maternal sides. Hence from a tender age, these kids come to learn, respect and treasure the culture of each other (mummy and daddy) and will eventually grow up to love and respect one another. Surely there won't be any prejudices in their minds as they have tasted "the salt from both homes".
When these little kids grow up, they may also follow the foot-steps of their parents and end up with a bride or bridegroom from another community, race and culture.
Now the marriage of their parents bonded two different communities. Their raising as kids by both sides further strengthened that bond. Their ultimate marriage to someone from another community commenced a new chapter for them. When their own children come, it will be another newest chapter.
Thus, this is the best way to overcome rascism in our country. The community and government leaders here should encourage such unions. The people of Singapore should come to accept the sight of couples from different communities walking, hugging and joking togather as a common sight instead of calling them by uncalled-for names.
I am sure those of us who have courted and married different women will fully understand what I mean.

Well ,I beg to differ.It is not all that rosy.....at least not in the context of Singapore.

I had keenly observed intermarriages in Sg and other liberal countries,mostly white Caucasians dominated.

In countries like US what you said mostly applies.Offspring of such marriages takes pride in their parental ethnicity ......at least,they are not ashamed if say one of their parent hailed from the most poverty stricken godforsaken place on this earth.

In Singapore opposite applies.Take our Indian ministers married to Chinese ladies as an example.Almost all their children opt for Mandarin.As if wanting to more Chinese than Chinese.Why?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore opposite applies.Take our Indian ministers married to Chinese ladies as an example.Almost all their children opt for Mandarin.As if wanting to more Chinese than Chinese.Why?

Maybe that is why it is called "Mother-Tongue" and not "Father-Tongue"

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't understand this thread or the TS at all.

What do you mean, Why is racism necessary?

You mean as in Why is racism needed?

Racism is an emotional reaction. It is not a utilitarian thingy, like a hammer is necessary for a nail. In that sense, people dont need racism anymore than people need bias or prejudice.

If at all racism is necessary, it is nec in a sinister form, a Machiavellian approach to politics, where the "need" is adopted by politicians who exploits racism to divide and rule.

The title is a parody.

It could be very well be titled ,'For whom Racism is Necessary?'.

That would be popping the champagne a wee bit early.

The gist is that all racism generated by certain monikers in this forum is actually serving the political goal of PAP.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOE should stop grouping Sinkies... In the recent PSLE result, they stated that Indian class did "poorly". Why the need to highlight the race!? Malays poor in Maths, etc?! Top Chinese student?!

Stop classifying the Race and pp will stop labelling them.

It is all orchestrated.

People are people everywhere.I am certain multiracial ism was thriving very well in early Singapore during Raffles time.People of different races were moving about their business quite peacefully without having to constantly remind them about their race and religion.It was so recorded in the early anecdotal events as witnessed by neutral third party accounts.

But politicians need to divide to rule.And race offers that opportunity.It is as simple as that.

Last edited:

pys83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never in my life been subjected to racism and I was shocked when i got here, I was somehow being told that I am a stinky keling shit, My parents stink, im a drunk and a coward..

I thought you guys were being racist to me. Now i understand what you guys said is true. :( I really am a stinky keling.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is an experiment I read some years ago about infant kids showing no distinct signs of discrimination and played with kids of other colours just as they did with their own "kind". These infant kids in the experiment are also at the age whereby they can distinguished colours (a separate experiment).

Read the Bell Curve by Herrnstein & Murray.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the Bell Curve by Herrnstein & Murray.
Why get airy fairy and academic about racism? Why not take stock of the very home you belong to?I am talking about Workers Party. WP was started by a minority race and went into limbo than another minority race(JBJ) breathed life into it for 20 yrs.Today no minority race worth his salt want to associate with WP.Minority race heavy weights like Jufrie and Gomez fled WP and neither want to touch it with a 10 foot stick.Why? Not to forget LKY spared Low while bankrupting JBJ for merely waving a police report in an election rally.In short LKY wanted Low to head WP not JBJ.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why get airy fairy and academic about racism? Why not take stock of the very home you belong to?I am talking about Workers Party. WP was started by a minority race and went into limbo than another minority race(JBJ) breathed life into it for 20 yrs.Today no minority race worth his salt want to associate with WP.Minority race heavy weights like Jufrie and Gomez fled WP and neither want to touch it with a 10 foot stick.Why? Not to forget LKY spared Low while bankrupting JBJ for merely waving a police report in an election rally.In short LKY wanted Low to head WP not JBJ.

LKY didn't spare LTK. There was nothing to spare. LTK did nothing wrong. What's there to spare? LTK won Aljunied and LKY had nothing else to say.

About waving police report case, I was eyewitness right there from the rally to the court, and was in court too. It was a good legal fight by George Carmen QC to mitigate the damages to minimal. In the heart of everyone who knows what's laws all about, we all know that JBJ and TLH were guilty of defamation. It's classic reverse version Neville Chamberlain waiving the Munich treaty supposedly guaranteeing peace for political gains. He lost the gambit. They lost the gambit. What's there to lament?

You're in a dangerous mentality that opposition must not win or must be prosecuted on some charges in order to be "real" opposition." Winning means allowed to win by LKY. Friend, winning means voted in by the majority, even LKY accepts that.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Bell Curve?For those who are in the dark it's about genetic intelligence by race in US.It puts E.Asians(Japanese)on top.Europeans(including Jews)in the middle and Black Americans and Hispanics in the bottom.This book created a furor because it simply says blacks would still be in the bottom because they are born that way.Now,ever heard of surveys released by PAP that Singaporeans are now earning more than year back?Yup,it's purely statistical ain't it?Likewise this Bell Curve thingy;purely based on statistics too.And we all know "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. The Bell Curve - An Interview with Charlie Rose and Charles Murray . It is interesting to know when Charlie Ross puts Charles Murray on the spot that if intelligence is fixed how far does envoiranment plays a part?For which Murray answers not too much.To which Charlie Ross asketh than what about years of discrimiation which put the Blacks where they are now?Murray is stumped !!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvljvnvBuFU <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvljvnvBuFU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask yourself, must everything Charlie Rose said be right? Even if it's right for you, must it be right in view of others? That's democracy and plurality.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY didn't spare LTK. There was nothing to spare. LTK did nothing wrong. What's there to spare? LTK won Aljunied and LKY had nothing else to say. About waving police report case, I was eyewitness right there from the rally to the court, and was in court too. It was a good legal fight by George Carmen QC to mitigate the damages to minimal. In the heart of everyone who knows what's laws all about, we all know that JBJ and TLH were guilty of defamation. It's classic reverse version Neville Chamberlain waiving the Munich treaty supposedly guaranteeing peace for political gains. He lost the gambit. They lost the gambit. What's there to lament? You're in a dangerous mentality that opposition must not win or must be prosecuted on some charges in order to be "real" opposition." Winning means allowed to win by LKY. Friend, winning means voted in by the majority, even LKY accepts that.
Semi-literates usually falls on pseudo-argument and nothing substantive by coining grandiose inconsequential and irrelevant words as Bell Curve,Neville Chamberlain. and wht not.... which I reckon you know nuts about .Like people of lesser value throwing names to make themselves important. And may I ask how much you know of law let alone defamation law ?It's the exact question put by David Marshall to one Eurasian chap(was actually a lawyers clerk) who created smoke screen that he knew law at his finger tips. Answer this--Are you a lawyer or not?Than we shall all be the judge of whether you know more of law than JBJ-

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yourself, must everything Charlie Rose said be right? Even if it's right for you, must it be right in view of others? That's democracy and plurality.
Hey dumbo,don't you realize you had just put your own foot in your own mouth?Let me simplify for your simple mind.It also follows that everything Murray says above Bell curve even if it's right for you must it be right in view of others? Same same for your law thingy with regards to JBJ.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excuse me, I cited the Bell Curve in the course of discussion. Since when have I agreed with it?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excuse me, I cited the Bell Curve in the course of discussion. Since when have I agreed with it?
Oh boy,isn't he painting himself into a corner?...Pls lah,don't embarrass yourself.Stupidity is not punishable by any penal code.For those who are in the dark,you don't cite things in an argument for nothing.You are either for it or against it.It's that simple.....legally speaking consent can also be implied.Let see how our half baked lawyer gets out of this one ....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh boy,isn't he painting himself into a corner?...Pls lah,don't embarrass yourself.Stupidity is not punishable by any penal code.For those who are in the dark,you don't cite things in an argument for nothing.You are either for it or against it.It's that simple.....legally speaking consent can also be implied.Let see how our half baked lawyer gets out of this one ....

Oh boy, you sound like George Bush Junior, either with us or against us, either for it or against it, no citation for discussion.