• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is it so difficult for “Elites” to admit, they screwed up?

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me could Temasek and GIC have done a better job in outperforming the markets? Was it such a good strategy to put so many of our chips on banks? Was the melt down foreseeable? Is it true to say, paper losses are just paper losses? What about profits then; could they just be paper profits as well?

You know what? I dunno. As these days, the MSM seems to be very evasive about the whole idea of delivering news – content is definitely king even if it resembles the idea of bottling Himalayan air - but if you want to know more, then perhaps you can check out these excellent links to gain a deeper understanding of the salient. Go on blow your mind out.

GIC’s Conversion from Preferred to Common Marks the Beginning of the End / “2008 Was a Year to Forget” - 2009 Probably will be One to Forget, Too / How did our SWFs manage to invest in the 3 worst performing CDO issuing banks??? / UBS Tax Fraud Makes Lee Kuan Yew Look Like a Dufus Dumbo

But that is not the point of my essay – that’s really just the garnish. My main dish is a boney fish – question: why is it so hard for elites to admit they screwed up?

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5912

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they considered themselves high and mighty, they think they can fool everyone with the control of media and as long as they insist they are right, they are right.

But even Warren Buffet have to admit his mistakes, it just shows what kind of people are actually running this country.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they considered themselves high and mighty, they think they can fool everyone with the control of media and as long as they insist they are right, they are right.

But even Warren Buffet have to admit his mistakes, it just shows what kind of people are actually running this country.

Did they screwed up?

Or Sinkies screwed up?

Sinkies are the one that put LKY and cockroaches in white in power

What kind of people are Sinkies who cannot admit their own mistakes
who cannot admit it was their no fucking balls and/or no fucking brains that allowed monster LKY and his stinking dogs to continue their regime for so many years

STOP BLAMING TEMASICK AND GIC

Sinkies got no balls
You all dare not stand with those that tried to speak for you.
You all dare not give money to them so that they can work for you.
You all dare not support them publicly so that they can speak for you.

You all turn your backs on those that spoke out bravely against LKY
LKY hit out at those who tried to speak for you with his kangaroo courts
You turn your backs and not support them with money and courage.

You let them be beaten and bankrupted because you all have no balls

Why complain now?

Your 400-500++ billions sucked and bled into LKY Temasick and GIC

And even more billions are currently sucked and bled so that LKY can use those money to bastardised and pay his kangaroo courts and running dogs to bleed even more billions from you in future

You got what you all deserved
for your lack of balls

FIND YOUR BALLS TO PUT AN END TO LKY

or open your legs to be further screwed by him

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
They follow best practices. Have you seen any of the CEOs and presidents of investment banks apologize? Remember John Thain?

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decision makers are hired to MAKE decisions, no matter good or bad ones they have to come up with directions. MM Lee has recently commented that GIC did not make wise investment decisions, as they went in with their millions not at bottom price. Resulting an investment loss of 25%. No one can predicts the future even if you are an elite.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what? I dunno. As these days, the MSM seems to be very evasive about the whole idea of delivering news – content is definitely king even if it resembles the idea of bottling Himalayan air - but if you want to know more, then perhaps you can check out these excellent links to gain a deeper understanding of the salient. Go on blow your mind out.
http://wayangparty.com/?p=5912

Dear Sherylim, avantas, limtuakang, thinknothing, squealer etc

Temasek is something like Wayapang.com. Nobody has a clue who is actually run it and we all know is that there is one individual who has thus remained anonymous using a series of monikers from Eugene Yeo to a whole host of editorial team names where no real person exist.

Writing good grammatical right article is one thing, but throwing in falsehood, fabircating stories, taking in the gullible minority and taking selective pot shots at opposition parties that you dislike is another.

Until a warm body can attest that they know your real identity, nothing is going to happen except you drawing an income from hits to your site.

Notice that credible websites in your own world have stopped citing you. Gosh they must be embarrassed to realise that no one has seen you and that Eugene is nothing but a figment of someone imagination.

Goodluck to the gullible lot and you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one can predicts the future even if you are an elite.

What is the percentage of successes & failures of the so called elites :confused:

Still remember when Micropolis was closed, not even a year after Temasek bought it. Still unclear whythey even bought it if the intention was to close it.

Anyone still remember Suzhou? The PAP has never acknowledge that it was a failure.

Temasek has got a long track record of losses from manufacturing, to development of industrial parks, to buying of banks. Don't forget the other mis-steps of buying phone companies in Australia, Indonesia, Thailand,...

Watching the escapades of the Lee empire is like watching a bad soap opera :rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does ST continue to give it coverage? Why did Charles Chong bother to reply, same as the NUS don?

Notice that credible websites in your own world have stopped citing you. Gosh they must be embarrassed to realise that no one has seen you and that Eugene is nothing but a figment of someone imagination.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all fairness, these ELITES think of themselves as some mythical immortals. To admit a mistake is akin to bear their ugly endowed bodies for the world to scrutinise.
They know they've screwed up. And covering up from the public eye is the next best thing to do. Dont forget, theyre only accountable to LKY. And its up to LKY who should go & who should stay.
Gerald Poon resigned? Hhahahahaahah.........

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does ST continue to give it coverage? Why did Charles Chong bother to reply, same as the NUS don?

Most people know who is behind TOC, Yawning Bread and all other website that dabble on a serious level with soci-political issues. Not this website.

I know the history of this website since it began. It had a sister site that was dedicated to me run by the same bloke.

ST, Charles or Su would not know that but the penny will eventually drop. The only living soul that has vouched for it that has a profile is Ng E-Jay but he quickly withdrew from talking about it when I stated that the interview with ST Forum writer on Tan Kin Lian was fabricated.

Thats how shamans work - "predicting" the eclipse to the lesser men using the annals passed down thru generations.

More than delighted if someone can tell me who is behind it. As this chap has a history of fabricated stories starting with the Ang Mo Kio coffeeshop incident to GMS having affairs, I am really curious.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps TNP or Today should do some checks and run a story?

Most people know who is behind TOC, Yawning Bread and all other website that dabble on a serious level with soci-political issues. Not this website.

I know the history of this website since it began. It had a sister site that was dedicated to me run by the same bloke.

ST, Charles or Su would not know that but the penny will eventually drop. The only living soul that has vouched for it that has a profile is Ng E-Jay but he quickly withdrew from talking about it when I stated that the interview with ST Forum writer on Tan Kin Lian was fabricated.

Thats how shamans work - "predicting" the eclipse to the lesser men using the annals passed down thru generations.

More than delighted if someone can tell me who is behind it. As this chap has a history of fabricated stories starting with the Ang Mo Kio coffeeshop incident to GMS having affairs, I am really curious.

jw5

Loyal
To answer your question, because they are so arrogant they don't even realize or admit that they screwed up.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those so called elite screwed up. BUt it depends if the sinkie knows that they screwed up. If the sinkie dunno, then they screw up or not , it is still the same.

That is why the media are controlled, so that those screwed up can turn into a screwed down.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the percentage of successes & failures of the so called elites :confused:

Still remember when Micropolis was closed, not even a year after Temasek bought it. Still unclear whythey even bought it if the intention was to close it.

Anyone still remember Suzhou? The PAP has never acknowledge that it was a failure.

Temasek has got a long track record of losses from manufacturing, to development of industrial parks, to buying of banks. Don't forget the other mis-steps of buying phone companies in Australia, Indonesia, Thailand,...

Watching the escapades of the Lee empire is like watching a bad soap opera :rolleyes:

Bad soap oprea?...the joke is on us, and even that, Singaporeans are still in their golden slumber, while the story is played out, day after day..:eek:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh yes, thanks for the reminders of past mistakes that they refuse to admit.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... why is it so hard for elites to admit they screwed up? ...
me ...

gt perfect score in all exams ...
scored dinstinction in all exams ...
scholar tis scholar dat ...
promoted faster dan any1 else ...
youngest 2 call shots ...
me colecting million $ salary a yr ...

any lesser mortal can do dat? ...
how cud me b wrong? ...
how cud me screw up anyting? ...

me a gr8er mortal ... evryting me do iz rite ...

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the elites, the losses would have been doubled. You better be thankful to them. They are incapbale of making any mistake. OK?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,, if admit mistakes, they become mortal no longer elites,,,,,they will not qualify for nillion dollar salaries,,,,, you think you will pay million dollar salary for those who employ them to admit that they lost billions of your dollars?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decision makers are hired to MAKE decisions, no matter good or bad ones they have to come up with directions. MM Lee has recently commented that GIC did not make wise investment decisions, as they went in with their millions not at bottom price. Resulting an investment loss of 25%. No one can predicts the future even if you are an elite.

ooi.. your fren clit888 kena retrenched liao huh???:biggrin: