• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is everything so expensive in Singapore?

pumpkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petrol cost double than in aussieland, electricity, water, etc?

And why dinkies still vote in PAP year in year out?

Really beats me. Either PAP propaganda is so damn solid or Sinkie citizens are quite dumb.

What do you think ?

jw5

Loyal
Rich elites + Wannabe elites benefitting from rich elites + pap propaganda + dumb, impressionable and easily manipulated sinkies = 70%. :wink:

Very simple understand! :thumbsup:

Really beats me. Either PAP propaganda is so damn solid or Sinkie citizens are quite dumb.

What do you think ?

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you think ?
We are a first world country with first world leader.
Off course we need to pay for first world price everything.
Please understand don't complain.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pump up the population, everything enbloc, build and build.

Of course everything expensive lah. World's number 1.

Even JB is not spared. Things there are getting more and more expensive compared to other parts of Malaysia.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia electricity cheaper? Maybe its because in south australia, its 100% renewable. Solar wind and tesla batteries.
Queensland and nsw, its coal.
Western australia and northern territories, its lng. But that lies in the middle of the sea mostly for export.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even JB is not spared. Things there are getting more and more expensive compared to other parts of Malaysia.
Obviously Singaporean went shopping at jb contributed to the increase in price there.
But jbsian still can run move further north to get cheaper standard of living.
Singaporean no way to run within the country to escape high cost of living.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coys sell oni their bestest n highest quality products in sinkielan ...

dey dump lower crass n unacceptable quality products @ other cuntries like oz ...

iz a privilege oni sinkies can njoy ... sinkies shud b proud of tis ...

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you think ?
Singkie income tax..1/3 or even none.

If one does not buy car or pay COE the cost is even lower.

Bus and train fares. Twice the cost of Oz

Interest rates for housing loan....much higher than singkieland,,,read up on how the banks are screwing Aussies....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if a meal of kopi and kaya toast plus 2 eggs or teh-c and mee pok cost less than $6.9, it’s considered cheap for 69% of sinkies. condo can be $1.6m and car can be $169k but makan at hawker center, food court and korner kopitiam must not go over $6.9. that’s how sinkies are conditioned.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its called high margins.instead of giving the savings back to consumers due to S$ strength, they traders decided to pocket the difference.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

What do you think ?

You go live in Australia lor.

Singapore First World Swiss Standard is such a Wonderful Utopia that many people in the world desired to live in. Singaporeans are so lucky.

I also longed to be part of it but disqualified myself when I quit now I am regretting and repenting.
Now the only Utopia I know I know is https://g.co/kgs/yUdVps

F3AC41AC-7B67-4DB1-AD0F-065C30C539EA.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jb everything cheep cheep
JB's expensive, even for street or kopitiam food, even after the conversion factor At City Square, it's mostly sinkie birds cheeping.
Think the locals kena imported inflation due to proximity.

Elsewhere, prices are kinder