• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Goh Meng Seng allow Nicole Seah climb all over him?

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended on NSP rally, she said she represent the Chinese to apologize on Malay behalf over ElderLee's remark.

Who is she to say that? She is a nobody. You didn't guide her proper on things to say and not to say?

Although Nicole is young, but she is an adult. Hazel is now the SG and it is up to her to do whatever necessary. Maybe Nicole doesn't feel that she needs any guidance at all.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I attended on NSP rally, she said she represent the Chinese to apologize on Malay behalf over ElderLee's remark.

Who is she to say that? She is a nobody. You didn't guide her proper on things to say and not to say?

She said she is representing the Chinese to apologize to the Malay over ElderLee's remark.

Well, I don't vet all scripts. Young people tend to be more aggressive and less sensitive to others, just as Belmont has shown here. We were young before, right?

Sometimes, it is only good not to interfere too much into the youngsters, especially when they have tasted first success or what we call "blood", else they would think you have ulterior motive of curbing their growth of popularity or whatever. Just like any teenagers, they will tend to rebel more if you try to control them more.

There are actually two worries here. Do you know how to permanently make your opponent "invalid" forever? I learn from a kongfu master. He said, you could well beat your opponents every time you spar with him but that will not make him invalid. After his defeat, he will go back and work harder, learn new tricks and styles... try to beat you next time. Thus, after every defeat, you will find him much stronger when you spar with him again.

He said, the only way to make your opponent invalid, is to fan his ego. Even if you can beat him every time, just pretend to lose to him. Fan his ego and let him feel great and contended. After some time, just beat him off badly and he will never able to recover from that defeat again. This is because his ego is so high and psychologically, he cannot take his easy defeat literally.

The moral of the story? If you want to make sure your opponent is totally beaten and become invalid, you will have to destroy him psychologically.

Nicole is facing this real risk now. The opponent, through the media, is fanning her ego and the ego of people surrounding her. It just needs one knock out later, she and her group of people will become invalid psychologically.

Goh Meng Seng

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although Nicole is young, but she is an adult. Hazel is now the SG and it is up to her to do whatever necessary. Maybe Nicole doesn't feel that she needs any guidance at all.

Lol, can't believe it but I actually agree with everything you said there!

Yes, Nicole is a young adult, but she's very much a political newbie. Unfortunately, so is Hazel. As I said earlier, NSP has some leadership issues - there is no one in the party suitable to lead it! You look at the other parties that have veterans of the political scene leading them - CST, LTK and to a lesser extend CSJ. People that know the ins and outs of how cutthroat the politics scene is and how to work with and around it. Steve Chia and yourself, when you were the S-Gs, were possibly the best people at that point of time to lead the party, but still fell short. I personally don't see much hope in Hazel being able to turn things around either.

And yes, it does seem like Nicole Seah thinks she doesn't need guidance.
Unfortunately, she DOES need guidance, and from the right people. Unless something change, I don't see a bright future for her.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironically, her unrestrained spirit made her appealing to the public, but will also be her downfall.:o

But if you restrain the spirit, there is no more appeal:(

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not literally, but why didn't Goh Meng Seng control his new recruits, and let her steal all the limelight? Feels as if he doesn't have real power as a Secretary General in NSP.

That is not climbing over him lah. If it is, LKY and his son let TPL climb over them.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think GMS have done a pretty good job at NSP so far, but he doesn't seem to take setbacks well. He loss at Aljunied with WP, and he jumps ship. Lose this election, leave NSP. I think GMS leaving NSP have done a lot of damage to the party. Everyone can see it's currently being run like a headless chicken. GMS should have slowly ease his leadership post to Hazel Poa over a few years instead of leaving so suddenly. I do hope he at the very least still performs an advisory role to the current NSP leadership

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think GMS have done a pretty good job at NSP so far, but he doesn't seem to take setbacks well. He loss at Aljunied with WP, and he jumps ship. Lose this election, leave NSP. I think GMS leaving NSP have done a lot of damage to the party. Everyone can see it's currently being run like a headless chicken. GMS should have slowly ease his leadership post to Hazel Poa over a few years instead of leaving so suddenly. I do hope he at the very least still performs an advisory role to the current NSP leadership

Why does everyone seem to impress that he "left NSP". He's only stepped down as SG and remains member. So hard to comprehend?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why does everyone seem to impress that he "left NSP". He's only stepped down as SG and remains member. So hard to comprehend?

Ah Paiseh my mistake. My case is coz I read a lot of comments about how GMS quit NSP and run road back to HK

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
She said she is representing the Chinese to apologize to the Malay over ElderLee's remark.

I learn from a kongfu master. He said, you could well beat your opponents every time you spar with him but that will not make him invalid. After his defeat, he will go back and work harder, learn new tricks and styles... try to beat you next time. Thus, after every defeat, you will find him much stronger when you spar with him again.

He said, the only way to make your opponent invalid, is to fan his ego. Even if you can beat him every time, just pretend to lose to him. Fan his ego and let him feel great and contended. After some time, just beat him off badly and he will never able to recover from that defeat again. This is because his ego is so high and psychologically, he cannot take his easy defeat literally.

The moral of the story?

Goh Meng Seng

Gms

U just revealed why u did that to tkl. U r very vicious hor. Stroke tkl ego till he song song gong gong think he can be president, then make him fall hard hard.

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, I don't vet all scripts. Young people tend to be more aggressive and less sensitive to others, just as Belmont has shown here. We were young before, right?

Sometimes, it is only good not to interfere too much into the youngsters, especially when they have tasted first success or what we call "blood", else they would think you have ulterior motive of curbing their growth of popularity or whatever. Just like any teenagers, they will tend to rebel more if you try to control them more.

There are actually two worries here. Do you know how to permanently make your opponent "invalid" forever? I learn from a kongfu master. He said, you could well beat your opponents every time you spar with him but that will not make him invalid. After his defeat, he will go back and work harder, learn new tricks and styles... try to beat you next time. Thus, after every defeat, you will find him much stronger when you spar with him again.

The moral of the story? If you want to make sure your opponent is totally beaten and become invalid, you will have to destroy him psychologically.

Nicole is facing this real risk now. The opponent, through the media, is fanning her ego and the ego of people surrounding her. It just needs one knock out later, she and her group of people will become invalid psychologically.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

You are right but the proper saying is: To kill your enemy forever just take him to the race track and make sure you give him a winner.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Talk until Can Fly Can Chase Snake!

baby-yawn.jpg

"The moral of the story? If you want to make sure your opponent is totally beaten and become invalid, you will have to destroy him psychologically."

Moral of the story? You are better off moring your own kukujiao lah.
Aren't you on sabbatical? KNN, Y? Your kukujiao cannot take it psychologically liao ah?
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng

You are right but the proper saying is: To kill your enemy forever just take him to the race track and make sure you give him a winner.

I am not sure but that is just like getting your enemy to be addicted to gambling...

Goh Meng Seng