• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do quitters continue to bash Sinkies in this forum?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
It saddened me deeply to constantly see quitters bashing Singaporeans on this forum.

Since they've quitted and no longer have a stake in this country, why do you think they
continue to have such high emotional attachment to and interest in our country?

Wouldn't it be better for them to spend quality time to fight for themselves, for their
love ones … for a better world, a better future in their adopted country?

Don't you think they should go out, get involved, participate, engage their own stakeholders
for the well-being of their family and love ones?

We have managed, we can manage and we will continue to manage, regardless … our own
well-being!

Citizens Unite ... Stop Sinkie Bashing!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can take a loser out of Singapore, but you can never take a singkie out of the loser. Always complain complain complain.
You can be very sure they are complaining their heads off about their new country too.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is comforting for quitters to feel that they're better off than those who chose to stay. A little upset in Singapore they will jump with joy and shout " See! I told you so!!! I told you so!!!"

Those who quit should spend more quality time with their families and also help to build the country of their adoption. Or are they just waiting at the wings for Singapore to collapse so that they can jump with joy, " See ! I was right!!! Singapore is now gone!!!"

If you quit, just go gracefully and stop spewing scorn and contempt. For those who stay on and fight the battle , I salute all of you. We are in this together...for good and for the worst. WE STAY ON!!! MAJULAH SINGAPURA!!!

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
It saddened me deeply to constantly see quitters bashing Singaporeans on this forum.

Since they've quitted and no longer have a stake in this country, why do you think they
continue to have such high emotional attachment to and interest in our country?

Citizens Unite ... Stop Sinkie Bashing!

There is nothing criminal for folks (who left SG) to express opinions about SG.
It is interesting.

Are you genuinely ‘sad’?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
. . . Are you genuinely ‘sad’?

Would you not be sad if some quitters persistently insult you, you family, your friends and your love ones with such comments

"See what I have been saying all these time. Sinkies are absolutely a turn off, no matter what shit form they are in. "

"Those have brains emigrated or in the process of it. The left behind ones are dumbfuck sinkie losers."

"That is what happen whe you bunch of sinkies got no balls to protest and fight for your right. Now kanna screwed, then come
to the forum to complain. Damn pathetic. "

Is the above a true reflection of you, your family and your friends?

I would be even more sad, if the author of this comment is a "Sinkie"

"You can take a loser out of Singapore, but you can never take a singkie out of the loser. Always complain complain complain.
You can be very sure they are complaining their heads off about their new country too. "

As I stated many times over, I am non-partisan, non-align and without political affiliation.

I participate in this forum to get my voice heard, albeit … however little difference it may make!

I tried in my postings to focus on hot button issues, the policies of this government that affect our well-being, the politicians
that consistently failed our expectations.

We can debate, we can disagree and we can strongly defend our views and positions, but I am against anyone who belittle me,
my family, my friends and my country … especially the quitters.

Don't take me too seriously ... I get into this reflective mood once in awhile :biggrin:

... :( Also, please don't zap me!!!!

Cheers!

PS:- I am not referring to Sam Leong (our beloved forum owner) as I know he is playing the devil advocate. If not for him, there
will probably be no other avenue for us to voice our frustration and enjoy the company of brotherhood. Thanks Sam!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since they've quitted..........

Bro, who are you referring to? I come to this forum for nostalgia and good laughs, the type I don't get in Canada, like sitting at a coffeeshop with old cronies, taking a swipe at the authorities, and solving the world's probelms. Some rude mouths get a swipe back in a fair exchange, but that could be anybody, not just a Sinkie.

BTW, the word "quitter" was coined by none other than your old wooden who ran out of ideas and started shooting, or rather "name-calling" from the hips. correct description is "moving on", not quittters. As for living in the new land, the reality is life goes on. Gotta work, kids go to school, saving money, maintaining health and so on. Coming to the forum, or the net, just happens to be a present day activity. We're still humans chum.

Cheers!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can debate, we can disagree and we can strongly defend our views and positions, but I am against anyone who belittle me, my family, my friends and my country … especially the quitters.

I can take issue with several of your comments, but will focus on this one.

The gist of your message is that émigrés have unfairly labeled the stayers as "SINKIES". Are you aware that you and the resident SINKIES have in the same breath unfairly labeled emigres as "quitters". The label "quitter" has been around far longer than its supposed opposite "SINKIE". In fact, it predates the internet.

This label first came out of the mouth of a grossly overpaid and ineffectual Emeritus or shall I say sit warmer, Goh Chok Tong, who also spoke about "rootedness", while this hypocrite’s daughter, Goh Jin Theng, had "quitted" or "uprooted" to London. See here for more details http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?31407-Elite-Quitters-Exposed

Are you also aware that unless you are a descendent of the original fishermen who were living in Singapura when Raffles landed in 1819, you too are a descendent of an émigré. In other words, by your logic you are a descendent of a “quitter”. Had your forefathers not “quitted” Fujian, Guangdong, Hainan, Sumatra, India, etc you might have died in a famine, plague, civil war, flood, earthquake and what not.

So don’t give me all this crap about émigrés being “quitters”. In my books, my forefathers UPGRADED from Fujian and Guangdong to a British colony that had potential. Following in the illustrious footsteps of my forefathers, when I saw the degeneration that was beginning to creep in during the 1990s, I too UPGRADED and emigrated to a better place.

The correct term for émigrés is UPGRADERS. :cool:

Last edited:

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
going by you logic, all FT, PR and new citizens are upgraders and that is perfectly normal and acceptable here?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

"You can take a loser out of Singapore, but you can never take a singkie out of the loser. Always complain complain complain.
You can be very sure they are complaining their heads off about their new country too. "

You seem to disagree with the above comment?

Case in point. Fake 40% rather save their own backyard, MUP/LUP, one-in-every-5-yrs freebies, etc, etc, than to vote for competition that always, always benefits the consumers, and now when every fees, bills is up, up, up, they complain why the very few Oppo MP never listen and speak up for them.

No?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
going by you logic, all FT, PR and new citizens are upgraders and that is perfectly normal and acceptable here?

YES, they are upgraders. Whether or not they are acceptable is up to those SINKIES who remain. It is acceptable to me that my new country takes truly skilled upgraders from all over the world in a rational manner and at a pace consistent with my new country's needs while protecting my own economic rights as a citizen. Should the government deviate from such rational policies, citizens of my new country know what to do - give it a big fat kick in the ass even before the next election.

The point is this is the irrational immigration "policy" chosen by the PAP to cover up for their lack of ideas to bring SG forward on the economic front.

And who consistently voted for the PAP? And these daft SINKIES who did so are not motivated by selfish reasons like instant freebies?

Whether anything is going to be done to reverse this policy is again up to those SINKIES who have not themselves upgraded for whatever reasons. Could not? Dare not?

Last edited:

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would you not be sad if some quitters persistently insult you, you family, your friends and your love ones with such comments

"See what I have been saying all these time. Sinkies are absolutely a turn off, no matter what shit form they are in. "

"Those have brains emigrated or in the process of it. The left behind ones are dumbfuck sinkie losers."

"That is what happen whe you bunch of sinkies got no balls to protest and fight for your right. Now kanna screwed, then come to the forum to complain. Damn pathetic. "

I will not be sad if people insult me or folks close to me.
I do not identify with folks who fit the description of being "a turn off, dumb losers, etc".
There are people in every nation who can be described as being 'inadequate'. Such folks are not unique to Singapore.

... :( Also, please don't zap me!!!!

No worries. I have no intention of zapping you.