• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people like to wear Rolex?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree, unfortunately in Asia, most only know just Rolex. Try bringing in a Panerai to a 2nd hand dealer, some might not even know it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
True, so does driving a nice car. Lots of guys with BMWs end up with the car being towed away...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
True true, but folks here use it as a benchmark in the same vein as a Benz. I still remember laughing when i saw the Sunshine empire ad on Youtube.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with Rolex? I wear one. It looks nice and tells time.

wah! you so rich one! mine is also a casio bought from Bras Basah Complex...:biggrin: You sure yours not RONEX bought from Suan Lam Night Market, Bangkok City???:wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lorex day date... usd76.

rolex-daydate-14038-1-watchessell._thumbnail.jpg

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fella always just smiled and never revealed how well he was doing to his neighbours. His reasoning was, if you are a plane and know you are a plane, why get angry with a motorcycle?

Whenever they see him with a luggage, they will always ask, go Malaysia ah?
He just smiles and say yes even though he just came back from UK.

This is one admirable guy... real humble.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with Rolex? I wear one. It looks nice and tells time.

A normal watch also tells time, but to the rich who buy branded watches, it's called "timepiece", not watch.

I bought a "Patek Philippe" for less than S$40 at Ho Chi Minh more than a year ago and it's still running very well. I Regret i didn't buy more.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious, your Rolex has hologram sticker at the back? If you drop a bit of water on the face of the watch, will the water balls up or just roll away?

Don't know what hologram sticker. If you mean scratch proofing sticker when brand new, I've removed it long ago. Water droplet usually stays instead of rolls.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know what hologram sticker. If you mean scratch proofing sticker when brand new, I've removed it long ago. Water droplet usually stays instead of rolls.

It is genuine alright. The water will stay. If it rolls off, it is a fake. Yes, when brand new there is a 3D hologram sticker.