• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why do paps mps be allowed to held so many directorship or posts?

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
being paid $13.5 k per mth mp allowances is equivalent to a fulltime job serving the ward. how can mps be allowed to hold on to multi directorships or even another permanent job(s).

for the record, the highest directorships holding mp i could think of is ong kian min. beside that, he is also a lawyer and owner of some food biz. he also holds the record for the top baby rabbits producer in the pap legion.

doesn't this conflicts his obligations and duties to the voters? just take a simple example: if i got an employee being paid $13.5k, i expect him to do his duties and carry out his responsibility to my company. if i find him moonlighting, i would sue him for conflict of interest, demand for compensation and terminate his services asap.

isn't this the usual commercial practice with ethical code of conduct?

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple, is about branding. Investor will feel at ease when a PAP MP is on board. What do you think if the company engage computer shop owner GMS as director, what will happen to the share price?:eek::oIo:

Last edited:

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i got an employee being paid $13.5k, i expect him to do his duties and carry out his responsibility to my company. if i find him moonlighting,

Bob Sim Kheng Hwee, nobody will pay you $13.5k a year. But to people of MP quality, $13.5k is only an allowance.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple, is about branding. Investor will feel at ease when a PAP MP is on board. What do you think if the company engage computer shop owner GMS as director, what will happen to the share price?:eek::oIo:

u mean just like this country do not need another $3M ($6M if include pension) prataman but becos of branding, we just need an expensive flower vase president?

who benefit by the way? the company at the expenses of profits which should be distributed to more deserving employees especially at the lower rung?

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
allowances, salary, honararium, etc - it's still money and very big amount of money paid to a mp. the mp is not doing for free. he's obligated to be more involved and improve the living standard in his wards, speak up for his voters and fight for their rights and act as their mouthpiece.

sadly, the reversal is happening. mp is paid to speak for the pap's more avaricious policy, back up pap's reasoning to con the voters and make it look decent and reasonable and yes, kissing babies' butts. i think putting a cheaper bangala FT as my mp could do better! at least, he could make my maid feel happy and loved.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
why do such quality people still holding to many directorships and some even having more than one job.

are they really so capable or just greedy?

i would prefer paps mps look up to dr lily neo who being a kind doctor really present the professionalism as a ward mp. by the way, i heard she forfeit her allowance and donate it to help the needies and poor in her ward.

that should be spirit of mps. but how many do that beside humilating their wards with "lower mortals", comparison of eating fish to meat or eating in restaurant and hawker centres.

are these mps authentic people for the people and voted by the people??

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
allowances, salary, honararium, etc - it's still money and very big amount of money paid to a mp. the mp is not doing for free. he's obligated to be more involved and improve the living standard in his wards, speak up for his voters and fight for their rights and act as their mouthpiece.

sadly, the reversal is happening. mp is paid to speak for the pap's more avaricious policy, back up pap's reasoning to con the voters and make it look decent and reasonable and yes, kissing babies' butts. i think putting a cheaper bangala FT as my mp could do better! at least, he could make my maid feel happy and loved.

To Bob Sim Kheng Hwee, $13.5k is a lot o money. To me, $13.5k is what I get from 3 trades.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Full time MPs like LTK and CST collect pay for being town council chairman.

CST has been a full-time MP since his retirement from his law practice. LTK still runs his own business. Both collect the same MP allowance. There's no additional pay for being TC Chair, whether Opposition or PAP.

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CST has been a full-time MP since his retirement from his law practice. LTK still runs his own business. Both collect the same MP allowance. There's no additional pay for being TC Chair, whether Opposition or PAP.

Check again with Low and Chiam, my friend.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cheebye Bob Sim Kheng Hwee, you are testing my patience...

why do such quality people still holding to many directorships and some even having more than one job.

are they really so capable or just greedy?

i would prefer paps mps look up to dr lily neo who being a kind doctor really present the professionalism as a ward mp. by the way, i heard she forfeit her allowance and donate it to help the needies and poor in her ward.

that should be spirit of mps. but how many do that beside humilating their wards with "lower mortals", comparison of eating fish to meat or eating in restaurant and hawker centres.

are these mps authentic people for the people and voted by the people??

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
work320240.jpg

So that your mums and fathers can slave it out at coffee shops !