• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who say Singapore Commando got no Malay?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one PAP eye to make him minister soon. U think PAP so free and use our taxpayers money for their own selfish interest.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I emailed my first batch OCS friend, and the following is his response:
....facts as follows:

Syed together with Col. Raymond Tan and Albert Tan raised the Armour Infantry Formation; the back-up for the Armour Formation.
then he went to Brunei in charge of our trg center for Jungle Warfare in Temburong.
returned and posted to SCSC as Instructor. then retired there after. ]

then he wasn't bde comdr of 3sib (thought he was, after ltc syed hashim al-jofri after i was posted out).
this ltc syed ibrahim would have been with ltc errol neubronner at scsc then.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then he wasn't bde comdr of 3sib (thought he was, after ltc syed hashim al-jofri after i was posted out).
this ltc syed ibrahim would have been with ltc errol neubronner at scsc then.

I am unable to confirm whether or not he was the Brigade Commander of 3 SIB,
but I may check with my buddies.

Syed Ibrahim was an instructor at first batch OCS,
and I believe Errol Neubronner was from the first batch OCS.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charlie99;2229087]I am unable to confirm whether or not he was the Brigade Commander of 3 SIB,
but I may check with my buddies.
was going by what paps said earlier.......
Syed Ibrahim armour officer trained in Aussieland? Really? He was a 2 SIR PC during the Konfrontasi. we didn't send armour officers to be trained in Australia back than. Syed was send to Australia to Portsea to train in the Australian version of OCS, Portsea was their SAFTI. Mostly armour officers were trained in Germany, Israel, India, etc. If he was trained as an amour officer, he must have been trained quite late in his career. Because he went back to Singapore and was commissioned as 2LT and assigned to 2 SIR. after that he progress thru a number of positions until he reached LTC and 3 SIB brigade commander. I have no recollection of him in any armour unit or as an armour appointment holder. Maybe I am wrong.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I emailed my first batch OCS friend, and the following is his response:

[ checked with Col Neo.

facts as follows:

Syed together with Col. Raymond Tan and Albert Tan raised the Armour Infantry Formation; the back-up for the Armour Formation.

then he went to Brunei in charge of our trg center for Jungle Warfare in Temburong.

returned and posted to SCSC as Instructor. then retired there after. ]

Ok, that makes sense. He is not original armour trained, sounds like he might have taken a M113 conversion course. Back then AI units like 46 SAR were comprised of SOA grads armour officers who ran the AMX-13 platoons and SAFTI grads infantry officers who ran the AI platoons.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, that makes sense. He is not original armour trained, sounds like he might have taken a M113 conversion course. Back then AI units like 46 SAR were comprised of SOA grads armour officers who ran the AMX-13 platoons and SAFTI grads infantry officers who ran the AI platoons.

Thank you.
I believe that LTC Syed Ibrahim is not amongst the initial few batches of Armour Officers.
Regardless, during my time serving NS and reservist, with respect, I have seen and met many SAFOS officers who is any where close to "an officer and gentleman" "Tan Chiak" calibre like LTC Syed Ibrahim.

edited [ any SAFOS officers ] to ( many SAFOS officers )

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commandos isn't a sensitive unit. Sensitive units have zero Malays, that is a fact. No point arguing over this. :cool:

Mindef will never give Malays the required security clearance to enter those units. :wink:

still no mats or moslem cookhse in my "spec ops" unit. but last time i was there, got bolehland chineses, mainland tiongs, and 1 blonde angmo.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thank you.
I believe that LTC Syed Ibrahim is not amongst the initial few batches of Armour Officers.
Regardless, during my time serving NS and reservist, with respect, I have seen and met any SAFOS officers who is any where close to "an officer and gentleman" "Tan Chiak" calibre like LTC Syed Ibrahim.

Yes, Ibrahim is not a Camel.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
still no mats or moslem cookhse in my "spec ops" unit. but last time i was there, got bolehland chineses, mainland tiongs, and 1 blonde angmo.

The blonde angmo is the Russian hooker/comfort woman izzit? Wah, your unit sibei shiok.