• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who rides a roadie, hybrid or mountain bike here

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard of electronic brakes in my life. Who makes them and how do they work?

Sorry my bad. Gears, not brakes. Campagnolo Electronic Gruppo. I kept thinking about brakes cos I borrowed a friend's Pina once and the gears jammed on me. Lucky I wasn't going too fast.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have my deep respect - thats crazy steep. I now realised why I thought the name was familiar. Its is one of the iconic climbs and noted for its spectacular beauty. And 90km..............holy cow! Its the view and the fact that you conquered it makes it worthwhile.

Attaching link for the benefit of other members.

http://taiwanincycles.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/wuling-cycling-icon-hiding-in-plain.html

Thank you bro. Wuling gradient ranging from 8% to 20%(steepest), some part of the road is crazily steep yet challenging. And the mountain view is superbly breathtaking.

Foldie is compact and convenient to travel around with.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day I was watching YouTube and this chap was unwrapping his newly purchased groupset and he had a weighing scale on the table. He then went on to weigh every item and I was wondering WTF. I then realised that he was working out the total weight, the bike and him to work his marginal increase in speed. ( power to weight ratio).

Though the weights are out there for Shimano / Campy / Sram , he still had to make sure. Thats what i meant by shopping to the nth degree.

Apart from an ebike, I've yet to come across a brand or design that can help you go faster.

All a frame does is hold the wheels, pedals, handlebars and seat together so you can ride the damned thing.

amazonforest

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
[video=youtube_share;KGLl2GU04Io]https://youtu.be/KGLl2GU04Io[/video]

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard of electronic brakes in my life. Who makes them and how do they work?

Continental Grand Prix 4000 Sll is the tires for 2 of my road bike
it's a very tires after you have tried these you will swear by it!

I just bought another 2 pieces 20 inch X 11/8(28mm) Continental GP tires for my
Alex Moulton bike !

Continental tires way to go!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could you tell whats it like to ride the Alex Moulton. Heard about it but never seen one. I suppose you get asked about it from fellow cyclists when they see you riding it.

Continental Grand Prix 4000 Sll is the tires for 2 of my road bike
it's a very tires after you have tried these you will swear by it!

I just bought another 2 pieces 20 inch X 11/8(28mm) Continental GP tires for my
Alex Moulton bike !

Continental tires way to go!

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could you tell whats it like to ride the Alex Moulton. Heard about it but never seen one. I suppose you get asked about it from fellow cyclists when they see you riding it.

I find moulton bikes ugly. There are better bikes at better prices. If you are really keen you can go for test rides at My Bike Shop at Midcity View (near LTA Sing Ming)

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alex Moulton was the person name, he was Mini Cooper Absorber Engineer
in the early 1960 he invented Alex Moulton Bike not being too popular those days, the F series bike, but today the F series bike replicated called M60 cost $8,000.00.

This is the UK address:

The Moulton Bicycle Company
Holt Road,Bradford on Avon
Wiltshire, BA15 1AH
England

AM series are manufactured in the old factory and one Engineer will manufacture the whole bike by one person, so his proud name will bore on the bike without consumer knowledge..and the AM series are priced differently, top of the range, Double Pylon will cost consumer $25,000.00, AM GT will cost $16,000.00 the TSR series is being out source manufactured at Parsley..heard from from sources Parsley will stop manufacture TSR but will
produce new Alex Moulton SST series!!

Alex Moulton or AM bike series were produce and configured like a Road Bike and ride like one too, this is one of the very fast bike that can race along with road bike, so don't play play!! In the early days the AM broke 50mph or 80kmh speed!

Alex Moulton agent in Hong Kong prices are indicated here:

http://www.wfc.com.hk/pages/alex-moulton

In the 1980 Kian Hong used to import Alex Moulton bike retail at $5k!!
Must be CraZy to pay this price in the 80s!! people will call you Siow arh!!

Alex Moulton was never called a Folding Bike !! it's breakable bike! you break them into 2 pieces! Unlike the Brompton it's a folding bike for your convenience of going into MRT train whereas Alex Moulton it's more inconvenient! But they are 2 different class! Alex Moulton fast bike! Brompton more of a leisure bike! The riding p[osuition more up right lots of winds resistance, whereas Alex Moulton with drop bar rides like a racer! Ladies prefer Brompton for it's foldable, up right riding style, price wise half of Alex Moulton!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only seen images of it. First time I heard about it was from a engineer who spoke well of it. And thanks, did not know it retailed here.

I find moulton bikes ugly. There are better bikes at better prices. If you are really keen you can go for test rides at My Bike Shop at Midcity View (near LTA Sing Ming)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro.

Wow did not know it can go at that speed. The engineer who told me what about it did not mention speed but did say it is an engineering marvel and mentioned breakable.. I probably pop down in the next few days and see it.

Alex Moulton was the person name, he was Mini Cooper Absorber Engineer
in the early 1960 he invented Alex Moulton Bike not being too popular those days, the F series bike, but today the F series bike replicated called M60 cost $8,000.00.

This is the UK address:

The Moulton Bicycle Company
Holt Road,Bradford on Avon
Wiltshire, BA15 1AH
England

AM series are manufactured in the old factory and one Engineer will manufacture the whole bike by one person, so his proud name will bore on the bike without consumer knowledge..and the AM series are priced differently, top of the range, Double Pylon will cost consumer $25,000.00, AM GT will cost $16,000.00 the TSR series is being out source manufactured at Parsley..heard from from sources Parsley will stop manufacture TSR but will
produce new Alex Moulton SST series!!

Alex Moulton or AM bike series were produce and configured like a Road Bike and ride like one too, this is one of the very fast bike that can race along with road bike, so don't play play!! In the early days the AM broke 50mph or 80kmh speed!

Alex Moulton agent in Hong Kong prices are indicated here:

http://www.wfc.com.hk/pages/alex-moulton

In the 1980 Kian Hong used to import Alex Moulton bike retail at $5k!!
Must be CraZy to pay this price in the 80s!! people will call you Siow arh!!

Alex Moulton was never called a Folding Bike !! it's breakable bike! you break them into 2 pieces! Unlike the Brompton it's a folding bike for your convenience of going into MRT train whereas Alex Moulton it's more inconvenient! But they are 2 different class! Alex Moulton fast bike! Brompton more of a leisure bike! The riding p[osuition more up right lots of winds resistance, whereas Alex Moulton with drop bar rides like a racer! Ladies prefer Brompton for it's foldable, up right riding style, price wise half of Alex Moulton!

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i've recently changed to Conti ultra sport II in 25mm width. much more comfortable and less jarring compared to 23mm.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Lampre-Merida with first Chinese and Taiwanese riders at Tour of Flanders

Chun Kai Feng and Gang Xu to make debut at 100th edition of De Ronde
bettiniphoto_0226062_1_full_670.jpg

1 / 6
Chung Feng await the start (Bettini Photo)

bettiniphoto_0226062_1_full-115-80.jpg
bettiniphoto_0208239_1_full-115-80.jpg
sptdw4011-115-80.jpg
sptdw413-115-80.jpg
20160210toq0031-115-80.jpg
20160210toq0020-115-80.jpg

Having started with an all-Italian line up at the first monument of the season at Milan-San Remo, there is an international flair to Lampre-Merida's Tour of Flanders squad with Chun Kai Feng and Gang Xu to become the first Taiwanese and Chinese starters in the history of the Belgian monument. The Italian WorldTour team are also likely to make history with its riders likely to be on disc equipped Merida's.
Related Articles

"The riders like them. Four riders are using them at home in training and their feedback has been very positive," team manager Brent Copeland toldCyclingnews last monthof the response from his riders to using disc brakes. "We're happy to work with Merida to ensure everything works perfectly. We think disc brakes are the future and want to use them in the Classics where they can make a real difference."
Feng and Xu both rode E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem and the Three Days of De Panne in preparation for Flanders although both riders failed to finish any of the races. Feng, 27, rode Paris - Roubaix last year with Lampre-Merida while Xu is experiencing his longest classics campaign so far in his career. Both riders are likely to ride in support of the team which includes three Italians and two Slovenians.

Lampre won the race in 2007 with Alessandro Ballan while Pippo Pozzato was the team's best finisher during his three years in 'blue-fuchsia-green'. With no standout classics rider in 2016, Lampre-Merida will start the race with the ambition of entering a rider into the breakaway and keeping Marko Kump and Davide Cimolai fresh as possible for the final 50km of the race.

Cimolai, who won a stage at the Volta a Catalunya last month, was 44th at the 2015 edition of the race having first ridden the race in 2012. Cimolai will be joined by compatriots Roberto Ferrari and Sacha Modolo with Slovenian national champion Luka Pibernik rounding out the squad.

Lampre-Merida for the Tour of Flanders: Davide Cimolai, Chun Kai Feng, Roberto Ferrari, Marko Kump, Sacha Modolo, Luka Pibernik, Xu Gang and Federico Zurlo.

To subscribe to the Cyclingnews video channel, click here

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[video=youtube;mcEp8FXBjJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcEp8FXBjJY[/video]