• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who Is Santa Claus? Legend or Someone Real?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christmas is coming and soon there will be much merry-making and fun among everyone in Singapore.
There will be bonusses and much shopping.
However, I hunger to know (an am sure many others too) who is Santa Claus? Is it a legend or related to someone real?
I urge some noted Christian theologians to kindly shed light on this issue so that our future generation will better appreciate this "lovable" being.
Thank you. Merry X'mas. Hohohoho!!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christmas is coming and soon there will be much merry-making and fun among everyone in Singapore.
However, I hunger to know (an am sure many others too) who is Santa Claus? Is it a legend or related to someone real?
I urge some noted Christian theologians to kindly shed light on this issue so that our future generation will better appreciate this "lovable" being.

Santa is real....................so is Jesus..............so is Darth Vader...................so is Harry Potter............

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do we all have a Santa Claus for this Christmas? For investors, the temporary relief on the stock market may bring cheers to many for a few weeks. For those who are still employed, there is the coming 13th month, if not a bonus as well.

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do we all have a Santa Claus for this Christmas? For investors, the temporary relief on the stock market may bring cheers to many for a few weeks. For those who are still employed, there is the coming 13th month, if not a bonus as well.

chinese version maybe 财神???? :smile:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are referring to someone plump, white-bearded man wearing a red coat and red trousers and a red hat ,
then it is really real.
i saw one at the shopping centre just this late morning.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, I hunger to know (an am sure many others too) who issto Santa Claus? Is it a legend or related to someone real?

The origins of Santa Claus, or Father Christmas very likely derived from the legend of Saint Nicholas, a priest who supposedly was generous and loved children. However, there also stories of other sources of origin from eastern and western european nations for the year end celebrations.

The fat, chubby, red & white santa claus we see nowadays was concocted by the Coca-Cola company as a marketing device to boost their popular drink when it didn't do that well sold as a cough mixture long ago. It worked darn well.

Santa Claus has no connections with Christianity's Christmas, it is a commercial icon.

Chers!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just like Jesus has nothing to do with Christmas..................

''christmas'' has been celebrated in Europe for over 10,000 years before Jesus was invented...................

late December is considered to be the ''rebirth of the sun''........................

so the ''sun of god'' becomes ''son of god''...................

ethrixdexter

whatever it is , its a legend or not legend , real or unreal but santa clause seems so cute when it gives gifts to the children on christmas and santa clause is an identity of christmas happiness .. i remember steve the old man loves to give gifts to the children on every christmas he wears out the santa clause costume and place gifts at the doors . :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;yTo2vi6wa9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTo2vi6wa9Y[/video]

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
duh!!!!! I LOVE sannta!!

In Singapore we also have our own Santa Claus.

He is fondly called, "SENGHANTONG CLAUSE"

Let him wear the red costume and throw in Rupert the Reindeer,

And all will be amused, especially those that have

not been fully amused by the way he spoke of the Indians and Malays role in the recent SMRT Fiasco.

jackandrose

The origin of Santa Claus begins with the life of the Bishop Nicholas in what is now Turkey during the 4th century A.D. While he was a kind, loving and generous person, especially toward children in real life.

kendrick

The man we know as Santa Claus has a history all his own. Today, he is thought of mainly as the jolly man in red, but his story stretches all the way back to the third century.
Santa Claus begins with the life of the Bishop Nicholas. He was generous person. He loves children's and gave him/her fruits, apples, oranges and nuts to the small children of poor families.

rankexper

============================================
No matter who is he .but I love him to much. alleluia..alleluia...alleluia..alleluia
Singapore website design | Singapore web design