• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who dares to do a Maximilian Chua-Heng "I tok if Arsenal qualify for the next round"?

Hoeness

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern Munich is not invincible at home and has been beaten by German clubs but it's not my job to tell u how but for Wenger to find out but but but.. he doesn't seem to care as Arsenal is a cash cow club. :biggrin:

It's a disgrace! Fans join Lineker in condemning Wenger's decision to rest key players for crunch Munich clash

By LEE BRYAN PUBLISHED: 11:14 GMT, 13 March 2013 | UPDATED: 12:17 GMT, 13 March 2013

Gary Lineker has slammed Arsene Wenger’s decision to rest several key players for tonight’s Champions League last-16 second leg tie at Bayern Munich. With the Gunners 3-1 down after the first leg at the Emirates and needing at least three goals in the Allianz Arena to progress to the quarter-finals the Arsenal boss has left first-team regulars Santi Cazorla, Theo Walcott, Wojciech Szczesny and Per Mertesacker in England.

With Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna and Lukas Podolski already missing through injury Wenger has effectively thrown in the towel, despite the club being out of the FA Cup and 24 points adrift of Manchester United at the top of the Premier League.

article-2292587-189BD219000005DC-198_634x419.jpg

Under pressure: Arsene Wenger has left several players in London

article-2292587-1899178A000005DC-476_634x351.jpg

Arsene Wenger talks ahead of Champions League clash with Bayern...

<center></center>

The Match of the Day presenter and former England striker tweeted: ‘They have no other cup competitions to worry about, why on earth would he feel the need to rest players?’ One argument is that Arsenal need to rest players as they push for fourth place and Champions League qualification for next season, but Lineker dismissed that. He tweeted: ‘Who he plays tonight will have no baring on where they finish in the league. Rotation is a myth.’

article-2292587-1898F223000005DC-581_634x398.jpg

Left behind: Santi Cazorla (above) and Theo Walcott are missing in Munich

article-2292587-1898F219000005DC-293_634x469.jpg

Another tweet read: ‘If they are injured, that’s a different matter. Top players rarely need a rest.’ Many Arsenal fans are furious with Wenger’s decision after they had already paid for the trip to Munich and tickets to the game. One disrgruntled Gunner, Ken Barkway, tweeted: ‘Its a disgrace really. It is the final proof that the club is little more than a cash cow. Glory clearly no place in the agenda.’

Cufflinks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Who dares to do a Maximilian Chua-Heng "I tok if Arsenal qualify for the next rou

No tok.
But small bet on Arsenal to go through.
They should just play helter skelter and see what happens.
Let the role/reserve players run wild.
May lose 5-1 but could also win 3-0. Anything is possible.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Who dares to do a Maximilian Chua-Heng "I tok if Arsenal qualify for the next rou

Arsenal need to score 3 mah....................if i Were Arsene, i also throw in towel................especially if Bayern use 1st team, no hope lah..............

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dropping key players will make no difference. Arsenal are damaged goods but no harm placing a small bet if the odds are high enough.
Realistically, I can't see them beating Bayern.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsene Wenger should talk brave and big, not thrown in the towel stuffs like rest key players. i think it will be a draw.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What has happened to Wenger over the past few years at Arsenal? I used to respect him as a tactical manager who knew how to pick, buy and nurture talented players.
Now, I think he has completely lost the plot. Feel sorry for Gooners.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I would love to bet but I just lost my cock this morning :(

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

What has happened to Wenger over the past few years at Arsenal? I used to respect him as a tactical manager who knew how to pick, buy and nurture talented players.

1) Cannot keep key players... Nasir, Cesc, Clichy, RVP etc.
2) His tactics, technique, methods and communication way are exposed to competitors through key players sold.
3) He seldom criticizes his players, unlike MU boss.
And so on...

Now circle of downward spiral...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal's approach is the most business-like of all the teams in the league. Objective every year is to play in Champions' League and cream the TV money etc. Emirates' seats are the most expensive of all the premier league's team: 162 sterling pounds for the regular fans. Directors are happy with him, because they get fantastic bonuses. In the meantime, a 29+% Russian shareholder is not allowed to have a board seat.

So, it is not really Arsene's fault - he is like a CEO, taking directions from the board. Nothing much he can do beyond grinning and bearing it, until his contract runs out.

jw5

Loyal

Arsenal 1-0!

No wonder Uli cover his face.

jw5

Loyal

Did u see the squad list? Assist from Walcott. :biggrin:

The one you posted? Very useful, thanks. I missed the subs list on the tv.

Hoeness

Alfrescian
Loyal

The one you posted? Very useful, thanks. I missed the subs list on the tv.

Robben went for personal glory instead of a one-two passing. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Robben went for personal glory instead of a one-two passing. :biggrin:

He's always been a selfish player, even at Chelsea and Real Madrid.
He should not be allowed to stay in this forum.

Hoeness

Alfrescian
Loyal

He's always been a selfish player, even at Chelsea and Real Madrid.
He should not be allowed to stay in this forum.

Wow boring low scoring game. Disappointing performance from Bayern Munich. I have decided not to watch it till the end. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can't keep my eye open watching this game. i want ManU and RealM type of standard. But i get world cup group game standard.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1-0 up but 3-2 down on aggregate and heading out of the Champions League... Too little too late.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ok this is better. wow, how many yellow card did arsenal get? can they score one more? 0-2

Last edited: