• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who can lead this Sinkie land into next chapter after LKY

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peoples' Power have been absent for the last 50 years!

If you have institutions for checks and balance, you don't need street protest to bring about change.

Any system could be manipulated by politicians and office holders.
We still need people/ citizens to be politically aware, and come out when in need.
Alternatively, we need independent NGOs to counter check all politicians and office holders.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any system could be manipulated by politicians and office holders.
We still need people/ citizens to be politically aware, and come out when in need.
Alternatively, we need independent NGOs to counter check all politicians and office holders.

You can built in that many check and balances that it will take lots of money and effort to manipulate the system. Independent NGOs and press must be part of the institutions in the system.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be a leader, one needs to be a warrior and also must be klever .....:o

I beg to differ about warrior statement.
There were many world leaders who did not fight, but put their compassion and love for the people, societies, environment, etc.

However, I agree that political leader shall be a warrior...

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah sure and you never know how things may turn out if by fluke Tin Pei Ling becomes PM. how in the first place she becomes MP bewilders me?????

How about Nicole Seah!
Her compassion and love for commoners should have countless merits.
Let surrounded hr with able and efficient thinkers and policy makers...
Then, she could well be a good leader, pulling the mass into next chapter of S'pore success.

Last edited: