• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who are the Andriod users here?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap, yes you were right! A few others from Android website also told me this. Its the DLink firmware. I downloaded the latest copy from DLink website and upload to the router. Now Galaxy Tab can detect router. Thanks for your help. :smile:

:smile:

Happy for you the problem is over.

D-link I had to flash one of these router before, 2 years ago, to solve some problems, but I can not remember what issue was it. Each of these router boxes are miniature embedded Linux system, running RAM booted from internal flash memories (firmware) which users can download and update them. :wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
What version android you using. The 1st version, 2.0 I think, uses a lot of power. Gingerbread is suppose to solve the power consumption problem.

My phone is running Andriod 2.2.1 with Linux kernel 2.6.32.9 not Gingerbread. Software can optimise only upto certain level of power, by minimising their own CPU cycle wastage. Ultimately it is chipset silicon on the phone that counts, based on the wafer process that the chips is made of. E.g. 22nm 32nm 45nm or 65nm.

The newer the technology batch will use a smaller silicon design rule and lower core voltage that consumes less power. The next gauge on the horizon is 11nm in 2013. Currently the most advanced is 22nm mostly used for CPU & RAM. When 11nm replace 22nm we will find higher speed and less power consumption (less heat).

The smaller the silicon the less power is used hence less heat produce and less battery consumption. But then the engineers will always clock them at higher speed to boost performance, which is at the price of higher heat and power consumption again. The engineering game here is balancing these factors.