• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which stupid idiot in LTA design the roads ?

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are going to MBS from the east, taking ECP, you exit Central Bvld Road. And you have to go one bloody big round to get to MBS after the exit !!!

What are they trying to prove ? :mad:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha ha.............if not how to design???
There is big canal and expressway blocking.

Toyotomi

Marina Coastal Expressway or MCE ?

construction_of_marina.MainPar.0010.Image.gif
construction_of_marina.MainPar.0030.Image.gif

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are going to MBS from the east, taking ECP, you exit Central Bvld Road. And you have to go one bloody big round to get to MBS after the exit !!!

This is not the only booboo. Last week I had to bring some foreign friends to the Mandai Zoo. I used SLE/Mandai Rd to get to the zoo. Easy and straightforward. But to exit, I had to come out to Mandai Rd, enter a slip road, then drive along Woodlands Ave 2 then make a U turn to enter the SLE. Confusing. We have such idiots in SLA!!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The idiots are trying to tell daft Sinkie that if one were to gamble ( like attempting tk reach MBS or trying to get out from there) one would find that a gambler's life just goes ROUND & ROUND in a vicious cycle like gambling similiar to those roads!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
With your feed back, I think LTA may built a direct route to the Zoo , after all the Pandas are at the Zoo. However, next time if ever there's a next time, you may want to exit upper Thomson road, go all the way to mandai road , turn left at the Junction of mandai road and sembawang road(the sembawang airbase)go all the way straight and you would pass the mandai columbarium and seletar reservoir. tada you would reach the zoo. voice navigation ends

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not the only booboo. Last week I had to bring some foreign friends to the Mandai Zoo. I used SLE/Mandai Rd to get to the zoo. Easy and straightforward. But to exit, I had to come out to Mandai Rd, enter a slip road, then drive along Woodlands Ave 2 then make a U turn to enter the SLE. Confusing. We have such idiots in SLA!!
Why are you driving such a convoluted route? Suggest you read the map first and don't use apple map.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you driving such a convoluted route? Suggest you read the map first and don't use apple map.

Googlemaps says the same thing. There is no quick way to get back to SLE coming back from the zoo. LTA is run by a bunch of clowns. Road are named with no rhyme or reason. Turns into Expressways are so tight, sometimes with single lanes. No wonder so many large signboards there asking for witnesses to fatal accidents.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Googlemaps says the same thing. There is no quick way to get back to SLE coming back from the zoo. LTA is run by a bunch of clowns. Road are named with no rhyme or reason. Turns into Expressways are so tight, sometimes with single lanes. No wonder so many large signboards there asking for witnesses to fatal accidents.

people should learn to read map on their own without using GPS guidance. There are clearly more direct ways to get from zoo to SLE. No need to even get anywhere near woodlands ave 2. Criticism on the government has to make sense, otherwise it is yet another pap ib disguised effort to discredit online forums.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I assume you wanted to access the southbound route of the SLE after your zoo visit? you don't have to travel north just to go back south.

At the zoo/mandai rd junction, turn right and travel along the bigger mandai rd. Then turn right to the smaller mandai rd (where you can see the seletar reservoir on your right). Travel all the way to the end of the road and turn right to upper thomson road. Drive past shell station and the yong tau foo* shophouse until you see the SLE (CTE) entrance. Turn left to access SLE southbound.

*Oh yes, there is a shop selling delicious Ampang yong tau foo at 928 upper thomson road after the shell station.

Last edited:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
people should learn to read map on their own without using GPS guidance. There are clearly more direct ways to get from zoo to SLE. No need to even get anywhere near woodlands ave 2. Criticism on the government has to make sense, otherwise it is yet another pap ib disguised effort to discredit online forums.

Don't shoot off your mouth. If you think there is a better way, say so lah.

Anyway, have been going to Zoo for donkey years. Favorite way back is via Upper Thomson road. Would rather miss the overpriced Khek run Yong Tau Fools. The earlier threads is about what is the least convoluted way to get back to South Bound SLE.

As for GPS navigation, looks like you are in a dinosaur era if you are not prepared to learn new technology. Nokia, Googlemaps, Apple are all into satellite navigation. Its one of the essential kit for a keen backpacker.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't shoot off your mouth. If you think there is a better way, say so lah.

Anyway, have been going to Zoo for donkey years. Favorite way back is via Upper Thomson road. Would rather miss the overpriced Khek run Yong Tau Fools. The earlier threads is about what is the least convoluted way to get back to South Bound SLE.

As for GPS navigation, looks like you are in a dinosaur era if you are not prepared to learn new technology. Nokia, Googlemaps, Apple are all into satellite navigation. Its one of the essential kit for a keen backpacker.
You are clearly an idiot who shoots from the hip. Go compare the recommended routes of satnav and the real maps. The original complaint was certainly wrong, and you added on to that error without even reading a map and checking your facts. I suspect you are either a foreigner or Pes E chao keng who does not even know how the compass work.