• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Rubber Is The Best - how to choose a good and suitable rubber

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The rubber are new, surprising it's very quiet for a sports tyre. Did a turn into another highway at 125km/h which I normally do at 110, no problem at all. Today not rain so not tested on wet road.

See here this is why I say I need better tyres cos it'll be safer. Driving along Charong Rat highway towards downtown. Everyone is traveling at high speed as this is the habit.

]

That's a great heads up display. What car is that?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
As the host, it is my responsibility to make the most well informed and balanced comments in this forum on all subjects.

When it comes to politics, my lack of bias is legendary. I stick to the facts and make level headed judgements and avoid allowing emotions to cloud my responses.

U mean u suck PAP cock?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I trust my car's VDIM (Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management) system integrating ABS braking, stability, traction and even steering and other stuff improving response time to safety. Saved me a few times.

Wah, u own Lexus ah? Nice. GS model izzit?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah, u own Lexus ah? Nice. GS model izzit?

Yes I've been driving this car model since in Singapore, hehehehe one of those first to order the GS 3rd gen even before seeing the car in Singapore, was a good decision never regret. My current 4th gen I'm not so happy, been driving more than a year and a half. Always love the RX so never do without this workhorse. The current facelift model is great better than the one before.

Coming back to tires the current RX comes with the Dunlop Sport 270 which I'm very happy with as even though the SUV is high this true grips like glue.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes I've been driving this car model since in Singapore, hehehehe one of those first to order the GS 3rd gen even before seeing the car in Singapore, was a good decision never regret. My current 4th gen I'm not so happy, been driving more than a year and a half. Always love the RX so never do without this workhorse. The current facelift model is great better than the one before.

Coming back to tires the current RX comes with the Dunlop Sport 270 which I'm very happy with as even though the SUV is high this true grips like glue.

I suggest that you go to the American website called www.tirerack.com. U enter the size of your tires or the model of your vehicle and it will show u all the brands available under that size. It includes professional and user reviews of the tires, and u can pick the one that u want. Some may not be sold in Thailand, but I think most are.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I suggest that you go to the American website called www.tirerack.com. U enter the size of your tires or the model of your vehicle and it will show u all the brands available under that size. It includes professional and user reviews of the tires, and u can pick the one that u want. Some may not be sold in Thailand, but I think most are.

Thanks buddy. I will certainly do that for my next purchase. Already bookmarked the site.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
My rubber had done 36,000km so far and I am planning to change them. How does one choose a good tyre? Currently this Dunlop comes with the car and I am not so happy with it as during rain and wet condition I tend to have this "don't feel safe and no confidence while cornering" feeling. I guess it slipped a few times when condition was wet.

I have been using Michelin PS2 and Primacy 2 previously and I have to say I like them, now Michelin has PS3 and Primacy 3. However since I am planning to change I thought I like to hear from some of your views. My concern to choose a new type is good road holding in wet condition (its raining season now and most of you know how its like here when it rains) and the other thing I am looking for is quietness. I know from past experience good road holding will be noise while quiet rubber are not good in wet condition as there is a tradeoff. So far I find PS2 is very well balanced and I liked it but if there is another choice I will go for it.

One thing for sure I have no idea now to read the specs:

Michelin PS3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PILOT_SPORT_3.html

Michelin Primacy 3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PRIMACY_3_ST.html

I used the SportMaxx TT on a big RWD sedan and they gripped great both in dry and wet... much better than the CSC3 they replaced. The CSC3 were smooth, cossetting and comfortable, but that is not what we want here in this thread... we want grip in dry and wet. I love to pedal down and accelerate out of corners and the apex of curves (as God had intended for this brand of RWD sedan) with DTC and ESP totally switched off. And the rear traction has NEVER broken loose, even in the wet. Testament to the sticky qualities and thread design of the SportMaxx TT.

Now, I drive an AWD coupe and I use Pirelli P Zero "AO" all around. Fantastic grip in all weather! But not sure if it is due to tyres or due to the AWD and the centre differential.

I am sure tyres such as the Pilot Super Sport are "better" in terms of traction, wear, and top speed. But they cost almost twice as much as the SportMaxx or the P Zero. If I do runs up and down the autobahn every day, rain, snow or shine, then perhaps I may opt for the PSS. But we are in Singapore, top legal speed 90 km/h. Hence I feel that SportMaxx or P Zero are good enough.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using Pilot Super Sport. Much better than PS3 in terms of dry and wet grip, traction and handling.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
My rubber had done 36,000km so far and I am planning to change them. How does one choose a good tyre? Currently this Dunlop comes with the car and I am not so happy with it as during rain and wet condition I tend to have this "don't feel safe and no confidence while cornering" feeling. I guess it slipped a few times when condition was wet.

I have been using Michelin PS2 and Primacy 2 previously and I have to say I like them, now Michelin has PS3 and Primacy 3. However since I am planning to change I thought I like to hear from some of your views. My concern to choose a new type is good road holding in wet condition (its raining season now and most of you know how its like here when it rains) and the other thing I am looking for is quietness. I know from past experience good road holding will be noise while quiet rubber are not good in wet condition as there is a tradeoff. So far I find PS2 is very well balanced and I liked it but if there is another choice I will go for it.

One thing for sure I have no idea now to read the specs:

Michelin PS3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PILOT_SPORT_3.html

Michelin Primacy 3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PRIMACY_3_ST.html

on P3... no mistake. you want dry or moist pussy anytime.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I used the SportMaxx TT on a big RWD sedan and they gripped great both in dry and wet... much better than the CSC3 they replaced. The CSC3 were smooth, cossetting and comfortable, but that is not what we want here in this thread... we want grip in dry and wet. I love to pedal down and accelerate out of corners and the apex of curves (as God had intended for this brand of RWD sedan) with DTC and ESP totally switched off. And the rear traction has NEVER broken loose, even in the wet. Testament to the sticky qualities and thread design of the SportMaxx TT.

Now, I drive an AWD coupe and I use Pirelli P Zero "AO" all around. Fantastic grip in all weather! But not sure if it is due to tyres or due to the AWD and the centre differential.

I am sure tyres such as the Pilot Super Sport are "better" in terms of traction, wear, and top speed. But they cost almost twice as much as the SportMaxx or the P Zero. If I do runs up and down the autobahn every day, rain, snow or shine, then perhaps I may opt for the PSS. But we are in Singapore, top legal speed 90 km/h. Hence I feel that SportMaxx or P Zero are good enough.

I was happy with the SportMaxx for probably the first 15,000km started to hydroplane during rain even at low speed of 90km/h could be due to the type of rain in Thailand. Was finally torn between Michelin's PSS and PS3 but a few reviews stated that PSS could be noisier than PS3 this is the reason I finally chose the PS3 as this car is rather quiet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wah. the freeway in thighland is rather empty. :eek:

During certain time of the day the pay toll highways are like this. So this is why we speed and even if there is a highway police going at 100-120km/h one could drive pass them at 130km/h without any worry they don't really care.