• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's the moral of the story?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

M’sian Fears Telling GF To Split Bills For Food & Ends Up Drowning In RM27K In Credit Card Debt​

"Would a man like me be considered a failure?"

Kirthanah Devan
KIRTHANAH DEVAN

APRIL 11, 2023

M'sian fears telling gf to split bills for food & ends up drowning in rm27k in credit card debt | weirdkaya
Cover image via Freepik

In most relationships, one way to foster a deeper level of closeness and intimacy is having a meal with each other. But who exactly should be paying for it?​

A man recently took to Facebook to share how his unwillingness to tell his girlfriend to split the bill caused him to be in financial trouble.

‘I feel bad to tell her’​

In an anonymous post shared on XUAN Play’s Facebook page, the man said that he has been with his girlfriend for more than two years and they often spend a lot on food.
We often eat at cafes, hotpot and BBQ restaurants, where we spend at least RM200 per meal.
“Apart from that, we would also go for vacations for 2-3 days whenever there was a long holiday,” he wrote.

Although these expenses began to take a toll on the man’s financial state, he was hesitant to tell his girlfriend that he was unable to maintain the lifestyle.

“I wanted to tell her to split the bill but as her boyfriend, I feel bad to tell her this so I’ll always pay for everything.”

Left with RM27k in credit card debt​

A year later, the man realised that his debt had increased over time and the high interest rate was causing him to lose sleep.

I’ve always wanted to explain to her about it but the thought of her sad expression and the possibility of her breaking up with me makes me afraid.
“I now am RM27,000 in credit card debt and I don’t dare to tell anyone about it. Would a man like me be considered a failure?” he asked.

Netizens urge him to come clean with GF​

In the comment section, a majority of netizens were sympathetic towards the man’s dilemma and suggested that he be honest with his girlfriend about his situation.
“You shouldn’t have spent so much money at the start. If your finances aren’t doing well you should come clean. If she truly loves you, she will understand.”

M'sian fears telling gf to split bills for food & ends up drowning in rm27k in credit card debt comment 1
Screenshot via FB/XUAN Play

“Just be honest with her. If she understands after you tell her the truth, then both of you can continue the relationship. If you’re still afraid, breaking up is the best option.”

M'sian fears telling gf to split bills for food & ends up drowning in rm27k in credit card debt comment 2

“How long can an unhealthy relationship last? Don’t prolong the pain any longer.”

M'sian fears telling gf to split bills for food & ends up drowning in rm27k in credit card debt comment 3

Poor Guy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is really silly to overspend on women and sometimes it is good to say NO MONEY ...

Say NO to wrong people that you meet in your life :smile: