• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's the law on polygamy?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw the thread on dual passports. Thot I'll start one for dual marriage certs :biggrin:

What's the law against polygamy? I know the law prohibits it. But what if:

You register for one wife in S'pore. You register for another in another country. That country makes a check with S'pore embassy and finds out you are married here. Will they report? Or in the first place, will they check? I'm talking about 3rd world countries like Vietnam, Thailand and Indo here.

If you are caught. What's the penalty? Jail or fine or both?

Will you be forced to annul one marriage, or after the penalty, eyes are closed? As long as you don't register in S'pore for the second one.

Any lawyer bros here who can care to comment?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw the thread on dual passports. Thot I'll start one for dual marriage certs :biggrin:

You register for one wife in S'pore. You register for another in another country. That country makes a check with S'pore embassy and finds out you are married here. Will they report? Or in the first place, will they check? I'm talking about 3rd world countries like Vietnam, Thailand and Indo here.

Will you be forced to annul one marriage, or after the penalty, eyes are closed? As long as you don't register in S'pore for the second one.

"Son, Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
(And when he died) All he left us was ALONE."
"Papa was a rolling stone, my son.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
(And when he died) All he left us was ALONE."

............. in the past era, up to the 1960's, Chinese businessmen take pride in the number of wives & concubines they have, it was the measure of success...

you have more than one wife in SINgapore today...AWARE will made you AWARE of the Woman's Charter...and be AWARE that Josie and her pussycats will come down hard on you...they will sing ' Get down on it... get down on it"...:p

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know about 3rd world countries....but i have an ex-colleague who did exactly what you described, with the 2nd wife in China. Chinese govt found out and he's now serving 2nd year of 3 yr sentence in China jail.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont know about 3rd world countries....but i have an ex-colleague who did exactly what you described, with the 2nd wife in China. Chinese govt found out and he's now serving 2nd year of 3 yr sentence in China jail.

he is in the wrong religion.
either muslim or us citizen in some state where no one will bother to catch you.

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro,
Why get married, when you can just live together, and if feel the need to get hitch, then get divorce first.:rolleyes:

My humble two cents.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
usually a fine and sometimes a jail term if found out....

places such as Vietnam requires one to have a notarised single status from the authorities,,,

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious, how the hell did Chinese govt find out? Who let his aeroplane fly? KWIM?

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the two wives?

btw, it is not easy to handle one woman, let alone two; they either fight or they gang up on you
either you haven't found the right woman/women or you haven't learnt the skills to handle them. remember women are very instinctive and sensitive creatures, men can't beat them in this department...