• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What would make you STAY??

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
We've seen countless threads on migrating and how to migrate, so let's twist this thing around, for the sake of National Day.

What would make you change your mind and STAY in singapore, and raise your children here?

For me, these are the biggest factors. There are some smaller ones but I'll look for these 1st.

- PAP and Lees must be banished from govt and charged. Real democracy must prevail.

- get rid of most foreigners, population reduce to 3.5 mil.

- guaranteed human rights and free speech

- No NS and reservist.

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A second passport :biggrin:

Prior to 1997, Hongkies need a second passport for backup in order to continue to stay in HK :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
for me, it's the bloody weather and the NS. reservists... :mad:

actually i dun mind NS but if i have to wear the green cloth for sinkieland who is run by those fake sinkie minister. Then i can't. Need the whole lot of them to be out then i will protect. or else they just see my middle finger.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
my family and friends are mostly here. I am not sure why I should leave.

I think for the most of us, we WANT to stay.

For me, I'm not sure of the stability of the political system. The people in power don't show that they have the long term interests of the citizens in mind. The govt owns S'pore, not her citizens.

Too much economy-building instead of nation-building insomuch so that citizens are dispensible. More of a Monaco than a Swiss type of life. It doesn't matter if the inhabitants are citizens or not, as long as they contribute to the economy by way of jobs or investments. There's no value tagged to citizenship.

Because of this, I reason that if this country doesn't treat you as a citizen with ownership of the country, there's no difference which part of the world you are in. We stay because it's our home. If it's just a house, not a home, any house will do.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2 cents;

1. Minimum - a 2 party system
  2. Clear separation of powers between judiciary and government with independent voice in nomination committees
  3. Focus on assimilating the races and moving towards nationhood and a tangible national identity
  4. Build a first class Immigration & Relocation Policy to identify and attract new citizens
  5. Ensure that all citizens are apt in conversational malay as part of our heritage makeup and to fit into the regional dynamics for economic and social cohesion
  6. Move towards an egalitarian society with appropriate taxation and social welfare policies
  7. Stop the divisions between the races based on the self-help crap

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Very well crafted points, very much agree this will serve as good foundation for stepping forward.

Looks like you are back to your old self. Cheers!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good wish but I would change "assimilating" to "integrating".

My 2 cents;

1. Minimum - a 2 party system
  2. Clear separation of powers between judiciary and government with independent voice in nomination committees
  3. Focus on assimilating the races and moving towards nationhood and a tangible national identity
  4. Build a first class Immigration & Relocation Policy to identify and attract new citizens
  5. Ensure that all citizens are apt in conversational malay as part of our heritage makeup and to fit into the regional dynamics for economic and social cohesion
  6. Move towards an egalitarian society with appropriate taxation and social welfare policies
  7. Stop the divisions between the races based on the self-help crap

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
abolish NS. If not better siam , else oneday this social time bomb will exlpode and all FT will rounded up and shot like shook chin incident.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think for the most of us, we WANT to stay.

Too much economy-building instead of nation-building insomuch so that citizens are dispensible..

it is nation building thingy that kills sg lar. Things like NS and NDP can do without.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread might be more appropriately named as "What would make Singapore a better place to stay?"

For many, either leaving isn’t an option or there aren’t enough push factors yet. However the all-important first step must be for LKY and PAP to go. All other policy changes will only come about after a regime change.

------------------------------
We've seen countless threads on migrating and how to migrate, so let's twist this thing around, for the sake of National Day.

What would make you change your mind and STAY in singapore, and raise your children here?

For me, these are the biggest factors. There are some smaller ones but I'll look for these 1st.

- PAP and Lees must be banished from govt and charged. Real democracy must prevail.

- No NS and reservist.

------------

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
actually i dun mind NS but if i have to wear the green cloth for sinkieland who is run by those fake sinkie minister. Then i can't. Need the whole lot of them to be out then i will protect. or else they just see my middle finger.

heheh... we don't need to go into the detail, do we? :biggrin:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

- No NS and reservist.

The answer is NOTHING!

Plans are afoot to ensure my next generation gets out of Singapore.

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
1)PAP cease to be the government of the day.
2)Economic union with Malaysia and Indonesia.
3)35 hour work week
4)Guaranteed pension at 65
5)Abolish NS