• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what would life be in singapore after lau lee?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
my very cheem loctor pal is full of apprehension. he said that pinky the clown just couldn't make it without papa. he's in fact preparing to quit Singapore and has already bought a prime property elsewhere.

are you anxious when the immortal old man is finally canonized as a god as in kuanyew god of the merciless opposite goddess of mercy kuanyin?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It will be hell. Singapore will go into a downward spiral and will never recover.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
why in the world would a 90yo blank blank blur blur goyong goyong immortal old man still bother about getting a "dr" or a loctor title? nicer to add to his as:

DR IMMORTAL OLDMAN
the oldest loctor bequeathed to someone near death

those nus lembus must be very free and having nothing much to do and dying to carry the heaviest balls for probably the last time.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Life will go on as per normal. LKY has not made an impact for many years now, hence we see the badly thought policies and haphazard implementation. The only difference is we will have an additional holiday and a new memorial shrine as tourist attraction.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's rewind a bit....

before the ascent of the pink dragon, he made an unnecessary "personal" trip to Taiwan only to have china breathing down our neck. after much dunno what explanation, we had Taiwan breathing down our nostril and humiliating sgp as "a pee sai" and henceforth we are known to Taiwan as peesailand.

I m very curious about his unnecessary "PERSONAL" trip to Taiwan which offended 2 Chinese countries consecutively.

without papa, I shudder to think who else pinky's gonna offend. things like u wanna smoke in shanghai, just open the window....and if u want bak kut soup just turn on their tap.

on the local front, who can ever forget his blur like fuck meesiam mai hum. probably was eating laksa but couldn't differentiate that from mee siam cos both were reddish gravy.

I really shudder when papa is no longer around to spaik him properly when saying the wrong things. :p

birdie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to watch standup comedy, just turn on Mediacorp channel when Loong is speaking on the the National Day rally.

let's rewind a bit....

before the ascent of the pink dragon, he made an unnecessary "personal" trip to Taiwan only to have china breathing down our neck. after much dunno what explanation, we had Taiwan breathing down our nostril and humiliating sgp as "a pee sai" and henceforth we are known to Taiwan as peesailand.

I m very curious about his unnecessary "PERSONAL" trip to Taiwan which offended 2 Chinese countries consecutively.

without papa, I shudder to think who else pinky's gonna offend. things like u wanna smoke in shanghai, just open the window....and if u want bak kut soup just turn on their tap.

on the local front, who can ever forget his blur like fuck meesiam mai hum. probably was eating laksa but couldn't differentiate that from mee siam cos both were reddish gravy.

I really shudder when papa is no longer around to spaik him properly when saying the wrong things. :p

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shall be very sad if he goes before papees are arrested, accounts frozen and
thrown in jail(waiting to be burned eternally in HELLS).....

how unfair it would be for the nation!

REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life will go on as per normal. LKY has not made an impact for many years now, hence we see the badly thought policies and haphazard implementation. The only difference is we will have an additional holiday and a new memorial shrine as tourist attraction.

Some people claim that LKY did a good job. Is this really true:confused:
An fair & critical assessment of how well Spore was/is run will only be possible when we the public gets a look at the books

For all we know Spore may be running a large deficit:confused:.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree that nothing will change -- which means that we will continue the current downward trajectory that we have been experiencing, with weak leadership and indecision crippling the government.

LKY, despite his many flaws, was the only true politician left in the government after the likes of Toh Chin Chye, Rajaratnam, Goh Keng Swee etc and then Tan Cheng Bock, Tan Soo Khoon and his friends were systematically culled and replaced. The current cabinet is full of technocrats, civil servants and pen pushers who have no idea what it means to be a politician. Even Khaw Boon Wan who is the PAP's current chairman (!!!) admitted that he is not a politician, and he says that as if it is a good thing.

The vast majority of the cabinet is made up of former scholars, former PPS'es and former military men. They are experts at pen pushing, cover ups, and writing theoretical papers. But they absolutely suck at implementation and they are totally hopeless in terms of constructing and then selling a vision. If Singapore continues down this path, and remains as an administrative state, then we are done for.

What needs to happen for things to change is a SPLIT within the PAP. Some say that this could happen after LKY's death, with potentially Goh Chok Tong leading a faction of his supporters like Lim Boon Heng and George Yeo back into the fray. That was once a plausible scenario but now all of Goh's supporters have been removed as well, including Goh himself.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A prudent thing to do id to avoid putting too much in one basket. You should diversify.

That time I was told that SGS Bonds is much safer than any Bank in SG. They say if Bank crash does not mean SGS will crash. But SGS crash all Bank will crash. I also not sure so I just dump all into SGS. Now just hope Lee empire will stay in power to avoid any risk.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
That time I was told that SGS Bonds is much safer than any Bank in SG. They say if Bank crash does not mean SGS will crash. But SGS crash all Bank will crash. I also not sure so I just dump all into SGS. Now just hope Lee empire will stay in power to avoid any risk.

It is precisely because of this type of mentality that Singapore will never see any substantial change.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I say diversify it includes moving funds out of Spore.
Better to be safe than sorry.

I initially did it for the better returns. However with the last leaf ready to croak one never knows if some skeletons will surface when he ups the lorry e.g. no money in the CPF