• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What tool box to get ? Black & Decker or Bosch ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG! We could well be classmates then. My friends and I would go up the bus and try our best not to pay bus fare. Just one-stop only. 90% success rate. Too lazy to walk down.

Walao, same modus operandi leh. I also beo fully packed bus to drop me at Whitley for free. But unlikely to have met you because different era.

Aiya, 本是同根生,相煎何太急.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG! We could well be classmates then. My friends and I would go up the bus and try our best not to pay bus fare. Just one-stop only. 90% success rate. Too lazy to walk down.

Only 1 bus stop away lah.

Since it was too early for classes would sometimes go elsewhere like the nearby Orchid Inn for lunch, or go to Orchard Rd area & pass the time there with some friends.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have zero experience. I just need to drill holes in wall to hand curtains or pictures. 7V enough ?

In SG, if you talk about wall, it'll mean concrete, especially HDB flats.

I believe we don't have wooden house.

That means you need at least a impact drill or hammer drill.

Forget about the 3.7v drill.

That is for just screwing around only...

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
In SG, if you talk about wall, it'll mean concrete, especially HDB flats.

I believe we don't have wooden house.

That means you need at least a impact drill or hammer drill.

Forget about the 3.7v drill.

That is for just screwing around only...

So this one is impact or hammer ? Can make it or not ?

E2zJQiEtbW8SSZOSfeMduK4QS0kDXzsC.jpg

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bosch is the best.

Made in Germany!

My headlights keep blowing up until i bought twice as expensive Bosch bulbs.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sick of the attitude of the handyman. Some of them very sialan.

I think I must retrieve the skills that I learned fortnightly from technical skills attachments at Swiss Cottage when I was Sec 3 and Sec 4 - metal and wood.

Okay, there are so many toolboxes available in the market. For one that can drill holes in the wall, what should I get ? Is 3.6V type enough ?

Get the cheaper version of hammer drill n a handful of suitable drill bits in case they snaps.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So this one is impact or hammer ? Can make it or not ?

E2zJQiEtbW8SSZOSfeMduK4QS0kDXzsC.jpg

This one doesn't look like impact nor hammer to me.

Usually on those impact/hammer drill, you'll have a switch on it to select for normal screwing or wall drilling.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
AEG 12V LI-ION SDS+ ROTARY HAMMER, BBH12LI
~$400. Enough for you to drill concrete wall. Wireless..:p

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup and mine was at Swiss Cottage Sec along Dunearn Rd. The minahs at Swiss Cottage were on par with those at Anderson Sec.

I also had workshop classes at Swiss Cottage. Workshop classes were enjoyable for me as I get to make things. We had woodwork and metalwork. For woodwork classes, I remember we made a letter-box, a wooden tray and a wooden pen holder. For metalwork, I can only remember we made a small hammer with a wooden handle, and a hinge. I recall that we had to buy and wear a dark blue apron for workshop classes and and that apron also double as protection during lab classes.

After workshop classes, I will usually have a quick lunch at the tuckshop at Swiss Cottage before walking down to school just down the road towards Newton Circus.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bosch is the best.

Made in Germany!

My headlights keep blowing up until i bought twice as expensive Bosch bulbs.

Lots of Bosch tools are now made in China same their drill bits too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mine is made in Germany! :-)

That is very very good. It lasts forever only need to change carbon brushes.

There are some European brands still made by themselves which are very good but not available here, guess they will not be able to compete.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. DeWalt is preferred by professional tradesmen, and is built for real work. The only thing I know that justifies its higher cost is that it is "double-insulated" when compared to its B&D cousin. But for us home DIYs and hobbyists Black and Decker is cool enough. I even have their portable/adjustable workbench (never used).

Cheers!

DeWalt is professional grade tool pedigree. It was sold to B & D in the 60s.

B & D now use the DeWalt brand for the professional trade market. DeWalt is to B & D what Lexus is to Toyota. It's market segmentation. DeWalt is far more expensive and is of a higher quality.