• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does this sort of news say about India?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately I'm not in India right now, spent 2 weeks there 2 months ago(including a few days in Delhi). Now back in SG(thank goodness). Won't be going back till Nov(too soon for my liking).

LOL from this i can infer that you did not enjoy your stay over there at all whatsoever and in fact dread the coming of november. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look into my eyes

Relax, Look into my eyes. your room is clean, your toilet is clean, the food is clean, the bridge is safe, this is the best games village ever, much better than beijing.

Indian-performers-dance-d-001.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sleep so much better with thousand of voltage under my head

Oh. Everyone should try this. I can sleep much better near high voltage cable. The Electro magnetic wave give my brain a good massage, and help me to sleep.

700_image_5.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mummy Mummy, i want to...

Mummy mummy, i want to watch legend of the guardian, the owls of ga'hoole in 3d imax!!! Oh ok, but first use the shovel and dig a hole.

7.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not afraid, i will protect you from the paki commando terrorists

Fear not, i will protect you from the paki terrorists, my tummy will block AK-47 bullets.

700_image_4.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, yes put that barrier here. that will stop any terrorists vehicle from coming in

Yes, yes put that red hindu magic barrier here. that will stop any terrorists vehicle from coming in. stopping them dead in the track.

500x350.jpg

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL from this i can infer that you did not enjoy your stay over there at all whatsoever and in fact dread the coming of november. :biggrin:

Let me put it this way, my American colleague joked that sending him to India is like a punishment!!!

The best way I can describe the country is, its a freaking train wreck.

The country is as amazing as it is amusing and U will vomit blood everytime U need to work with a local vendor. U ask for 10 items, they will promise U 12 and U'd be happy if they just deliver 1!!!!

My main problem there is food. India food is actually very nice but when U have to eat the same damn thing 3 meals a day for 2 - 3 weeks, that's a freaking problem

The worse part is after this year, my schedule is to visit India 4 times next year :mad::mad::mad:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me put it this way, my American colleague joked that sending him to India is like a punishment!!!

The best way I can describe the country is, its a freaking train wreck.

The country is as amazing as it is amusing and U will vomit blood everytime U need to work with a local vendor. U ask for 10 items, they will promise U 12 and U'd be happy if they just deliver 1!!!!

My main problem there is food. India food is actually very nice but when U have to eat the same damn thing 3 meals a day for 2 - 3 weeks, that's a freaking problem

The worse part is after this year, my schedule is to visit India 4 times next year :mad::mad::mad:

Eat the food? :eek: Did you suffer from any doubts of diareherrea or dysentry ect?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're really careful like me, all U get is a few trips to the toilet per day rather then Diarrhea

But seriously I advise everyone to visit India at least once in their life just to experience how much of a train wreck a country can be and how odd their culture is. U will be 1,000,000% more grateful at being SGrean then being born in India

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: oh the rainbow made the collapse bridge - aka combat engineer bridge look so much

my condolence for you to be assigned combat engineer. mine easiler, only dig trench.

it is supposed to be suspension bridge, now it has beams for support, means the road is narrower. and what about the height? what happen if big truck smash into the bridge, then what?

Baily bridges are very strong, you can leave it as it is for years....
The bridge itself consist of many pieces that are connected by small panel pins. It is all steel and very heavy.
But... if a big truck do smash into those pillars, it will bend.... the bridge may have to be dismantled. I don't think it will collapse though.
Hope this helps....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're really careful like me, all U get is a few trips to the toilet per day rather then Diarrhea

But seriously I advise everyone to visit India at least once in their life just to experience how much of a train wreck a country can be and how odd their culture is. U will be 1,000,000% more grateful at being SGrean then being born in India

Yes i understand that shitland and singapore is like hell and heaven. That's plain obvious. India is not called the africa of asia for nothing.

Thank god there are many other countries around the region that one can live in or go for a good holiday. Oz, malaysia, thailand and so on. There's no need to even set foot in shitland.

If the day ever comes where i want to get an experience i'll never forget and i feel pretty masochistic i'll go to india.

Btw which region of india is the best and the worst?

I mean delhi is the capital and it has like the worst slum in asia situated over there. How about madras or chennai which is where most of the local kelings come from?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
750x.jpg

780x.jpg

Nagaland police personnel stand guard near the Commonwealth Games headquarters in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
780x.jpg

Indian security force personnel stand guard on a road in New Delhi September 29, 2010. India put tens of thousands of police on the streets and the air force on high alert ahead of possible violence when a court on Thursday rules on a century-old religious dispute between Hindus and Muslims.​

simpsons

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i understand that shitland and singapore is like hell and heaven. That's plain obvious. India is not called the africa of asia for nothing.

Thank god there are many other countries around the region that one can live in or go for a good holiday. Oz, malaysia, thailand and so on. There's no need to even set foot in shitland.

If the day ever comes where i want to get an experience i'll never forget and i feel pretty masochistic i'll go to india.

Btw which region of india is the best and the worst?

I mean delhi is the capital and it has like the worst slum in asia situated over there. How about madras or chennai which is where most of the local kelings come from?

I think the best place is Goa. Many foreign tourists go there. I have been to Kolkata, Chennai, Pondichery and Hyderabad and the best is Hyderabad and the worst is Kolkata. Kolkata was built by the British and used to be the capital of British India but the communist government there mess up everything.
Hyderabad looks promising, the rest is like a mess.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x680.jpg

An Indian langur monkey on a leash and its infant sit in the road near the Presidential Palace in New Delhi. Delhi authorities are to deploy a contingent of langurs -- a large type of monkey -- at Commonwealth Games venues to help chase away smaller simians from the sporting extravaganza.

720x.jpg

Civic workers put up barricades separating the pedestrian walkway and the road near the Presidential Palace, as part of preparations ahead of the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

Indian Sports Minister M.S. Gill, left, holds a vuvuzela for sale, as Commonwealth Games Organizing Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi looks on at a merchandise shop of the Commonwealth Games Village in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010.

880x.jpg

Indian Sports Minister M.S. Gill blows a vuvuzela as Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi looks on at the Commonwealth Games village in New Delhi on September 29, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x650.jpg

A Langur monkey rests on a road fence outside Talkatora stadium, one of the venues for the Commonwealth Games, in New Delhi September 29, 2010. While 100,000 security guards have been deployed to counter potential threats from militants, authorities here have turned to rented langurs to thwart any monkey threat to the Commonwealth Games starting on Sunday.

730x.jpg

A Langur monkey drinks water while sitting on a road fence outside Talkatora stadium, one of the venues for the Commonwealth Games, in New Delhi September 29, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
710x.jpg

Langur monkeys rest on road fence outside Talkatora stadium.

750x.jpg

A Langur monkey sits on the motorbike of his handler as they leave the Talkatora stadium, one of the venues for the Commonwealth Games, in New Delhi September 29, 2010.​

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: oh the rainbow made the collapse bridge - aka combat engineer bridge look so much

Baily bridges are very strong, you can leave it as it is for years....
The bridge itself consist of many pieces that are connected by small panel pins. It is all steel and very heavy.
But... if a big truck do smash into those pillars, it will bend.... the bridge may have to be dismantled. I don't think it will collapse though.
Hope this helps....

This is Singapore's last Baily standing at School of Combat Engineer as a monument. Picture taken in '87 the morning after we built it :

olbaily2.jpg

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can't comment on those cities since I've only been to Hyderabad, Delhi, Nagpur, Katni, Agra and Butibori. I'm planning to go to Mumbai and Jaipur the next time I'm there.

Haven't been to the slums but Delhi(and I heard the same of Mumbai) isnt as bad when compared to just about everywhere else in India. As far as I can tell, the city itself isn't half bad, just think of it as a lot less developed but infinite more chaotic version of Bangkok. Every other city though is a complete mess.