• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what did you buy on black friday?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i avoided walmart like the plague as that chain is notorious for attracting low lives and scums of the earth on black friday. shopped online on thanksgiving night and went to university avenue in palo alto this black friday morning for coffee and croissant. since the apple store was only half a block away, strolled in and bought myself an ipad air plus a vga adaptor. there's no black friday discount at apple but they gave a usd75 gift card. whole shopping experience happened in less than 5 mins. downloaded keynote from the app store, and just finished my slide deck....without resorting to powerpointless on microshit on a laptop that will becum history. :biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i avoided walmart like the plague as that chain is notorious for attracting low lives and scums of the earth on black friday. shopped online on thanksgiving night and went to university avenue in palo alto this black friday morning for coffee and croissant. since the apple store was only half a block away, strolled in and bought myself an ipad air plus a vga adaptor. there's no black friday discount at apple but they gave a usd75 gift card. whole shopping experience happened in less than 5 mins. downloaded keynote from the app store, and just finished my slide deck....without resorting to powerpointless on microshit on a laptop that will becum history. :biggrin:
no black friday for us....only GSS where they kick up the price 200% presale then give you a 20% discount later

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

On Nov 24, 2013, I was considering a SAMSUNG Smart LED 40 inch TV model UN40F6300, and it was Cdn$700 at an in store special, $800 on line, $800 and $900 at 2 other stores. In the evening of Nov 28, I bought at the same store pre Black Friday special for Cdn$600.

Whereas a SAMSUNG Smart LED 32 inch TV model UN32F5500 was $500 on line and $400 in store special on Nov 24, it was in store special $350 on Nov 28.

Last edited:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
We got 2 free Samsung Galaxy S4s from Best Buy online. On Thurs we saw the target and walmart ad - knew there would be mayhem over the LG 42" 1080P LED TV for $98 so skipped that. Friday hit the mall and scored some household stuff. We saved alot but it was really crowded. Next time I'm doing it all online.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course, a little bit of peace without the shits of kopiuncle and i lovesingapore

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Xmas I'll be picking up a Sony SRSBTX300 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker System & an internet radio from Amazon. In Spore the Sony product costs about $350(compared to US$98 at Amazon) & you can't even buy an internet radios here:eek: I notice that the Apple stores in Europe & the US are giving away vouchers& discounts if people buy an Apple product on Black friday. Unfortunately in Spore there's no such offer:(

Still finalizing my Xmas shopping list of all the things I'll be getting from the US. Unsurprisingly that I won't be getting anything from expensive Spore.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
black-friday-coupon.jpg

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
We got 2 free Samsung Galaxy S4s from Best Buy online. On Thurs we saw the target and walmart ad - knew there would be mayhem over the LG 42" 1080P LED TV for $98 so skipped that. Friday hit the mall and scored some household stuff. We saved alot but it was really crowded. Next time I'm doing it all online.
TV from Costco.

ftan42

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do they ship to Singapore and what is the shipping rate?

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I avoid all these sales rush events. Don't like crowds and will avoid them when I can. On weekends, I stay home and only go to places that are not popular. Some years ago I made the mistake and went with my wife to one on those "Boxing Day Sales" in Toronto and it was fucking crazy! I prefer peace and quiet.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I avoid all these sales rush events. Don't like crowds and will avoid them when I can. On weekends, I stay home and only go to places that are not popular. Some years ago I made the mistake and went with my wife to one on those "Boxing Day Sales" in Toronto and it was fucking crazy! I prefer peace and quiet.

Cheers!

You'll love NZ. The country is almost empty.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My E-pass expires in about 18 months time and I'll be returning to Canada. Don't intend to go back to Toronto, it's too crowded for my liking. Looking at some semi-rural municipalities to move into. Not in a hurry yet. Wife and me would like to travel a little more in S.E.A. before going back the N.Am. If I could turn the clock backwards, might have considered kiwiland.

Cheers!

You'll love NZ. The country is almost empty.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My E-pass expires in about 18 months time and I'll be returning to Canada. Don't intend to go back to Toronto, it's too crowded for my liking. Looking at some semi-rural municipalities to move into. Not in a hurry yet. Wife and me would like to travel a little more in S.E.A. before going back the N.Am. If I could turn the clock backwards, might have considered kiwiland.

Cheers!

Winnipeg always welcome people. We need more people.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally made it to a walmart store today, and the crowd had dissipated. the whole store was selling colorful doodads and junk. the stuff that caught my eye: colorful socks by the cartloads. customers were buying trash. america is doomed. went away empty. :rolleyes: