• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We did not have 20/20 foresight, says PM Lee

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tumblr_lx6fbo0gvc1r9n96co1_500.jpg

Take note of the sharp spike from 2005 onwards.

Please read between the lines. The PAP govt still wants a larger population, it only wished it had

In retrospect, more could have been done to get ready for a larger population, and the Government will try to do better going forward and create a greater buffer in its planning

A longer time period to increase the population by the same amount.

Analogy: slow and incremental increase of bus fares, but still an increase nonetheless.

It still desires to squeeze as many economic digits as it possibly can into this small island.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a person who doesn't even know that "Mee Siam got no hum", how do we expect him to really make an effort to understand what are the sufferings that
local S'poreans are going thru? After all these years, he still continue to act blur and only concern about having deeps pockets for himself and his "comrades" by
coming out with policies that keeps favoring the rich and foreigners.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have already taken a massive paycut. so we cannot blame them anymore la.

WP MPs so cock up as co driver, they shld really take a paycut.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said the right mechanisms have to be used and “you want to do it in such a way that people do not feel whenever you have a problem, it’s the Government which has to be blamed”.

Why he didn't asks himself: Wasn't it the government policies, constitutions and inconsideration (taken without giving any prior consultation with its citizens) are the root cause of most of the problems. They would just announce and some of them are even implemented the following day, even faster than you can finish reading this post.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Isn't he also blindsided that by fessing they lacked 20/20 foresight, they should not then be getting 20/20 top dollars in salary? What an insult! Just say Sorry and let's move on - same pay, same new normal.

... The Jap cabinet led by its PM would come out and give a long low bow in shame to the electorate ...
dat burgerz going 2 lie there n wun budge ...

his jin-gang members got no bols 2 kick him out ...

so, ze dragin-slaying job is left oni 2 ze peasants of amk ... but last erection results showed dat there r juz 2 many daft sinkies there ...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am beginning to wonder if these frequent apologising is good for the country, even if he thinks it is good for his Party and save his skin.

Isn't he also blindsided that by fessing they lacked 20/20 foresight, they should not then be getting 20/20 top dollars in salary? What an insult! Just say Sorry and let's move on - same pay, same new normal.

He would have been more convincing if he makes his Cabinet take a hefty pay cut -50% - to cover for all the cockups and missteps instead of saying sorry. The Jap cabinet led by its PM would come out and give a long low bow in shame to the electorate.

So you either do the above or come out like the Old man did - crush all dissenting voices and make a gutsy and robust defence of your actions, thump the lectern, wag his finger, scowl and squint at the camera for effect, sack some Ministers?

Either your english is superior to mine, or i am going blind. What makes u think this was an apology? Did u see the word sorry? "I apologize"? "It was my fault"? Pray, kindly point out where the apology was.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
so now that the people are totally against 6.9, wtf are they gonna do about it? guarantee us that their 2020 vision is all steady?

or when they fuck it all up nicely and then come and say sorry AGAIN?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Gay Loong lost me when he had this quote

Fewer foreign workers left for home than expected.

Excuse me, but did not MOM and ICA issue the work permits to these foreign workers? Are they not here by the grace of this govt.? AT anytime, we can revoke any work permit and ask them to go home. If fewer workers left, u fucking make the others leave until your infrastructure can handle the remaining population. what's the problem? This fucker talks like foreign workers own this country, and what to do if they don't want to leave? Unfucking believable. Is he saying their right to stay supecedes the right of Singaporeans to a better quality of life? What a cock sucker.