• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Waking up with cramps..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are many doctors in this forum. Now you know why doctors have to charge you so much. A simple leg cramp can be due to the harmless cold and it can also be caused by a fatal vein thrombosis! The doctors will have to check everything to make sure that the patient does not sue them later. That's defensive medicine.It will be very very costly....

I have cramps especially after some severe bouts of sports like running and jogging. I think hydration is very important and salt supplements are recommended. But watch your blood pressure. I think early morning cramps can be quite harmless .Make sure you have adequate hydration and maybe do some stretching before you get out of bed.

But all the causes listed by our learned brothers here are possible.So please go and consult your doctor.

Tarkett

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro fishypie,just take in more salt or isotonic drink change sleeping position it will go away.dont need see doctor yet.trust me

Tarkett

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many doctors in this forum. Now you know why doctors have to charge you so much. A simple leg cramp can be due to the harmless cold and it can also be caused by a fatal vein thrombosis! The doctors will have to check everything to make sure that the patient does not sue them later. That's defensive medicine.It will be very very costly....

I have cramps especially after some severe bouts of sports like running and jogging. I think hydration is very important and salt supplements are recommended. But watch your blood pressure. I think early morning cramps can be quite harmless .Make sure you have adequate hydration and maybe do some stretching before you get out of bed.

But all the causes listed by our learned brothers here are possible.So please go and consult your doctor.

your veins will burst n cramp in your brain

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro fishypie,just take in more salt or isotonic drink change sleeping position it will go away.dont need see doctor yet.trust me

good advice.if the cramps still persist, please...please consult your doctor. remember anything can happen ....

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from some old people that too much soya bean produce in the evening will give you cramps, don't know true or not.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to have painful cramps on my calves during sleeping time.. Sometimes I accidentally over stretched one of my legs during sleeping and one of my calves would swiftly kena this painful sharp muscle spasm.. I would just grit my teeth and bear with the pain..

Then few years later, I read somewhere that if you experienced this kind of pain on your calves, you should straightaway get up from the bed and immediately do some jumping exercise for a few minutes.. The pain on the calve will gradually decreased.. Don't laugh.. I did it and it really worked for me..

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then few years later, I read somewhere that if you experienced this kind of pain on your calves, you should straightaway get up from the bed and immediately do some jumping exercise for a few minutes.. The pain on the calve will gradually decreased.. Don't laugh.. I did it and it really worked for me..

Bro Zeddy, don't leave us in suspense, we want to know.. who did you "jump" on to provide such good relief? got FR or not? :biggrin:

joking aside, isn't jumping exercise just stretching out the cramped muscle? it's a lot easier if you just put your leg straight & pull your toes back to extend/stretch out your cramped muscle. all this jumping around in the dark, wait your neighbour think you're one of those HK ghost story hantu, lagi jialat, wake up next morning got abbot chanting at your doorstep!

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a good sign cos' I have it and is a prelude to my existing hong sip. Think a combination of lifestyle, eating habits, age and genes.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How many of you bros do ?..getting caLf cramps seems Like a norm of Late, kena at Least twice
a week.:cool:
Me think it's either the 'wind' factor or the 'saLt' factor..couLd there be any other causes to it ?

did you sleep in the missionary position?

DubLi

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of you bros do ?..getting caLf cramps seems Like a norm of Late, kena at Least twice
Me think it's either the 'wind' factor or the 'saLt' factor..couLd there be any other causes to it ?

Hi Fishy, when all else failed, I have the perfect solution to your problem. PM me. Guarantee will work!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Zeddy, don't leave us in suspense, we want to know.. who did you "jump" on to provide such good relief? got FR or not? :biggrin:

joking aside, isn't jumping exercise just stretching out the cramped muscle? it's a lot easier if you just put your leg straight & pull your toes back to extend/stretch out your cramped muscle. all this jumping around in the dark, wait your neighbour think you're one of those HK ghost story hantu, lagi jialat, wake up next morning got abbot chanting at your doorstep!

LOL.. Bro, I didn't jump onto anyone.. You just jump up and down for at least a minute to wean off the pain on the calve.. Serious.. Not kidding you.. The pain will subsides..

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

how long have u this problem?

Last edited: