• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegans vs IQ vs EQ

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with bros here that many vegans are even more cruel when treating other human beings in real life. open our eyes big to observe:

Though one swallow does not make a summer, I thought I will share this story.

I have an associate in Oz who had a vegan partner and she was a nurse. When we meet for dinner with some others, the event will be ruined by this lady who will pick a fight with the restaurant. Humans beings what they are, tend to compromise and no one picks a steak but usually pasta or some salad.

Eventually, no more dinners but late night coffee where this pair was concerned and the associate knew well why this was so.

Eventually he dropped her and one day told us a story that amazed us. His partner is a nurse that was attached to one agency that supplied nursing needs. One day he got a call from the agency that berated his partner for being irresponsible, throwing MCs, not being a team player etc. Apparently she has been blacklisted by other agencies and their attempt to help had not be reciprocated. She turned out to be one angry person.

Over time stereotypes are formed. Anyone doing business in Japan will know that you will not get a straight answer especially if it is a "no" . Just can see the picture forming where vegans are concerned.

Anyway, rather than sit still, I now step into an argument when I see a vegan giving a hardtime to a service staff. I don't yell but politely ask them to handle themselves better and to treat other humans being with respect. The good thing is rare and infrequent but more frequent lately.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A possible factor that can trigger aggression is adrenalin which can be released if the individual is in a hypoglycemic state. People(not necessarily vegans) may suffer from hypoglycemia when they maintain a very low carb diet. Also our neurons have this thing called myelin sheath along the stem, this myelin is composed largely of fatty components and its function is to increase the speed of nerve impulses along the neuron. Omega fatty acids do contribute to the formation of the myelin sheath. A lack of omega 3 fatty acids during puberty may possibly affect this biochemistry. Of course there are omega fatty acids in seeds. However plants have only alpha-linolenic acid. This omega-3 has some, but not all, of the health benefits associated with fish oil omega-3s. It can also be converted in the body to EPA and very small amounts of DHA. Humans perform this conversion very poorly, less than 5%, so relying only on alpha-linolenic acid for all omega-3s risks a shortfall in EPA and especially, DHA. So you guys decide for yourself. These are facts, not claims.

You sound like a robot....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as a vegan, besides eating only vegetables, i think they could not use anythings made of/from animals/fish including some food additives and medicines. althrough the motive behind being a vegan could be noble, i agree with bros here that many vegans are even more cruel when treating other human beings in real life. open our eyes big to observe: those who really nice and good people must not necessarily be a person who restricted himself/herself for some behaviours.

I need to do some changes on this phrase:

many vegans are even more cruel when treating other human beings in real life.

It should be: Vegans are cruel in treating coward sinkies.....

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont' blame them.. vegans jiao buay ba (eat not full) due to their diet.

A hungry man is an angry man :biggrin:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the Jains, I have come across some terrible behaviour from those claiming to be Vegans.

Seen it at Heathrow, the US, OZ but surprising not in Asia. I have since have had a bad impression of Vegans and for some reasons feel that they lack IQ and EQ that the normal people have.

One particular striking feature was their short temper and the Ladies who were vegans displayed this with higher intensity.

Anyone can to share their experiences or throw some light.

scroobal why u want to had such a thread to bombart vegan. there r many type of people around and why put such a minor issue under magniflying glass. to promote vegetarisum just a kind of sharing /encourage such as encourage people to do push up, jogging, swimming etc to benifit u. the vegan/vegetarian gain nothing. unlike christain always talk and talk how great their god and made u into christain and contribute fat money to church. vegan is a life style, my non vegetarian friends did not comdem me neither me done that to them. i even had one malay muslim friend a vegetarian, yes i agreed there r quite a number of fuck type vegetarian but so. at last but not least everyone had a "measure ruler" in ur heart, right or wrong to eat animals fresh?...

at last, scroobal is an act cool ass hole:oIo:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
...unlike christain always talk and talk how great their god and made u into christain and contribute fat money to church. vegan is a life style, my non vegetarian friends did not comdem me neither me done that to them. i even had one malay muslim friend a vegetarian...

Speaking for myself, i am a christian and also trying to be a vegetarian...not very successful but i go about have more vegetables than meat

i feel that anyone who really thinks about life may come to ask themselves this question: "why should another animal die in order to feed us?"

so unless you are born into a vegetarian family in which case you do not do it by choice, those vegetarians are usually compassionate people who not only care about others but also the world around them

the vegetarians i know have kind faces and gentle voices

i frequent ling zhi restaurant and the general feeling i got is dining amongst the more peaceable race

but these are my experiences so i can only speak of what i know

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
vegetarians in spore maybe fits your description..

grass-eaters in thailand are very nasty ppl u know..:biggrin:

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the Jains, I have come across some terrible behaviour from those claiming to be Vegans.

Seen it at Heathrow, the US, OZ but surprising not in Asia. I have since have had a bad impression of Vegans and for some reasons feel that they lack IQ and EQ that the normal people have.

One particular striking feature was their short temper and the Ladies who were vegans displayed this with higher intensity.

Anyone can to share their experiences or throw some light.

It has more to do with them being part of a minority, special interest, group rather than being vegan. Most of these special interest group people have an "in your face" attitude and expect the world to accomodate their special interest.

Other examples include:

- Eco-warriors who chain themselves to a single tree while the rest of the forest is being chopped dow

- Cat lovers who insists on feeding strays at the void deck

- Gays who made a big fuss of wanting to get married then divorce shortly after and now want to adopt children.

- X'tian fundies who make a big fuss when people do things that contradict their 2000 year old book of fairytales.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
vegetarians in spore maybe fits your description..

grass-eaters in thailand are very nasty ppl u know..:biggrin:

perhaps it is because of neccessity?...they want to eat meat but could not afford it but it result in unhappy people

maybe in the earlier example of some indian religions - being vegetarian is a status symbol, a badge of honour, a requirement and thus a feeling of distinct difference from others? Even this may not be true because the brahmins i know are nice people

but i believe that people who voluntarily forgo meat, not because of religion, not because they have no money, but because they do not want to harm another animal - these people are generally kinder than others, within limits.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps it is because of neccessity?...they want to eat meat but could not afford it but it result in unhappy people

maybe in the earlier example of some indian religions - being vegetarian is a status symbol, a badge of honour, a requirement and thus a feeling of distinct difference from others?

but i believe that people who voluntarily forgo meat, not because of religion, not because they have no money, but because they do not want to harm another animal - these people are generally kinder than others, within limits.

u mean plants is not living things?? i must go check with my primary sch cher again..

pls dun anyhow generalise lah..

eat vege = kinder??:confused:
then got beard = papa lah :confused:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually no, I am looking for feedback. The number of vegans scolding and being confrontational to service staff at restaurants has increased perceptibly where I am concerned. I have seen a number of times in these countries but not in Singapore.

I also know of restaurants in the west that have begun stating very clearly that vegetable dishes may have meat extract or do not conform to vegan standards. Very similar to NY where some retaurants who are fed up with Kosher people actually put out signs that state "Non-Kosher". There was even one that had it in flashing neon sign.

Have seen it in the office environments and social circles. Interesting have not seen it in traditonal vegetarians. Not sure if its a cult thing where passions are high and we all know the IQ of cult followers.

What I cannot reconcile is the propensity to engage confrontationally and being a vegan. I suspect it got to do with poor IQ or poor EQ or both.

Have you seen Tonychat's post in any subject matter over the years? Have you seen Boring's posts and both are vegetarians/vegans.

Am I right to say that the reference you get comes from the West (USA, Europe, etc)? If that is the case, it is high chance of a "minority" fighting for their rights. It would not only be vegan, same thing with gay, Jews, Blacks, etc.

Somehow they are all over sensitive about others opinions on them and they are quick to attack the so called "wrong views". It has more to do with insecurity.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has more to do with them being part of a minority, special interest, group rather than being vegan. Most of these special interest group people have an "in your face" attitude and expect the world to accomodate their special interest.

Other examples include:

- Eco-warriors who chain themselves to a single tree while the rest of the forest is being chopped dow

- Gays who made a big fuss of wanting to get married then divorce shortly after and now want to adopt children.

- X'tian fundies who make a big fuss when people do things that contradict their 2000 year old book of fairytales.

Just seen your contribution, seems like I read your mind on this.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean plants is not living things?? i must go check with my primary sch cher again..

pls dun anyhow generalise lah..

eat vege = kinder??:confused:
then got beard = papa lah :confused:

that is why i use the word 'vegetarian' as opposed to 'vegan' or 'fruitarian'

generalization is a neccessity and if you noticed, there are very few people who do not generalize...but so long as we know we are generalizing and not applying it to the specific, we will do fine

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing wrong with vegans, but there's something wrong with vegans ranging from Paul Mccartney to our resident vegans telling people their personal physicians make wrong nutritional diagnoses.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point and good examples.

Other examples include:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another interesting point. I never thought of that - they being a minority and wanting a share of space.

Normally one sees all kinds of unreasonable and insecure people all the time, but it got me after a while, when they start abusing service staff who are usually young.

Am I right to say that the reference you get comes from the West (USA, Europe, etc)? If that is the case, it is high chance of a "minority" fighting for their rights. It would not only be vegan, same thing with gay, Jews, Blacks, etc.

Somehow they are all over sensitive about others opinions on them and they are quick to attack the so called "wrong views". It has more to do with insecurity.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal why u want to had such a thread to bombart vegan. there r many type of people around and why put such a minor issue under magniflying glass. to promote vegetarisum just a kind of sharing /encourage such as encourage people to do push up, jogging, swimming etc to benifit u. the vegan/vegetarian gain nothing. unlike christain always talk and talk how great their god and made u into christain and contribute fat money to church. vegan is a life style, my non vegetarian friends did not comdem me neither me done that to them. i even had one malay muslim friend a vegetarian, yes i agreed there r quite a number of fuck type vegetarian but so. at last but not least everyone had a "measure ruler" in ur heart, right or wrong to eat animals fresh?...
at last, scroobal is an act cool ass hole:oIo:

I am just seeking views from those that might have encountered such behaviour.

Actually I am pleased that I did as one forummer Etherc has provided one possible scientific explanation for the behaviour. We all learn from this. You know how people don't blame the mentally ill when they do crazy things. Well I guess, I have to try an understand what is going on.

I am afraid, diet does play a part in bahaviour. You don't give sweets to a hyperactive kid, do you?