• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegans vs IQ vs EQ

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the Jains, I have come across some terrible behaviour from those claiming to be Vegans.

Seen it at Heathrow, the US, OZ but surprising not in Asia. I have since have had a bad impression of Vegans and for some reasons feel that they lack IQ and EQ that the normal people have.

One particular striking feature was their short temper and the Ladies who were vegans displayed this with higher intensity.

Anyone can to share their experiences or throw some light.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the Jains, I have come across some terrible behaviour from those claiming to be Vegans.

Seen it at Heathrow, the US, OZ but surprising not in Asia. I have since have had a bad impression of Vegans and for some reasons feel that they lack IQ and EQ that the normal people have.

One particular striking feature was their short temper and the Ladies who were vegans displayed this with higher intensity.

kirtan_beach_s.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Dun try to act as though you have seen the world. There is no need to put in effort in having good EQ to deal with sinkies. It is not worth it. Cowards should not be respected.

IN fact, people should put in huge amount of effort in using BAD EQ to treat sinkies.

Do not come here and spread lies.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these 'grass' eating has make CB Kia tonychat a bitter and vengeful guy.

obviously eating 'grass' does not do much good to him.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know two vegans. They both seem fine to me. Regular Joes and Janes. I have several vegetarians friends, again nothing exceptional good or bad about them. Are you suggesting that not consuming certain kinds of food makes people lose their EQ and IQ etc?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know two vegans. They both seem fine to me. Regular Joes and Janes. I have several vegetarians friends, again nothing exceptional good or bad about them. Are you suggesting that not consuming certain kinds of food makes people lose their EQ and IQ etc?

Actually no, I am looking for feedback. The number of vegans scolding and being confrontational to service staff at restaurants has increased perceptibly where I am concerned. I have seen a number of times in these countries but not in Singapore.

I also know of restaurants in the west that have begun stating very clearly that vegetable dishes may have meat extract or do not conform to vegan standards. Very similar to NY where some retaurants who are fed up with Kosher people actually put out signs that state "Non-Kosher". There was even one that had it in flashing neon sign.

Have seen it in the office environments and social circles. Interesting have not seen it in traditonal vegetarians. Not sure if its a cult thing where passions are high and we all know the IQ of cult followers.

What I cannot reconcile is the propensity to engage confrontationally and being a vegan. I suspect it got to do with poor IQ or poor EQ or both.

Have you seen Tonychat's post in any subject matter over the years? Have you seen Boring's posts and both are vegetarians/vegans.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I came to this thread and saw ur 1st post and even before reading thru the rest of it i knew mr TonyC will scold you liao.

Good luck man. :biggrin::biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came to this thread and saw ur 1st post and even before reading thru the rest of it i knew mr TonyC will scold you liao.

Good luck man. :biggrin::biggrin:

that CB kia tonychat has a twisted mindset (he was abused as a child you see).. as long as you dun do what he do, he will scold u.. :biggrin:

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A possible factor that can trigger aggression is adrenalin which can be released if the individual is in a hypoglycemic state. People(not necessarily vegans) may suffer from hypoglycemia when they maintain a very low carb diet. Also our neurons have this thing called myelin sheath along the stem, this myelin is composed largely of fatty components and its function is to increase the speed of nerve impulses along the neuron. Omega fatty acids do contribute to the formation of the myelin sheath. A lack of omega 3 fatty acids during puberty may possibly affect this biochemistry. Of course there are omega fatty acids in seeds. However plants have only alpha-linolenic acid. This omega-3 has some, but not all, of the health benefits associated with fish oil omega-3s. It can also be converted in the body to EPA and very small amounts of DHA. Humans perform this conversion very poorly, less than 5%, so relying only on alpha-linolenic acid for all omega-3s risks a shortfall in EPA and especially, DHA. So you guys decide for yourself. These are facts, not claims.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro. It is indeed a real possibility because I have seen these confrontations and they are nasty.

I don't see this at all in the usual category of vegetarians (those born as such as do so because of religion) but only in vegans. I am still trying to see if there is clear reason for this behaviour.

A possible factor that can trigger aggression is adrenalin which can be released if the individual is in a hypoglycemic state. People(not necessarily vegans) may suffer from hypoglycemia when they maintain a very low carb diet. Also our neurons have this thing called myelin sheath along the stem, this myelin is composed largely of fatty components and its function is to increase the speed of nerve impulses along the neuron. Omega fatty acids do contribute to the formation of the myelin sheath. A lack of omega 3 fatty acids during puberty may possibly affect this biochemistry. Of course there are omega fatty acids in seeds. However plants have only alpha-linolenic acid. This omega-3 has some, but not all, of the health benefits associated with fish oil omega-3s. It can also be converted in the body to EPA and very small amounts of DHA. Humans perform this conversion very poorly, less than 5%, so relying only on alpha-linolenic acid for all omega-3s risks a shortfall in EPA and especially, DHA. So you guys decide for yourself. These are facts, not claims.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro. It is indeed a real possibility because I have seen these confrontations and they are nasty.

I don't see this at all in the usual category of vegetarians (those born as such as do so because of religion) but only in vegans. I am still trying to see if there is clear reason for this behaviour.

they are nasty becos they tulan/envy meat eaters..

they love the taste of meat, but somehow they kena tricked to become vegan. now they can smell but cannot eat meat, they turn to condemning meat eaters.:biggrin:

sour grapes mentality lah.. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are nasty becos they tulan/envy meat eaters..

they love the taste of meat, but somehow they kena tricked to become vegan. now they can smell but cannot eat meat, they turn to condemning meat eaters.:biggrin:

sour grapes mentality lah.. :biggrin:

Can a vegan suddenly start eating meat again?

I wonder.....

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a vegan, besides eating only vegetables, i think they could not use anythings made of/from animals/fish including some food additives and medicines. althrough the motive behind being a vegan could be noble, i agree with bros here that many vegans are even more cruel when treating other human beings in real life. open our eyes big to observe: those who really nice and good people must not necessarily be a person who restricted himself/herself for some behaviours.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From another forum, i asked:

All veggies and no meat...gives you
Reduced immune function
Impaired detoxification function
the ususal small muscles and poor recovery
Cant lose fat
Poor energy
LEss testosterone (this makes you MORE violent not less)
Mentally more emo
Dumber - the brain isnt well fed...