• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Usd falling. What to do

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to change more SGD into USD. Open up a US trading account and buy ING Global Equity Dividend & Premium Opportunity Fund (IGD)

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am stuck with close to $400k usd earning pathetic interest. Already Lost about 10% of original value. Any suggestion how to recoup losses without too much risks?

Good question, but any sort of financial advice, good or bad costs money. Look at the investment banks, insurance companies and unit trusts. All earning money from helping you earn money, with no guarantees as you borne all the risks.

To whoever tell you buy USD, you can go fuck the person alr. As earlier mentioned by someone else in the thread, Chinese yuan will be a safe bet, pegged to USD, the government raising their currency bit by bit. Won't magically $400k be $500k over a year la, but it'll get there soon enough.

Last edited:

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you send the $400 to madam abacha of nigeria, she will use it to pay the holding fee of US$50,000,000 and you get half of it.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
The USD will keep going down as long as they keep pushing money into the economy to stave off the economic issues. There is just too much USD out there now and the value is diminishing.

Looks like it will go the way of rubles if the QE keeps going on..

I am stuck with close to $400k usd earning pathetic interest. Already Lost about 10% of original value. Any suggestion how to recoup losses without too much risks?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't listen to any of those advise here. Those people who advised you dont even have USD 40 in their bank.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Yahoo (YHOO) and/or Bank of America (BAC). I just bought into them recently.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tot it a good time to buy for greenback with fed about to cut QE....

but what do i know as i dont have USD 40 in my bank account.:p

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good question, but any sort of financial advice, good or bad costs money. Look at the investment banks, insurance companies and unit trusts. All earning money from helping you earn money, with no guarantees as you borne all the risks.

To whoever tell you buy USD, you can go fuck the person alr. As earlier mentioned by someone else in the thread, Chinese yuan will be a safe bet, pegged to USD, the government raising their currency bit by bit. Won't magically $400k be $500k over a year la, but it'll get there soon enough.

This is the kind of advice that you should stay as far away as you can.Their ignorance betrays their complete lack of understanding.

Anyway, I don't want to go into the details. There is only a handful of rich people and plenty of poor people. Follow the crowd and you'll join the majority of the people and be poor for the rest of your life, chasing after the market. Learn to shoot where the market is heading.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the kind of advice that you should stay as far away as you can.Their ignorance betrays their complete lack of understanding.

Anyway, I don't want to go into the details. There is only a handful of rich people and plenty of poor people. Follow the crowd and you'll join the majority of the people and be poor for the rest of your life, chasing after the market. Learn to shoot where the market is heading.

Really? Does the TS looks like a particularly smart investor to you? Considering he has bought USD over the past year, and lost quite abit. And asking for advice on a forum. I think it's safe to say the best bet for him will be to be the Chinese yuan.

Alot better than speculating in somemore USD, and later get his fingers burnt. Savvy? So nothing spectacular, just buying safe bets.

If you can show that the chinese yuan will drop against the greenback in 1 years time, i tok.

Last edited:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is safe about buying RMB? It is pegged to USD which means it will rise and fall against other currencies in tandem with USD. If one wants to hedge against a falling green bag, the average imbecile will buy gold or other currency like JPY, AUD or even KRW. Silver is a stretch, to buy RMB is setting a record for idiocy. The opportunity cost is unimaginable.

USD is the world reserve currency and will be for a very long time. The US is a consumer economy (probably the only one now) and it is on its way to recovery. A weak US will hurt everyone else more than it hurts US and every nation is trying to lower their currency to keep up with the US. There is only one way for USD in the long run and that's up.

A guy with $100,000 USD in investment is not your average pundit. IGD pays around 13% a year in compounded interest. A smart investor would be investing in the long term health of USD, average down by increasing their hold and accelerate their returns by putting their money in dividend paying equity instead of deposits.

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is safe about buying RMB? It is pegged to USD which means it will rise and fall against other currencies in tandem with USD. If one wants to hedge against a falling green bag, the average imbecile will buy gold or other currency like JPY, AUD or even KRW. Silver is a stretch, to buy RMB is setting a record for idiocy. The opportunity cost is unimaginable.

USD is the world reserve currency and will be for a very long time. The US is a consumer economy (probably the only one now) and it is on its way to recovery. A weak US will hurt everyone else more than it hurts US and every nation is trying to lower their currency to keep up with the US. There is only one way for USD in the long run and that's up.

A guy with $100,000 USD in investment is not your average pundit. IGD pays around 13% a year in compounded interest. A smart investor would be investing in the long term health of USD, average down by increasing their hold and accelerate their returns by putting their money in dividend paying equity instead of deposits.

This peg is set by the CCB, thus it doesn't have to fall together with the USD. I don't see the need to explain myself any further, because if you can't forsee them adjusting the peg or their reasoning behind it, then your level of ignorance is beyond mine.

There is only one way for USD in the long run and that's up. Maybe you are right, meanwhile, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

IGD is an interesting pick, the ROR is fantastic, but honestly, do you have any idea why have they taken up 200 mil in liabilities over the past year, when they have never done so in the past? Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Last edited: