• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US Treasury Bonds

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Krugman didn't even see the sub-prime thing coming until it was too late and Peter Schiff was warning about the melt-down 2 years ahead of the crash and everything Schiff said so far was coming into fruition while Krugman and his gang still clueless. Well, like the saying goes, "Birds of the same feathers flock together", I guess it's the same for idiots.

What a complete load of crap. Krugman was one of the very first to warn about the looming disaster long before anyone else. As early as May 2005, he warned that US was coming to the end of a giant housing bubble in the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/27/opinion/27krugman.html

and of course he was dead right.

Let's put it this way. Even discounting the Nobel prize, Krugman has been a professor at Yale, Stanford, MIT, Princeton. He is actively sort after by economics department in every top university; major corporations would pay him $50,000 a day to just give a talk (in his pre-NYT days); and many central bankers and treasury officials throughout the world would privately seek advice from him. If that is what you would classify as an "idiot", then I'm happy to be counted as one.

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL this pathetic one-liner shows your us clearly what you're worth without having the luxury of parroting others.

You must have cracked your brain for this one!

You seem a little confused about what constitutes "parroting" and what doesn't. Let me pare it down for you.

There is only one truth. If Krugman says it first and I'm wise enough to judge that his arguments are sound, then I see the same truth and that hardly counts as parroting.

Copernicus argued convincingly that the earth revolves around the sun. That's what I would say too if you ask me but it's a stretch to say that I'm parroting Copernicus. You could say that earth revolves around your HDB flat — that would indeed be your _own_ view but it would be just plain silly.

Z

Zombie

Agree with you on economist opinions versus forming your own judgment. Some people take economist words for gold. You can see them everyday at the pawn shop trying to get back what they lost.

economists are like rock singers...
they keep singing and singing.. and they just need one or two hit songs to become rock stars :biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and many central bankers and treasury officials throughout the world would privately seek advice from him. If that is what you would classify as an "idiot", then I'm happy to be counted as one.

And still the crash happened. Well, that says a lot about him and his theory. also say a lot about his listeners and followers.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
economists are like rock singers...
they keep singing and singing.. and they just need one or two hit songs to become rock stars :biggrin:

Thanks to American No 1, most economists are trained in just one school - Keynesians. Only the odd ones still believe in Gold.

There is only one truth. If Krugman says it first and I'm wise enough to judge that his arguments are sound, then I see the same truth and that hardly counts as parroting.

By 2005, the mainstream economists are waking up to Greenspan flawed theories. But no one has experienced a global financial tsumani before, even book publishers are refusing to take on writers of this topic.

QE2 is making equities more attractive than US Treasuries as interest rates are almost zero. I think the intention is to stimulate the US economy by forcing businesses & banks to invest rather than to hoard money in treasuries.

Everytime Ben The Helicopter goes to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, It is to plan more quantitative easing.

Ease some more and we will be using US dollars as toilet rolls.

See the link - Jackson HOLE, quantitative EASING, USD bills become TOILET PAPER. What does that tell us, we are going to be in deep SHIT soon.

Food/Utilities prices skyrocketing.
hot-money Asian Financial Crisis II in 2012?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See the link - Jackson HOLE, quantitative EASING, USD bills become TOILET PAPER. What does that tell us, we are going to be in deep SHIT soon.

It is actually quite a sad situation :(

Many were already worried about the americans over borrowing before the sub-prime crisis.

Now we are all taken for a roller coaster ride led by the americans:rolleyes:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bernake is actually one of the few handful of economist who studied financial crisis in great detail and research into how to avoid them. If there is anyone who knows how to avoid a crisis or to get a country out of one, he is your man. I would argue that had Bernake not taken over the helm right after the titanic ran into the iceberg, the financial crisis would have taken a much longer, more painful and probably less effective recovery.

Do a Google and you'll find plenty of his writings.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bernake is actually one of the few handful of economist who studied financial crisis in great detail and research into how to avoid them. If there is anyone who knows how to avoid a crisis or to get a country out of one, he is your man. I would argue that had Bernake not taken over the helm right after the titanic ran into the iceberg, the financial crisis would have taken a much longer, more painful and probably less effective recovery.

Do a Google and you'll find plenty of his writings.

Ben is trying to fit the economic & financial problems into what he studied (monetary problems) so he is applying the correct solution to the WRONG problem.

A lot of academics make that mistake. See how he scold Congress like a lecturer scolding students. Using stupid terms of reference not applicable to the real world!

It is actually quite a sad situation :(

Many were already worried about the americans over borrowing before the sub-prime crisis.

Now we are all taken for a roller coaster ride led by the americans:rolleyes:

They are borrowing to consume, that is the problem.
Every single dollar note is a debt paper. No Gold backing, post-1972.

In 1973, Gold is worth USD37.

Z

Zombie

I would argue that had Bernake not taken over the helm right after the titanic ran into the iceberg, the financial crisis would have taken a much longer, more painful and probably less effective recovery.

I thought Bernake already taken over the helm, years before titanic actually hit the iceberg?

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
When has USA ever had an export-led boom, ever ? What is the figure of the US trade deficit ?

During WW2, USA is exporting wars and weapons, up to the Iraq War. They only way they can get out of these mess is to get other nations fighting, and they sell weapons.

Z

Zombie

Bernanke took over Fed Chairmanship in 2006. The credit crisis unfolded in 2007.

But BB was already one of the very few board members of Fed since 2002, who shaped the economy. Bush also asked BB to lead Bush's economic advisors in 2005 before BB took over Fed in 2006.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
But BB was already one of the very few board members of Fed since 2002, who shaped the economy. Bush also asked BB to lead Bush's economic advisors in 2005 before BB took over Fed in 2006.

Fed Governor is not the same as Fed Chairman. Even today, there are a couple of Fed Governor who openly and vocally disagrees with Bernanke's policy.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forget about educating those clowns with their eyes in blind. US economy is going down and going down fast with their current monetary policy while I am enjoying my gold and silver making all time record high. Insanity is those keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. The Fed has lots of those inside.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="quality" value="best"/>
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
<param name="salign" value="lt"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1636805452/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
<embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1636805452/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
</object>

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jim Rogers 11/10/10: Bernanke is a Disaster!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSVdM7dKrzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSVdM7dKrzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>