• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious US Silicon Valley Bank Uplorry! Nearly All Of Their Bank Deposits Uninsured!! Oppies Still Think PAP Banks Like DBS And OCBC Cannot Make It?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we should be thankful that DBS bought over POSB? Which sinkies lost their deposits when the merger took place?

POSB was acquired by DBS, as the Government sought to give DBS enough muscle to become a regional financial powerhouse. POSB was fully acquired by DBS Bank on 16 November 1998 for S$1.6 billion, and POSB ceased to exist as a statutory board under the Ministry of Finance.

Yeah, this is the surprising fact: DBS bought POSB. Not the other way around. And it’s not because POSB was having any difficulty whatsoever – I mean, if you think about it, if POSB was any difficulty, Singapore would be ruined since it’s part of the Government.

https://goodyfeed.com/5-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-posbdbs-merger/

This scenario happens a lot in third world countries, including jiuhu. But I doubt you're unhappy about it. If PAP was truly socializing losses with taxpayers' monies, our Sing dollar would have been devalued significantly by now.
Posb deposits lost their guarantees. And a declared interest rates that were significantly higher.
If today you open a bank and give out these terms, I bet everybody will close their other accounts and bank with you.
That is where we lost.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Posb deposits lost their guarantees. And a declared interest rates that were significantly higher.
If today you open a bank and give out these terms, I bet everybody will close their other accounts and bank with you.
That is where we lost.

POSB/DBS has local competitors. If they were able to offer better interest rates to poach POSB's customers, they would have done so.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
POSB/DBS has local competitors. If they were able to offer better interest rates to poach POSB's customers, they would have done so.
You totally have no idea what I am saying. I give up. You can't talk sense to idol worshippers, polytheists and pagans.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You totally have no idea what I am saying. I give up. You can't talk sense to idol worshippers, polytheists and pagans.

You've no idea what you are talking about. Pagans like you who worship a silly stone and elevate a pedophile to godlike status are stupid.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You've no idea what you are talking about. Pagans like you who worship a silly stone and elevate a pedophile to godlike status are stupid.
Even the Jews say you are polytheists and idolators, they are not allowed into churches for prayers but they can pray in masjids because they openly admit Islam is montheistic.

Listen to the rabbi yourself:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Americans has a transparent system. When things turn shit, they will investigate and make good out of it with more regulation.

If you think china will do that, they will silence you via cancelling your bank account , WeChat.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Silicon Valley Bank is the moneybags of the Democrat-infested Deep State cabal. Full of libtards and wokesters. :cool: