• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US China Talk Talk Talk, dun seem to gel at all, they should seek help from China Whisperer to smooth things out?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asked about plans by the so-called BRICS countries - Brazil, India, Russia and China - to unveil a new currency, Yellen said she expected the dollar to remain the dominant currency in international transactions.

"All of the data of which I'm aware shows that the dollar is overwhelmingly - close to 90% - used in international transactions, and I don't think that there is an alternative that could possibly displace that in the foreseeable future."

Yellen met with senior Chinese officials during her visit, including Premier Li Qiang, as well as U.S. companies doing business in China, climate finance experts and women economists.

In her meetings, she urged more cooperation between the sides on economic and climate issues while criticising what she called "punitive actions" against U.S. companies in China.

On Sunday, she reiterated she had raised "serious concerns" about what she called China's "unfair economic practices" and a recent uptick in coercive actions against U.S. firms.

"Healthy economic competition is only sustainable if it benefits both sides," she said.

Yellen also discussed Russia's war in Ukraine with her Chinese interlocutors, and said it was "essential" that Chinese firms avoid providing Russia with material support for the war, or in evading sanctions.

Both sides have downplayed expectations for breakthroughs during the talks while hailing the opportunity for face-to-face diplomacy.

"No one visit will solve our challenges overnight. But I expect that this trip will help build a resilient and productive channel of communication," Yellen said.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be fooled, Yellen and her cohort of globalist Jews are members of the Deep State, and they love the CCP regime. Example: LKY's buddy Kissinger.

She's there to patch things up after Senile Joe called Winnie a dictator. :biggrin:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asked about plans by the so-called BRICS countries - Brazil, India, Russia and China - to unveil a new currency, Yellen said she expected the dollar to remain the dominant currency in international transactions.

"All of the data of which I'm aware shows that the dollar is overwhelmingly - close to 90% - used in international transactions, and I don't think that there is an alternative that could possibly displace that in the foreseeable future."

Yellen met with senior Chinese officials during her visit, including Premier Li Qiang, as well as U.S. companies doing business in China, climate finance experts and women economists.

In her meetings, she urged more cooperation between the sides on economic and climate issues while criticising what she called "punitive actions" against U.S. companies in China.

On Sunday, she reiterated she had raised "serious concerns" about what she called China's "unfair economic practices" and a recent uptick in coercive actions against U.S. firms.

"Healthy economic competition is only sustainable if it benefits both sides," she said.

Yellen also discussed Russia's war in Ukraine with her Chinese interlocutors, and said it was "essential" that Chinese firms avoid providing Russia with material support for the war, or in evading sanctions.

Both sides have downplayed expectations for breakthroughs during the talks while hailing the opportunity for face-to-face diplomacy.

"No one visit will solve our challenges overnight. But I expect that this trip will help build a resilient and productive channel of communication," Yellen said.

Yellen is not technically wrong, the replacement by any alternative currency including CNY will be a long drawn out process. The only people I keep hearing from about the demise of USD and replacement by CNY are either jingoistic Chinese netizens or US scaremonger politicians and mass media.

The reality is the positive trend currently sits with China and it makes much more sense for them to simply ride it out and manage the global transition in an orderly fashion. It is not in the interest of the Chinese government to rapidly replace the USD and cause an unpredictable and and uncontrollable USD implosion and thereby pose enormous risk to the global economy in the process.

A lot of people forget that China is also a developing country beset with many usual growing pains social issues. The government's single most important critical mission is to improve the livelihoods of ordinary Chinese, not displace or bring down the US.

There is however one danger to this plan - sometimes certain circumstances or people might cause the US to do something terminally stupid thus hastening the demise of the USD and taking everyone down as collateral damage in the process.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most cross border trade still carry out in USD with SWIFT system...no clear alternative in next decade at least

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least China based international stars dun get the similar treatment like AMDL Taylor SWIFT

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellen is not technically wrong, the replacement by any alternative currency including CNY will be a long drawn out process. The only people I keep hearing from about the demise of USD and replacement by CNY are either jingoistic Chinese netizens or US scaremonger politicians and mass media.

The reality is the positive trend currently sits with China and it makes much more sense for them to simply ride it out and manage the global transition in an orderly fashion. It is not in the interest of the Chinese government to rapidly replace the USD and cause an unpredictable and and uncontrollable USD implosion and thereby pose enormous risk to the global economy in the process.

A lot of people forget that China is also a developing country beset with many usual growing pains social issues. The government's single most important critical mission is to improve the livelihoods of ordinary Chinese, not displace or bring down the US.

There is however one danger to this plan - sometimes certain circumstances or people might cause the US to do something terminally stupid thus hastening the demise of the USD and taking everyone down as collateral damage in the process.
Eh.... now it is the African States want BRIC+ to succeed.... they are vulnerable to US sanction and coup for regime change...

The 5 BRICS members and SCO are tools for many under develop countries to stay safe from US threats...

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh.... now it is the African States want BRIC+ to succeed.... they are vulnerable to US sanction and coup for regime change...

The 5 BRICS members and SCO are tools for many under develop countries to stay safe from US threats...

Naturally it is in these weaker countries' interest to try and play up China to replace US in the the hopes that the Chinese will concede in various areas to them in order to accelerate its takeover of the US.

However to date the Chinese government reception to their posturing has been relatively circumspect, all this rah rah about a new BRICS currency to replace USD if you notice it's always from the weaker parties like Russia, Iran, Brazil, South Africa that are going on and on about it. The Chinese on the other hand have never explicitly endorsed such a thing.

I believe China is open to some sort of CCS or SDR arrangement at the BRICS level, but otherwise have no interest in creating a new currency. Without direct CNY endorsement, any BRICS currency by the weak economies will never get anywhere.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturally it is in these weaker countries' interest to try and play up China to replace US in the the hopes that the Chinese will concede in various areas to them in order to accelerate its takeover of the US.

However to date the Chinese government reception to their posturing has been relatively circumspect, all this rah rah about a new BRICS currency if you notice it's always the weaker parties like Russia, Iran, Brazil, South Africa that are going on and on about it. The Chinese on the other hand have never explicitly endorsed such a thing.

I believe China is open to some sort of CCS or SDR arrangement at the BRICS level, but otherwise have no interest in creating a new currency. Without direct CNY endorsement, any BRICS currency by the weak economies will never get anywhere.
Success formula, why change?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
China can enjoy best of both world in current "kick the can down the road" mode....100% gain with no added responsibility

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

However to date the Chinese government reception to their posturing has been relatively circumspect, all this rah rah about a new BRICS currency to replace USD if you notice it's always from the weaker parties like Russia, Iran, Brazil, South Africa that are going on and on about it. The Chinese on the other hand have never explicitly endorsed such a thing.

I believe China is open to some sort of CCS or SDRthe arrangement at the BRICS level, but otherwise have no interest in creating a new currency. Without direct CNY endorsement, any BRICS currency by the weak economies will never get anywhere.
The weaker countries know they can't do it and therefore need strong arms China to bash through.

Next month will see the formation of BRIC+ coins and SCO and NDB kicking off.

Once BRIC+ become stronger, the weak African countries will get stronger and one day threaten gangster US...

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The weaker countries know they can't do it and therefore need strong arms China to bash through.

Next month will see the formation of BRIC+ coins and SCO and NDB kicking off.

Once BRIC+ become stronger, the weak African countries will get stronger and one day threaten gangster US...

Indeed I think the trend is very apparent that the emerging economies are starting to dislodge the dominant position of the west. However it is important to also take note that these countries are not really aligned on the exact mechanics and pace of this trend.

Some of the smaller and weaker countries are definitely pushing for China to immediately replace US and be their "big brother". The second tier ones like Russia and India are resisting the pace from accelerating as China's rapid ascendence will threaten their long term interest and weaken whatever influence and negotiating power they have within these new groups.

Meanwhile my personal take is it is not in China's interest to stretch itself unnecessarily and incur risks just to meet the demands of these smaller countries. So far the Chinese government is very slowly and steadily paced and appears to be in no hurry to slug it out with US and replace them immediately. Like I mentioned all these noises that make it seem like US is going to get thrown out soon and China is on the cusp of a global takeover are all from Chinese netizens and US vested interests.

We need to be cognizant of the fact that just like G7 and NATO is full of holes with different players often paying only lip service to unity while actively trying to undermine each other, the same goes for rival organizations like the SCO and BRICS. It's just the nature of international politics, everyone shouts positive slogans during press conferences, but the underlying interdependence web is far more complicated and sometimes contradictory then it appears in news headlines.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
China can enjoy best of both world in current "kick the can down the road" mode....100% gain with no added responsibility

Agree and so far based on actual Chinese government actions and policy papers this appears to be their central strategy. Slow, steady, minimize risk and remain "asset light", i.e. don't make the same mistake as the US and USSR did by maintaining all sorts of expensive and unsustainable alliances that often start out well enough but end up net negative after a while.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed I think the trend is very apparent that the emerging economies are starting to dislodge the dominant position of the west. However it is important to also take note that these countries are not really aligned on the exact mechanics and pace of this trend.

Some of the smaller and weaker countries are definitely pushing for China to immediately replace US and be their "big brother". The second tier ones like Russia and India are resisting the pace from accelerating as China's rapid ascendence will threaten their long term interest and weaken whatever influence and negotiating power they have within these new groups.

Meanwhile my personal take is it is not in China's interest to stretch itself unnecessarily and incur risks just to meet the demands of these smaller countries. So far the Chinese government is very slowly and steadily paced and appears to be in no hurry to slug it out with US and replace them immediately. Like I mentioned all these noises that make it seem like US is going to get thrown out soon and China is on the cusp of a global takeover are all from Chinese netizens and US vested interests.

We need to be cognizant of the fact that just like G7 and NATO is full of holes with different players often paying only lip service to unity while actively trying to undermine each other, the same goes for rival organizations like the SCO and BRICS. It's just the nature of international politics, everyone shouts positive slogans during press conferences, but the underlying interdependence web is far more complicated and sometimes contradictory then it appears in news headlines.
You make good points. BRIC started in 2008 after they see Iraq was attacked for regime change.

BRIC members is not going down the same path attack by US for regime change, sanctions and freeze of assets by evil US... like it happen now with Russia....

The co- operation of BRICS+ members is going to build a lasting foundation to safe guard from predator US attack of any of the members...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In the BRICS, only R and C stand together. The B,I and S prefer to work with the US.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the BRICS, only R and C stand together. The B,I and S prefer to work with the US.
BRIC started in 2008 and still going.... they are getting recognised by ME and African countries and Eygpt.... the group has expanded and BRICS+ members are growing fast, 110 countries now.... even France interested to join in...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bric is a collection of poor countries. Just like communist of olden days of china, they bended the poor and uneducated together. They became a force to be reckoned the because of large amounts of poor. They lie and wash the brains of these poor.

So after a few decades all over, it all happening again.