• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unsold inventory is mounting in warehouses across Singapore

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently needed a few mice for my computers & bought them from Amazon. Once of the mouse was $22 cheaper from Amazon compare to buying the same model from a Spore store. The other, a wireless model, is not available here.

Shipping & handling was free because the order was over $125. It took 2 weeks for the order to reach me.

I'm waiting for Black Friday when prices are usually cheaper. I already have a shopping list ready :smile:

US shares? Malaysia share or sti?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US shares? Malaysia share or sti?

Was talking about shopping at Amazon. I guess it also applies to investing. If you are investing in Spore they hit you with all kinds of charges. As a traditional buy & hold investor, it didn't make financial sense to hold in Spore because of all the extra charges.

In the US you only need to pay $10 for each trade whether you are buying/selling 1 share or 1,000 shares. There are no extra charges if you decide to keep these shares long term. Have owned many of my US shares for 10+ years without having to pay anything.

I've also held my Malaysian shares for many years because of the dividends. Made the mistake of holding them in Spore because the broker would charge me every month for safe keeping. Finally transferred them to a Malaysian brokeridge company & now pay nothing

When I started my investing career I invested in 3 markets: Spore, Malaysia & US. I didn't want to put all my money in a single basket(country). However now I only have investments in US & Malaysia.

The Spore market is heavily influenced by the famiLee or their cronies. I suspect many of these people have insider information .:wink:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was talking about shopping at Amazon. I guess it also applies to investing. If you are investing in Spore they hit you with all kinds of charges. As a traditional buy & hold investor, it didn't make financial sense to hold in Spore because of all the extra charges.

In the US you only need to pay $10 for each trade whether you are buying/selling 1 share or 1,000 shares. There are no extra charges if you decide to keep these shares long term. Have owned many of my US shares for 10+ years without having to pay anything.

I've also held my Malaysian shares for many years because of the dividends. Made the mistake of holding them in Spore because the broker would charge me every month for safe keeping. Finally transferred them to a Malaysian brokeridge company & now pay nothing

When I started my investing career I invested in 3 markets: Spore, Malaysia & US. I didn't want to put all my money in a single basket(country). However now I only have investments in US & Malaysia.

The Spore market is heavily influenced by the famiLee or their cronies. I suspect many of these people have insider information .:wink:

It makes better sense to use a discount US brokerage which has a branch in Singapore.

I will never invest in Singapore because I don't believe our economy is sustainable. Better to invest in emerging economies that have good population profiles.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Currently using an Intel SSD drive & have never had any problems with it. Can't say the same thing about SSD drives from other companies. Have read about problems with the Samsung SSDs e.g. software.

My old pc is using samsung pro 850, first gen. I think in SSD world Samsung drives are the most reliable. Not sure about intel. I believe they oem from someone else because they dont have the facilities to manufacture. My other alienware laptop using m.2. Dont know whay brand though. Thinking of switching it to sm950... :smile:

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well. Long term Malaysia is good. Short term stick to Singapore.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shows again the highest paid ministers in the world ain't got an answer to the problem-just look at the NATO on the worsening haze situation.

They cannot even fix the constant rail breakdowns-but experts on defamation suits and teaching 16 year olds how to "behave" by arresting and charging them in courts for offending the feelings of others.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shows again the highest paid ministers in the world ain't got an answer to the problem-just look at the NATO on the worsening haze situation.

They cannot even fix the constant rail breakdowns.

talking about unsold inventory, there is still a vintage cheebye up there in oxlee road. looks like that will be left to become unesco heritage soon.