• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uniformed NS police officers smoke outside Subordinate Courts

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would think that allowing unformed officers to eat at hawker centre is a good thing. Although on meal break they still bring security to that hawker centre. Why the change as long as they conduct themselves well and do not smoke and drink.

Actually, whilst I was on patrol duty, I'd prefer take-away back to post or station unless my senior partner insisted to eat there. The reason is simple, if some crap incidents happen there halfway through the meal, that's the end of the meal. There's no way fully uniformed and armed police can tell the public, sorry not free, mealtime. A short impromptu coffee and smoking break is alright.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is from policeman's point of view. But in terms of a police presence it does make sense to allow police to eat in uniform.

Many years ago, 7/11 in the US offer 24/7 free coffee to the police. Great cheap security - no way to know when a cop might pull up for that cup of free coffee. Win win for both sides.

Actually, whilst I was on patrol duty, I'd prefer take-away back to post or station unless my senior partner insisted to eat there. The reason is simple, if some crap incidents happen there halfway through the meal, that's the end of the meal. There's no way fully uniformed and armed police can tell the public, sorry not free, mealtime. A short impromptu coffee and smoking break is alright.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is from policeman's point of view. But in terms of a police presence it does make sense to allow police to eat in uniform.

Many years ago, 7/11 in the US offer 24/7 free coffee to the police. Great cheap security - no way to know when a cop might pull up for that cup of free coffee. Win win for both sides.

I agree with you from public point of view, as I'm a member of public now. It does make sense for uniformed and armed police to eat out in public. What I referred to as crap incidents that might happen halfway to spoil the policemen's meals would be actually less likely happen with their public presence. In the past, during my time, it was up to the men on the ground to decide, eat out there or buy back and eat in station. I understand that now it's blanket directive to buy back and eat in station.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK as long as they're alert when emergencies happen like sudden robbery or fighting. But pity the police if they have to throw away their food. Hope they can claim expenses.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stomper must be Sneering Tree!!!!

I'd die before I post anything on a stupid site like STOMP. I think they've already tried to hide the fact that they are uniform officers by reversing their jackets. So should let this ride. Afterall, it is rare that brain-damaged smokers are smart enough to employ this tactic to minimize detection.