• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

traditional western culture vs new western culture

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civilization (and all other -zations) were original British spelling kept by Americans. It was the British themselves who changed to -s later. However, the Americans did change -our to -or (e.g. colour to color, favour to favor etc.)

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
My my my. The fool with little substance but lots of show has returned. Obviously from your replies you have difficulty comprehending my questions. Btw so what if they are spelled in american or british style? What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

I guess it was an exercise in futility for me to ask you to attend primary school english classes, your intelligence is clearly lacking. Now the only thing you can do is to keep on barking in this thread like a mad dog entertaining me.

Singapore uses British English. No one who is fluent in English will write in both British and American spellings unless he has a terribly weak command of the language; or he is schizophrenic. This just shows how weak your command of the language is.

I attach the corrected version of your previous post below. Study it and learn. Don't criticise someone's English when you yourself are obviously very weak in the language. And if you want to insult someone, at least have the ability to write properly, if not you will just give him a laughing fit, you semi-literate whiny loser.

My my my. The fool with little substance but lots of show has returned. Obviously from your replies you have difficulty comprehending my questions. Btw so what if they are spelled American or British style? (Capitalise your nouns. And there is no such thing as "spelled in British style", just "spelled British style" will do.) What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

I guess it was an exercise in futility for me to ask you to attend primary school English(Capitalise "English") classes, you are clearly lacking in intelligence ("Your intelligence is clearly lacking" is bad grammar and does not make sense."You are clearly lacking in intelligence" is the correct form.) Now the only thing you can do is to keep on barking in this thread like a mad dog entertaining me.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore uses British English. No one who is fluent in English will write in both British and American spellings unless he has a terribly weak command of the language; or he is schizophrenic. This just shows how weak your command of the language is.

I attach the corrected version of your previous post below. Study it and learn. Don't criticise someone's English when you yourself are obviously very weak in the language. And if you want to insult someone, at least have the ability to write properly, if not you will just give him a laughing fit, you semi-literate whiny loser.

i see your mental retardation shows up again and again. Nobody here cares about nonsensical spellings cos it's not important. I see i have really touched a raw nerve on a pompus delusional prick like you when i mentioned that you have terrible english comprehension as much so you went trying to pick on my spelling and capitalizations. Go on and bark dog, continue to embarrass yourself after i have exposed you.

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody here cares about nonsensical spellings cos it's not important.

Was this what you told your teacher when you failed your PSLE for the third time in a row?

You went from telling me to go learn English, to saying that English is not important in merely two posts, because I made it known that your English is poor as hell.

Nonsensical loser human trash. Go drink some bleach and I hope you die of a car accident on your way to the 4D shop this week! That is what I would call striking the lottery!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no difference between British and American English spellings nowadays, all mutually understood after advent of computer and internet. Your computer screen by default will show colour as color, favourites as favorites etc.

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't matter if the western culture is good or bad. As long as the culture is western, it will be readily adopted by all non-white Singaporeans. Non-white Singaporeans will never follow any culture that is not western unless it is first adopted by a westerner. An example would be the sudden apparent desire by Chinese Singaporeans to learn Chinese and Chinese culture. The reason they wish to learn is not because of China's rise, neither is it because of any inherent pride in their race, but simply because the West recognises China's rise, and westerners are flocking to learn Chinese and Chinese culture. Therefore Chinese Singaporeans will follow suit because that is what westerners are doing. Such is the sad truth of non-white Singaporeans. I predict that western culture will continue to dominate and prevail well into the next few centuries. It does not matter how much the West succeeds or fails in the future, once colonised, always colonised.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was this what you told your teacher when you failed your PSLE for the third time in a row?

You went from telling me to go learn English, to saying that English is not important in merely two posts, because I made it known that your English is poor as hell.

Nonsensical loser human trash. Go drink some bleach and I hope you die of a car accident on your way to the 4D shop this week! That is what I would call striking the lottery!

Oh my god this bugger here has activated his snake mode.

This is just a forum not a class where one takes to get credit therefore this comparison with school is absolute BS.

Let's get to the gist where you revealed your snake tail. I merely told you that those supposed spelling errors that i made in fact not spelling errors at all cos they were simply american or british spellings don't count cos everyone understands what i wrote but what did you inteprete that as or in fact twisted that as? You put words into my mouth by saying english isn't important. My my aren't you a sneaky snake.

In any case i sure hit the nail on the head when i asked you to relearn your english comprehension and mind you that's a lot tougher than learning some spellings which can be easily memorised. To learn english comprehension you actually need to grasp the language components and in its entirety. Then again from your attitude here and your intelligence displayed i would say that's a damn well impossible task. Better chance of seeing the sun rise from the west.

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my god this bugger here has activated his snake mode.

This is just a forum not a class where one takes to get credit therefore this comparison with school is absolute BS.

Let's get to the gist where you revealed your snake tail. I merely told you that those supposed spelling errors that i made in fact not spelling errors at all cos they were simply american or british spellings don't count cos everyone understands what i wrote but what did you inteprete that as or in fact twisted that as? You put words into my mouth by saying english isn't important. My my aren't you a sneaky snake.

In any case i sure hit the nail on the head when i asked you to relearn your english comprehension and mind you that's a lot tougher than learning some spellings which can be easily memorised. To learn english comprehension you actually need to grasp the language components and in its entirety. Then again from your attitude here and your intelligence displayed i would say that's a damn well impossible task. Better chance of seeing the sun rise from the west.

Chinaman meltdown.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i see your mental retardation shows up again and again. Nobody here cares about nonsensical spellings cos it's not important. I see i have really touched a raw nerve on a pompus delusional prick like you when i mentioned that you have terrible english comprehension as much so you went trying to pick on my spelling and capitalizations. Go on and bark dog, continue to embarrass yourself after i have exposed you.

Just admit that your english is fucked up lah. Talk so much sinkie cock for what. what a sinkie loser.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just admit that your english is fucked up lah. Talk so much sinkie cock for what. what a sinkie loser.

where have you been sinkie loser? You don't have to bother about anyone else in here just look at your own pathetic life with your ladyboy whore of a wife and how everyone's laughing at you here and the fact that you even dare to stay here in the forum pretending that everything is all right. What a loser.

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal

His English is indeed quite bad but that is normal for a Singaporean. What is even more pathetic is that he is racist as well. :rolleyes:

I have attached his post with my numerous corrections below. I would give him a B or maybe C plus for English. F for common sense, morality and integrity.

PS: To my racist loser student, using American spellings is ok if you write entirely using American English. But using American spellings is considered a spelling mistake if you write using British English.

Oh my god this bugger here has activated his snake mode. (What is snake mode? Some pidgin English translated from Chinese? :rolleyes:)

This is just a forum not a class where one takes to get credit (Credits not credit, plural please) therefore this comparison with school is absolute BS.

Let's get to the gist where you revealed your snake tail. (What is snake tail? must be some Chinese word translated into English I guess) I merely told you that those supposed spelling errors that i made (Grammatical error here, you forgot to add in "were" here, "were in fact".) in fact not spelling errors at all cos they were simply american or british spellings (Grammatical error here, disconnection) don't count cos everyone understands what i wrote but what did you inteprete(Interpret not inteprete, spelling error) that as or in fact twisted that as? You put words into my mouth by saying english isn't important. My my aren't you a sneaky snake. (Third time in a row, sneaky snake?)

In any case i sure hit the nail on the head when i asked you to relearn your english (Capitalise the word "English" please, it is a proper noun) comprehension and mind you that's a lot tougher than learning some spellings which can be easily memorised. To learn english comprehension you actually need to grasp the language components and in its entirety. Then again from your attitude here and your intelligence displayed i would say that's a damn well impossible task. Better chance of seeing the sun rise from the west.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His English is indeed quite bad but that is normal for a Singaporean. What is even more pathetic is that he is racist as well. :rolleyes:

I have attached his post with my numerous corrections below. I would give him a B or maybe C plus for English. F for common sense, morality and integrity.

PS: To my racist loser student, using American spellings is ok if you write entirely using American English. But using American spellings is considered a spelling mistake if you write using British English.

So loser have you taken english comprehsion classes to understand what i wrote in my very 1st post?

PS snakes have tails. That has nothing to do with one's english but it's just simple general knowledge. My oh my you're showing your stupidity with every post you make.