• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Trader: My wife died after painkiller jab

D

Dian Wei

Friday October 15, 2010

Trader: My wife died after painkiller jab

By SARBAN SINGH
[email protected]

BAHAU: A businessman has alleged that his wife and unborn child died soon after a nurse injected the mother with painkillers minutes before she was to give birth. Seow Woon Choy, 36, said his 31-year-old wife, Leong Siew Mei, complained that she could not breathe immediately after she was injected with the painkillers. “She told me that twice and then, she collapsed. Her body then started to turn stiff,” he said, adding that his wife’s face also turned black after she was administered the injection. He ran out of the ward and notified a doctor who was in the next room.

n_pg22seow.jpg

Shocking loss: Seow looking at a picture of his wife Leong at the wake held at a funeral parlour in Bahau. The body of their unborn son Seow Wei, was kept next to his mother.

“I was told that my wife had died. Even the doctor was shocked. I cannot believe that one minute, my wife was getting ready to give birth and the next, she was dead,” he said. Seow said he took his wife to the hospital at 7am on Tuesday when she was to be induced for labour. “It was supposed to be the best day of my life. But my world crumbled right before me in 10 seconds,” said a teary Seow when met at the wake of both Leong and their baby here.

“My wife had always been given a clean bill of health from the day she sought treatment at the hospital,” he said adding that Leong was very excited. Seow said his wife was given an injection to induce labour and another to prevent her from vomitting. The painkiller was administered after her cervix had opened sufficiently. A spokesman at the private hospital said they were awaiting the final post-mortem report. “We will respond once the final report is out,” she added.